Mythic+ ilvl requirements?

I just lvled this Warrior to 120 like 2 days ago after taking a 3 month break, tried to gear it a as much as I could, then did a few mythic +'s with friends, Now I am ilvl 452, got decent essences and neck lvl, cloak at rank 7, cant do more visions atm, but I can’t get in any random groups,
I literally just got declined 2 times in a row for a +2, I started my luck at + 8’s, then I slowly worked down after declines to +2 and still declined, I cant go any lower!

What ilvl do ppl expect nowadays? pretty annoying.

If your friends aren’t available to run some keys with you, you might want to consider one of the key communities. Do you not have a guild that can help you do some keys?

You can build up your own raider io. Just keep doing keys for all dungeons and increasing the levels you do. You get a higher score, the higher the key is.

1 Like

Keep doing this until you get enough score.
PUGs will decline whatever they don’t think appropriate. If you can to play with PUG and you’re a Masochist like me play your key.

You’re a Tank, would be easier to get people since the lack of Tanks is high.

1 Like

Dungeons have become one of three things:

1. Boosts, paid in gold. Basically you pay someone else’s sub.
  2. Overgeared pugs.
  3. Guilds and communities.

The last option is by far the most fun, imho. My advice is not to ask “what can I do with this community?” but instead “are these people fun to be around?” Find social groups that fit you, and within them are usually people who like the same sort of content you do. From there, it’s all easy :slight_smile:

Consider googling for the Scared of Dungeons community. We’re pretty good about not being jerks with regards to gear requirements.

1 Like

452 is perfectly fine for +11/+12 at least if you have people who invite you.

Maybe try joining a community? There’s SoD for example, they’re pretty relaxed (Alliance) Scared of Dungeons EU EN

If you’re OK with Raiding a bit on the other hand, heroic drops 460. That should bump your gear quite a bit and get you invited more easily - if you insist on pugging

Add friends to that list.

Play the Game the way its actually meant to be: Mainly with (close) players of yours. Its no singleplayer que experience, although it can work that way too.

1 Like

I mean yeah :slight_smile: I think of guilds and communities as different social circles within WoW. Some are small, and tight knit - others are looser, broader collectives of people with roughly the same goal and a mutual agreement to play nice with each other.

Either can lead to establishing good relations with other players that creep outside of the game and into various communication channels until you’re kind of just a part of each others’ days. And that is a nice place to be at, and I recommend that this is what people aim for first :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not to mention, without wanting to scare off the OP, you will slowly go insane just playing by yourself while relying completly on (m+) pugs.

Too damn elitist and toxic nowadays.

2 Likes

People don’t understand is not about ilvl, it’s about experience.

I know that many players want to get boosted for free but when you’re doing a serious key you don’t want people without experience.

Imagine inviting a player to a 20 that never had made nor completed one.
It’s not reasonable to invite such player.
It’s about playing with people alike, tha is similar progression.

When you play with PUGs you take lots of risk, most of the time is better to avoid a ‘greater evil’ (aka, a player with low or without experience).
It’s not about being elitist.

And about low keys. 2s are easy for most of the playerbase but I can tell you, I have seen things that shouldn’t be possible to miss but still it happen.

2 Likes

Before my 3 months break I played DH a bit, and I think it’s around 1650ish IOscore, that’s shown on my war, so they should see I have atleast a little bit experience.

The communities I didn’t think off, don’t think I’ve ever joined one before, I’ll def look into that right now and look up on how to join one.

Thanks for the info all :slight_smile:

I can’t get into any m+ as 453 ilvl but was able to do some as healer.

I would suggest tanking some, if you’re confident enough to try it.

that reminds me of a key i ran with my bf months ago when he just started playing again. we didnt use rio and just judged by item level. we invited another demon hunter for our +10 workshop key, his equip was fine but we didnt know anything else about him.

long story short, he died like two times to the slimes. then we wiped on the first boss because he stood too close to the cube when getting jumped at. he then confessed that its his first time here. gave it another try and it didnt go any better and he did it again, second wipe.

my bf and i eyerolled, the other guy in the group cussed him out and left and the group disbanded. we make sure to use rio ever since. :laughing:

1 Like

Me before playing 4 seasons with pugs:
Oh someone doing WQ, I can help

Me now:
I need to go and level classic professions cause it will be an advantageous to be better prepared for SL! Even though it’s only relevant to have 75/300 for Darkmoon +5 quest, who knows may be they change the requirement so I ll be better prepared :speak_no_evil:

At 450 - 460 I would be looking at 8+ (higher with group who frequently play together or all experienced)
Drops next change at +11 in terms of ilvl (weekly chest works differently for ilvl loot)

(Bonus tip lol) Also HC Nyalotha, if you don’t want to dedicate a whole run a week the first 3 bosses at the very least will help you a lot and are easily pugged.

Player expectations are broken, many build their groups so they essentially get carried and whilst it may work very well they ultimately learn much less and take longer to progress as an individual player I think

Sorry I add some unwanted tip in there because you say you return, maybe it can help.

Forum won’t help you as much as watsapp chat won’t help you cook a pizza

For me it was hard to get first Rio, but at 600 ish point I met a buddy irl who told me our mutual friend from Cata times is still playing, I rerolled horde to play with him and he helped me, coached me and at the start plain and clear carried me to 1k, after that I started to study my spec, watch guides, basically got a taste for it and pushed to 1,1k with pugs, then 1,2k, then helped this friend of mine to gear up his alt druid, while he was giving me advice on pulls via disc.

Next season I did first 15 key barely, this I did meta achiev and felt quite comfortable with 15-18, but abandoned the m+ in March cause I felt drained from various multichar grinds I did.

May be my story give you better hints than my generic advice to get community :+1:t5:

1 Like

460 +

and yes you can get that passively just from playing solo elements of this game like emmisaries , WF , visions.

Heres the thing, there can be 50 people queuing up for a lower level dungeon.

See it from the other side, its not about “what Ilevel people expect”, its what makes you stand out. The answer is nothing. So why would anyone choose you unless they were blindfolded and clicking invite?

1 Like

to dps +4 in pug you need 2000 RIO + 485ilvl

unless you can tank, then -50 RIO is enough, and ~440ish for +10+, esp as a warrior.

Usually for these low keys there aren’t many signing-up (at least on ally side), you either get several 420ish players, or 445 every 20-30s.
If You put +15 key on Tuesday, even as single dps, you get spammed with ppl in first 1minute (like 100 applicants, including bunch of tanks/healers). I even saw groups of 4 ppl go as far “free +15 boost, bring your key”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.