Nazjatar World PvP So Much Fun! For Now

Just thought I’d mention that Blizz did a good job with world pvp on this zone. I’ve always been mainly a PvE player, but after a 10 hour sesh here I think I have had the most fun I could of in a long time.
And I know ally QQ about ratio, which is true, but if you get into a raid group or make your own to have an epic battle base to base with the Horde, and especially the reward of bounties, you’ll actually love it too I’m sure.

Flying is about to kill the fun, sadly :frowning:

But good job for now :smiley:

2 Likes

Ye lots of fun. But I do love to use my net, so flying is awesome too. So far, I’ve been reassured that there will always be a good % that don’t know they can be netted.

You do make a good point, sir.

1 Like

Yeah I love it when Alliance outnumber Horde 2 to 1 and STILL get the inflated warmode bonus.

2 Likes

Why shouldn’t they get it? Bonus is nothing to do with being outnumbered in a subzone. It’s an outnumbered in region incentive bonus, to increase outnumbered in region.

Players that complain about bonus are not in wm for wpvp. There’s both alli and horde in wm for pve reasons, fair enough, but their purpose is fun kills for wpvpers.

2 Likes

So the fact that Alliance, that vastley outnumber horde, on RP realms get the guaranteed incentive of insane bonusses is ok with you.

Read alot of your posts on WM, you seem like a logic level headed guy? …then this. Guess no one is above greed and faction bias.

2 Likes

It is 100% logic. Although wm populates shards seperately for normal and RP realms, both RP and normal wm shards allow cross real groups from either. Therefore, if RP wm shards had a higher bonus for Horde and lower for Alliance… guess what would happen. Hint, the result would be furious players on both RP factions.

Answer… if the hint wasn’t big enough, Horde on normal realms would flood RP WM shards en masse via cross realm groups, and no doubt a % of rp Alliance would flood normal wm shards for higher bonus. RP realmers do NOT want that to happen.

There’s a reason why it’s set up how it is now. Perfect situation? Nope. Least worst? Possibly.

There’s always pros and cons. You could suggest eliminate cross realm grouping, or just between normal and rp shards, or drop bonus… but then you have a whole other set of players coming here to vent.

Fyi: I don’t wm for bonus, I wm to wpvp.

Which is incredibly irrelevant as most players will be from the native phase. Argent Dawn’s Warmode is overwhelmingly Alliance dominated. They should not get the bonus. Simple as that.

Ifs and buts and maybes. The fact of the matter is the Alliance takes no risk enabling Warmode as they have 9 players for every 1 Horde they’ll meet in Warmode. The fact that they’ve been getting a bonus for a whole year despite that is insanity and imbalances the race for server firsts.

No, you know exactly what would happen. If bonus more on rp…
horde goes rp cross realm grps.

Which is still better than Alliance dominating 9 to 1 and getting warmode bonus.

Not getting extra bonus on rp wm shards doesn’t actually inconvenience Horde except some time loss. But a flood of extra cross realm groups on rp wm shards, would upset a whole section of the rp realm community (even more)… both factions. You can discard that concern, but if a solution would only cause new fury on forum, why bother?

What we have now is the least worst solution. Unless you can suggest something that doesn’t create new issues.

I used to play on rp wm shards, seemed the same as normal wm shards, except more boring. If you look in wm forum, both factions are complaining of large outnumbering. Fact is, a shard attempts to be balanced, but cross realm groups unbalance them. Solution of giving Horde extra bonus on rp shards, would only make that worse, and annoy many rpers.

Completely isolating rp shards cross realm from normal cross realm is the only way Horde should get extra bonus on rp wm shards. But do that, and again you get a whole other batch of forum fury. For example, I have community members on rp wm shards… suddenly we can’t group? No thx.

Solutions seem obvious and workable, until you consider consequences. Right now, on rp wm shards, what are Horde losing by not having bonus? Some time. But solutions like give them extra bonus on rp shards, both factions lose their distinctive rp shard gameplay. Bigger issue than bonus time loss.

Lol what? It means Alliance get free stuff for nothing and fewer Horde join wm to boycott it.

What we have now is the least worst solution.

No it’s not. It’s the worst. People are getting a huge advantage while taking no risk.

1 Like

Players that are overly concerned with bonus rewards are not in wm to primarily wpvp. It’s the wpvpers that really matter. They seem happy as long as there are victims.

If horde wm off, that only helps region balance. Ion stated that was the objective of aoo and extra bonus. Excess horde not interested in wpvp wm off. If they are that concerned about reward, they are not wpvpers, and no loss to wm.

Spare me your arbitrary definitions on what WM should be used for.

The Alliance is getting a bonus for doing nothing, that shouldn’t happen.

If horde wm off, that only helps region balance

Do you find Math challenging? The Alliance outnumber the Horde over 2 to 1 on the server and probably 10 to 1 in Warmode, how in the actual fudge does that help balance?

Do you? Your stats are just made up. Math is about logic, not imagination.

A. There’s more than one server, wm shards are populated from a variety of either normal or rp servers.

B. A fixed 2 to 1 ratio on a single server is not related to ratio on an individual wm shard.

C. 10 to 1 ratio in eu wm… where you getting this from?

Our war mode activity survey is the only wm stats I know of. If you have different stats source please link it.

Observational data from an individual player is irrelevant, since balance varies from shard to shard, because of lfg and player distribution effects. You are not in every subzone on every eu shard at all times.

All stats are made up.

You can’t tell me with a straight face that Warmode is balanced. The fact of the matter is that the Alliance wins every Battle for Nazjatar I’ve seen on AD.

Regardless of your theory that shards are balanced ( which they are not ).

1 Like

Whut? Only stats that you produce out of your head from no evidence are made up.

Stats from the survey, are an average opinion. Not facts, but an avg opinion stat. The opinion of one person with imaginary numbers is no stat.

Battle is usually won by forming a full raid quickly, your team co-operating, and the opposing team being less organized.

When I say a shard is balanced, it’s my understanding, that a single shard is roughly equally populated from a pool of eu wmers.

But the shard’s population naturally fluctuates as players move from zone to zone, enter or exit instances, join or leave cross realm groups, exit or join game.

The shard tech does it’s best to balance all this, compromising between balance and minimizing players appearing disappearing all over the place. That can happen, but if balancing was stricter, there would inevitably be more of it, with more players being shifted around.

Factor in that players are not always solo, many in a zone could be in cross realm and cross shard groups, even more complicated.

I think the shard tech does a great job to work as well as it does. Could be much worse, if it was a bit stricter, or a bit more lenient.

Fact is, being outnumbered is not a problem for players in wm for wpvp. They’ll just group up. There’s soloists that like wpvp, but wm is not a duelling arena. It’s a variable balance and variable skill level open world chaos gank fest. As wpvp should be.

Well, balancing completely is impossible. But overall the Horde dominate Alliance by such a large margin, that it is only fair to give the Ally their bonus. It will overall balance things a little better.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.