Mythic + 10 requirements and tips?

Hey, I beat a +9 this week (few min over timer, but our tank had a tantrum for 5 min and refused to participate) and so might be looking to giving a 10 a go next week.

Honestly i find the nzoth 10 affix very intimidating, any guides i look at just talk about the miniboss mechanics, nothing on what the strategys generally are or what trash you skip etc. I like having a good idea of what to do before going in and would appreciate all the help.

I will almost certainly be playing healing. Is there anything i need to bring? Would it be responsible to just follow the tank? Anything important i should know, either important stuff to do or something to never do?

Cheers guys

The obelisks usually make the run much easier, because you can skip a lot of the hard and/or annoying trash you’d otherwise clear. It’s an amazing affix, really.

If you would like to know what to skip, etc, raider.io has weekly routes you can import into Method Dungeon Tools (an amazing addon, by the way) and have a rough idea. Tanks may have their own route, but the rio weekly routes are a pretty good approximation.

That’s pretty much what I do. :slight_smile:

The most important part is dispelling: on the fear miniboss, dispell fear from the tank always if they have it, yourself if they don’t and if you don’t have diffuse harm available. Similarly, on the spider boss, dispell any debuffs, and in general, leg it, don’t stay in range of the adds that blow up. In general, stay out of fire and fire-like things, dispell what you can, and you’ll be fine.

Oh, and on the miniboss that puts down corrupted growths: save roll & tiger’s lust for those, so you can roll/lust over them quickly, and patch up the rest of the group while they make way.

Good luck in the 10s!

5 Likes

Typically the tank will, for good or bad, decide when you do the obelisks and where you go with them.

Mostly, yes. On the ooze boss however, sometimes the tank “helping” with the adds doesn’t actually help, because it just spawns gunk everywhere so melee can’t do their job anymore. So the tank might drag the boss away a bit just to not be a saboteur, but you might want to worry about both the tank and the crew staying behind.

Like Tinkspring touched upon, I think you’ll quickly come to enjoy the Awakened affix. It’s not like… pretty much every other affix in existence, each its own variation on the theme “barbed objects going in uncomfortable places”. You can skip hard packs, you can skip puzzles, and just generally get quite creative with the route.

By the way, Tinkspring didn’t mention Revival, but it might be handy for the fear boss? :man_shrugging: I was going to suggest it, but since Tinkspring didn’t, I’m in doubt.

Best tip is to literally just do it. Can read all the guides out there, won’t mean much on your first attempt. First few 10 keys will probs go wrong, but you’ll quickly get the hang of it.

My first 10 key I was nervous as hell, ended up being a breeze lol. Same for first 15 key, god I was nervous. Few runs through and it’s nothing, very slightly harder then a 9. Just gotta jump in and get the experience, pray the pugs have a brain.

2 Likes

It’s objectively the easiest one yet. Port in, kill small adds, kite to location required, kill the big guy, port out, continue. Great skip mechanic, basically.

Set tank to focus, wait for tank to activate to enter/leave and do it after them. I was a bit worried about it until i done it, then i realised it’s really easy as you dont have to worry about ninja pulls etc.

The affix is very interesting and not complicated at all, you don’t have to worry about skips and the route with it because the tank will be dealing with it.

Basic rundown of mobs.

1. Spider: Generally you just run away and have it follow you to desired kill location. Adds explode on the way, some may still be alive and will explode eventually. Stay out of range if they do. In case someone stays in it, you can dispel it as a monk because it’s poison. Use revival if more than one player gets it.

2. Blob, kill eyes, dodge purple stuff on the ground, follow blob with tank to final location. Any eyes not killed will follow you, sometimes people LoS the eyes to force them to teleport and clump together.

3. Fear guy, basic mechanics dispel tank. If you and tank get it, and you’re running diffuse magic you can dispel both of you. Revival dispels whole party. Little adds hurt, blast them/cc.

4. Tank buster, he does a high damage attack so be ready to heal your tank after. Generally enveloping mist + vivify is enough to heal overtime as he does an aoe around him before the next one.

1 Like

Cheers for all the tips guys! Have fixed my nerves and i feel more confident about checking it out nwxt week!

2 Likes

The Nzoth “affix” is actually more like a cheat the players can use to make their run faster and easier.

As someone who also was really worried about getting past the single digits I would advice you to find which is the equivalent horde community of the “Scared of Dungeons” community.
If you find a community that aims to have help people who want a good and pleasant M+ run find each other, your life will get so much easier in M+.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about Zen Horde and Fail Train so it would be worth checking those out. Running with friends, guildies and community members can be much less stressful than playing with pugs!

You’ve received a lot of helpful advice and tips already - good luck and have fun!

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, Revival is amazing there. I usually pop it on the first fear so that we can get rid of the adds faster. Thanks for the reminder! :slight_smile:

You can also use a WeakAura that shows you when the tank is entering/leaving, even if they don’t announce it otherwise. I found that to be very useful to avoid going in too early.

2 Likes

Check out Zen Horde to learn m+ in a chill environment.

4 Likes

I will be in game later at evening ,hit me up we can smash some 12 which should be ok weekly for your current progress.

1 Like

Hey mate, here are my suggestions.

1. Get raider io addon
  2. Only invite people with equal or higher score than yours. 1k min. for +10’s
  3. Make sure the tank has done previous M+ key 10-14 runs, addon will tell you
  4. When doing your own key, if it upgrades to a 12 or 13, downgrade it. You do this by entering the dungeon and simply starting the key, then leave the instance and reset.
  5. Keep doing M+10 keys until you are comfortable with the mechanics, then push for higher keys and rio score.
  6. Once you hit 1,6k rio score, you should be able to do a +15. Especially if you only invite others with a score over 2k :wink:
  7. Be sure to do your visions with as many masks as you can, dailies in Uldum and Pandaria as not only does this increase your cloak ilvl, but offers some good loot upgrades too.

TL;DR Follow the tank :wink: Mark him, it makes it easier.

1 Like

A brain and a few equipment

Fear boss I mana tea as we hit the portal, way of the crane and spin like a lunatic. Hit revival on fear. Stun adds on tear flesh and roll away when way of the crane expires. (Adds put bleed on closest target). It’s an extremely strong way of dealing with them as a monk healer.

1 Like

I did my first +10 this week. Affix was not as hard as I thought.
I too, like you was anxious about doing it. But it was alright. Best advice I can give is too get stuck in, worst case secanrio you build your key up again.

this nzoth afix, altho it takes some practice to deal with the mini bosses and adds properly, is one of the best afixes

for example, u can do Kings rest without doing any mob on the last bridge,
kill all trash until the end bridge (do not skip golem at first bridge), then u take 1 pillar to council boss, kill the 2 zerks there, kill boss and then u slowly trigger the cinematic without pulling the bridge pack, now the door is open and u can take the last pillar striaght to zul shade

check some video routes online to know where to move and drop pillars, for example atal dazar higher keys has 2 routes depending on fortified or tyranical weeks (for +10 it doesnt make diference) to use BL taticaly

GL on ur keys

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.