Nasty AH trick can ruin you

you can’t? Really? Yesterday, my hearthstone was on cooldown, so i was walking around orgrimmar asking for mages to help me with a portal. I think after the 4th or 5th mage, i gave up and chose a different way to get to my destination.

It’s basically clicking one ability, and so many people didn’t even bother to respond (and no, they weren’t AFK).

And you think stealing 400k gold is where they cross the line? You underestimate the gaming community my friend.

1 Like

I see absolutetly no problem here, the reason these type of people exist is because they know there are people out there who will fall for this because they are too lazy to take an extra 3 minutes of their life to make sure they get what they want. If someone lets themselves get “scammed” like this then imho, they deserve it.

Thinking about it I have done that for friends. Listed some rubbish item from my bags, so they can move gold. I forgot about that.

It used to be a gold buying method as well. List a chicken (or other item) for insane amounts of gold. Goldseller would buy it and bam they’d get gold. The token has removed a lot of gold selling.

thanks for the tip, gonna test it out for a month and see if i catch someone, even if you sell just one is a good deal. i’ll try something around 100 000, thats the amount most people have :+1:

Removed? Nah. There’s much more gold selling now than ever.

It’s just been legalised.

1 Like

The token/gold selling by Blizzard has made accounts more secure and less accounts get compromised now.

But you know that’s not what I was talking about. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I know, and you know. We all know. But, face it, your statement was false.

Selling gold with Blizzard as a middleman is more secure, agreed, but it’s still selling gold, and a LOT more gold is being gold now than ever before.

It’s a peculiarity of bias that people gloss over the bad characteristics of things they approve of to avoid the uncomfortable cognitive dissonance. We all do. I was just doing my Good Deed for the day in reminding you of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think it was a great move myself but I know there are very mixed feelings on it.

People will always buy gold, it’s just human nature. The difference is by Blizz doing it they can offer a means to play for free and it made accounts more secure. I think it’s a win for both player and blizz.

I actually don’t have any problem with gold buying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Meh I think handing out perma bans would’ve been a much better solution. this is like solving a bad thing with another bad thing.

I gotta admit, sometimes when I am selling some cheaper stuff (like runecloth for 66s or something), I forget to move from the ‘gold’ field to the ‘silver’ field and put in 66g instead of 66s as the price now and then. No one’s fell into my ‘trap’ yet though. :frowning:

Absolutely, A LOT of people refuse to answer whispers if they don’t know you, and not necessarily if you need a favor, even just a question or whatever, those who answer are the exception!

When i’m playing with mage, I always answer. Some people give me gold for it, some don’t. I never ask myself. I even had a guy a couple of days ago, who wanted 60 conjured food from me. Weirdest request yet, but basically took me 30 seconds, so why not help them?

But i guess some people are just too cool to respond to mere plebs, asking them stuff.

I’m seeing most of the time the same person doing this,with almost everything,flasks,potions,reagents

What an excellent ide-… I mean uh, wow! How despicable!

Taking advantage of someone’s incompetence! Not merchant-like at all.

yeah, something should be done - like people watching their screen when they play would be good enough to counter it.

nope.
its a free market, dont want it, dont buy it.

Considering you have to manually search for the item click the item, then click buy then click yes on a prompt which includes the price I wouldnt say that at that point its a case of being duped, even if you didn’t know the original price the price you bought it for was still apparently worth it for you otherwise why buy it?

I mean who spends 500k for example on An item without first figuring out if its worth it? Maybe goldcapped people but to them it wouldnt really matter

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.