[N-RP] [PvE Campaign - TWW Spoilers] The Last Days of Dalaran 2/9-10/9

Good evening all! Glad to see so much interest in the city and what happens next recently. If you’re curious, we begin our story of the fall Monday, 2nd of September. We’ve recieved a lot of FAQs, so please check below for answers!

Whats the campaign timeline?

On the 2nd we’ll re-gather in Northrend Dalaran, War Mode Off. A brief story update will be provided, then you can ask questions or make final preperations to teleport IC. On the 3rd we’ll do the battle, 4th the immediate aftermath (Fighting right after the crash, or helping those safely evacuated are example event types) From the 5th-10th we’ll rescue people, clean up the mess, meet the locals, set up at a new home, etc.

What events are available?

There will be At minimum 3 events available per day. 2 that are slightly different variations on combat or end goal, and one non-combat camp/community style event. The exception to this being the Battle, with 3 combat events due to the nature of the story. On top of that Anyone can host anything they like. We want people telling their stories, so just because there’s already events, doesn’t mean you can’t host yours.

What has and hasn't happened yet during the campaign?

At the start of the campaign, the Fall of Dalaran hasn’t happened, as we are DMing it. We strongly advise people to not RP as it having happened yet, as we and other campaigns and small stories will be RPing it out over the coming weeks until you experience it. We’re also going to be saying access to zones later than the Isle of Dorn becomes available relatively early in the campaign so we can rescue players, but the max level campaign hasn’t happened yet during the duration of the campaign.

How do I sign up to the event I want to attend?

Like during the community stage, we’ll open a forum channel on our discord that allows people to post their events with tags to help you search for an event that suits you. However, most combat events will be limited to the DM’s comfort or the maximum capacity of a raid group, meaning you will need to reply to the DM’s post with your OOC Name and Faction. Some may ask you to fill out a form or message them instead as they require further information. New events will be posted the night before each event day, and a schedule of who’s planning to host when will be released.

I want a particular outcome for my character during an event, how do I know if that is available?

The minimum provided events around the battle will say explicitly how we intend to exit Dalaran. You can ask or may have opportunities during those events to be removed from Dalaran by other means. If in doubt, ask your DMm in advance. Some events will explicitly be flagged for rescuing players. Please make it clear as you sign up that you will be rescued as the DM may require more information from you.

Where are we based out of during the campaign?

Due to heavy sharding of content zones, we will be using Khaz Algar during events Only. we won’t be using it as our out of hours RP/Camp area. We would like to make use of Valdrakken as we want to use it going forward for some of the campaign, but if sharding is too bad there, we’ll using it only sparingly. Instead, we’ll use some kind of Dwarven location as a stand-in for the isle of Dorn. We’ll perform this test this weekend.

Can I host an event?

Yes! We’d love you to. Whatever calls you and inspires you! Host for any size of group, any day (Including the battle or crash). The only thing we’re ensuring is a Minimum provision, not a maximum. If you want to host as part of the campaign, or just adjacent to it, absolutely feel free to at any time!

Who is welcome and how do I join the campaign overall?

Everyone! Arrive when makes sense for your character. Be aware our minimum provision of events is unlikely to cover everyone though, so consider hosting if you can!

Is there a deadline for joining up or deciding to host?:

No. Just say you want to by posting an event or getting in touch if you’re a host. Joining up, just turn up to the campaign and sign on to the event you want to go to each day.

Is there anything I should do beforehand?

Complete the level 70-80 campaign to avoid being spoiled, Join the community to facilitate raid invites, https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/vpRomVAUqNq?region=EU&faction=Horde and make sure you’ve read https://tinyurl.com/LastDaysOfDalaran if you want to be fully informed.

Whats next for Trade Night?

Still to be determined. Priority one is the experience of the loss of our homes and livelyhoods, and ensuring everyone has a chance to tell the stories around that, as well as our first steps into the new part of the world now opening to us for the first time. We’d hoped to use Valdrakken, but the issue we discovered during the prepatch has resurfaced, so for now its TBD, with consultation ongoing in the discord. PSA: Dragon Isles currently unusable for RP purposes if all characters are not max level (BROKEN AGAIN)

Full, more detailed information at: https://tinyurl.com/LastDaysOfDalaran or in the OP. See you soon!

2 Likes