Nasty AH trick can ruin you

I’ve noticed that some players post an item at like 399,000g when the other items are like 399g (this is just an example)… now I never knew what’s the “wisdom” behind it until I was one day buying pretty much all the remaining pots because there were not much remaining and I was just about to buy a 399,000g potion as it was the last item and looked like it had a “similar” price. With the addon smoothing out the buying process, you could easily miss click and buy it.

Thankfully I dodged that trap and I’ve been careful but this is way way too nasty. I really think that few people fall for it … maybe once every couple of weeks or even once a month but this is too horrible. People who do this are very horrible. I can afford a 400K loss but I know a lot of players who would have their game experience ruined from this and I can’t believe someone can do this to a fellow wow player.

3 Likes

Well done!

Now install Auctionator, and never never buy directly from the AH UI, so you avoid any future near-misses!

Ah, yes. Here:

4 Likes

Damn … feels bad this has been going on for a while for so many items.

Been going on for years now, Blizzard doesn’t seem to want to be bothered to do anything about it. If you get duped by it it’s doubtful you’d get your money back either.

Because there is nothing to be done about it. There is no rules against charging way too high prices for things.

thats why there also is a loading screen tip saying to check properly before you buy something.

3 Likes

Not really a Nasty Trick, it’s too obvious.

When I played Auction House, if enchants were selling at, let us say 3k gold, I would have some selling at 1.5k gold with no Buy-Out option, just Bid.

Since most players let their addon set the undercut price and the price that gets undercut is the lowest one on the market, I would then buy up All enchants priced at less than or equal to 1.5k gold and put them back on the market for 4k gold.

Do this often enough and 4k gold for enchants will become the norm on your realm.

Playing the Auction House should never be about making gold, if it is, you’re the one that’s getting played.

Playing the Auction House should be about ego, you stunting on players, that’s the rush.

2 Likes

Imagine selling the epic upgrade item from legion for 8k a piece, now selling 7 5 stacks for 8k per stack because of a mistake, before you click cancel all of them were instantaneously bought ( the progress bar cancel thingy )

Yep, the root of all evil in this game, bots.

how do you make gold beyond 100k, so far in bfa i gathered 80k gold max.

Go to a certain goblin, let them change you into a night elf female or a blood elf female, head to the mailbox near the auction house ??? profit.

1 Like

just another reason why i flatly refuse to use the ah and why i despise Blizz for locking professions behind rep…honestly, if i absolutely had to buy anything, i would use trade or guildies because there are people like me that would rather give you something for free…or at least a more reasonable price than the ah thieves…:slight_smile:

Bah I hate people sometimes. I also make it a point not to buy something if they undercut by a copper.

Fortunately I couldn’t afford that anyway :joy:

Nah, people don’t really let bots run their auctions as they are too unreliable. That was probably just someone snipping.

Happened to me once, and in my haste I couldn’t realize the price only after pressing yes…

The good part of the story ? I was pretty poor back then, so the transaction never happened since I didn’t have that much amount of gold.

A pity for the jerk who tried to suck my money, hue hue hue…

Usually when I buy something from AH and there is low undercut, I buy from the first one that have a big cut from the last auction…

5 persons undercutting with small amount and the 6th person just a few gold above them have a cut from the 7th above him with a bigger cut than a few golds I buy from that person, because undercutting by a few golds is not selling it cheaper in my book

I’m always amused by grey items or random low things going for really high costs.

That can also be a bad thing though. If you keep undercutting too much you just ruin the value out of certain items. I’ve had this happen with a few crafted items where I farmed some old reputation to get a recipe only to find out that I would lose a lot of money by crafting that item.

Yes, true, but when someone is so obviously trying to catch people out with these prices, then I think something should be done. Of course, this means that Blizzard would need to patrol the AH, which they don’t have the manpower to do. It’s a bit of a no win situation.

I would like to see refunds for wildly overpriced items like the 399000g instead of 399g thing, but I suppose proving it is an issue too.

Is it cheating if no one knows that you’re cheating?..by your post, it obviously isn’t, I guess

All because you thought 399000g was 399g?

I agree mistakes were made but they weren’t made by the seller, you got exactly what you paid for, so why do you want a refund?

1 Like

That’s to enable cross faction gold trade, drop a grey for daft money, get another account to buy, keep cash on said account or trade to another same faction char.

1 Like

Or go to ad if you are alliance make a nelf char and go to gs inn or if you are horde make a belf and go to silvermoon lol :joy: its easy gold at least thats what people told me there Hahahaha sorry it was funny to me.