Mythic Dungeons & not LFR raids

Hey lads, I’ve never done a mythic dungeon or joined a guild to do raids. I was wondering if there’s any advice you guys could give me. These are my characters. Are any of them in the upper echelon?

Tarren Mill

• 120 Rogue
  • 120 Warlock
  • 94 Mage

Silvermoon

• 120 Warrior
  • 115 Hunter
  • 100 Priest

I’m wondering if there’s a specific class I should be playing in the current patch that would be desirable to a guild that does mythic or raiding. I’m a bit of a newbie.

And yes of course I understand that every class is viable, mostly, and that I should just play whatever class I have the most fun with. Trouble is I have fun with the majority of classes & I’m trying to get an understanding of what classes other people want in their team composition.

Thanks for your replies!

Play dh and spam three buttons.

Unless ur going for rank 1 world, any class is viable. Wowhead has !?#% u can read up on.

What? Only 3 buttons?

You are SO overthinking this! :slight_smile:

Classes become important at Mythic raid level, and M+ from 10 on up, definitely at +15 and onwards, but for Normal and mostly Heroic raids, and lower M+ keys, knowledge and practice is much more important.

Rogues are Flavour of the Month. Warriors are well in, in both tanking and DPS. Locks a bit less so for M+, but still entirely viable unless you’re pushing, and quite strong in raids.

Class is much less important.

Step 1: Look up dungeons and raid guides on YouTube. Run them on LFD and LFR if you’re not already familiar with them, to understanda the layouts and mechanics.

Step 2: Get the Usual Suspects of addons: DBM, Method Dungeon Tools, Angry Keystones, GTFO and whatever else, if you don’t already have them.

Join Fail Train Discord

and Scared of Dungeons on your Alliance

and Calm Keystones on your Horde

These are cross realm organisations that aim to provide friendly activity for people. They’re not going to tailor you a personalised course, or anything, but sooner or later they will provide you an opportunity to join groups that will not press you too hard.

1 Like

Well, sometimes as many as FIVE! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh wow, what a comprehensive post! I’ll give it a read while I play Overwatch.

Is this something that changes all the time from patch to patch? Also how long would that flavour of the month actually be? I’m assuming it’s not actually a month. Like I’m assuming Outlaw Rogues were 2/3 DPS for a long time.

I just worry that I’ll actually want to do Mythic raids, or M+ from 10 on up and be gimped.

Like these fellas are looking for 3 specific classes (unless you’re exceptional, but y’know).

Yes, the devs nerf and buff classes and specs all the time, “to keep the game fresh”, with all the regularity, accuracy, and pattern of a drunk at a dartboard. So there’s no way to know what will be good in which content in 6 weeks’ time.

To be fair, they do keep everything reasonably close, so unless you’re getting into competitive content, you’re fine with any spec.

If you’re aiming high, the answer is multiple characters, so you have one available to gear up when your class is nerfed. This is espcially true for tanks. Dedicated tanks usually have multiple classes available.

Pure DPS specs like Rogues and Mages are less affected, because even if your spec is nerfed, one of your other specs will usually be viable.

trust me when i say play the class you enjoy to play. If you enjoy it you’ll play it better and if you play it well enough you WILL be able to push past +15’s on mythic + and mythic raid (if you get into a decent guild).

Alot of the challenge about pushing past 15’s is knowing the dungeons and your class. You’ll find all the little tricks you can do with your class to make dungeon runs so smoother.

Just choose one you are comfortable playing and you like it. Choosing one for you, I just wont do.
For dungeons and raids, its kind of a mix what is preferred and what is not. Usually ranged dps is more wanted in raid while melee is more wanted in dungeons. What specs or classes changes every couple months with each patch pretty much.
I would say rogue is still a pretty safe bet if you are more into m+, even if their damage got nerfed heavily recently since they have shroud and a lot of CC.

As for the thing you linked where someone is looking for specific classes. That doesnt mean those classes are most wanted everywhere. A guild might have 3 mages and wlocks already but they dont have a dh or they already have 2x resto druids so they are looking for a hpally or a shaman. Has nothing to do with this.

If you dont want to dance around classes all the time just choose one to focus on, doesnt matter which one.
Its not like you will be playing mythic raids tomorrow, you will have plenty of time in between to gain experience in raiding and doing dungeons.

And for best classes it only matters for top mythic guilds, who work on doing world firsts, maybe top 50-100 world and the lower you go the less it matters what your group composition is.

Same goes for doing mythic+. +15 is not the level where your class really matters, if your friends are not terrible.
Im doing keys with my guildies weekly, and our best runs so far were with a shadow priest and a guardian druid, both counting as underdogs these days. Think we also had a frost mage and a ret pally. Not the best team ever. We still done some nice keys.
Dont pretend like it matters what you take for a +10. Pugs think like that, but if you play with a guild its very very clear that trying to go for current meta is ridiculous.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.