Need help with choosing wow classic or TBC classic

I am a new player and i want to start playing wow but i dont exactly know which one to choose (only between classic versions) normal classic or TheBurningCrusade classic or better say whats the difference ? and will WoTLK be a separate version like TBC is ? and do you have to start over when WoTLK launches ?
would love some information <3 .

Short answer: choose TBC.

Wrath is coming sometime in the forseeable future, and TBC realms will simply become Wrath realms.

So if you start on a TBC realm now, you can just play and level naturally, and you will carry on all the way into Wrath without doing anything special.

Classic realms will always have some activity, but all the excitement now will be directed to Wrath.

Levelling as far as 60 will - in some sense - be the same in Classic, TBC, and Wrath. There will be class differences and XP differences, but you will be doing the same content. So why not do it on a realm that is progressing into Wrath?

If you specifically wanted to spend time gearing up and doing the original Classic raids, then my answer woukld be different - but if you wanted that, you wouldn’t be asking! :stuck_out_tongue:

IMPORTANT: Check out realm populations and types here:

-https://ironforge.pro/population/tbc/?locale=EU

Pick a realm will a high population and one where the faction you choose - Alliance or Horde - is in a solid majority. You DO NOT want to be in a minority faction or on a low population realm.

Whether you choose PvP or PvE is up to you, but understand the difference before you decide.

Any further questions, just ask!

Thanks for the info dude was so useful <3 .

You can choose any realm but Firemaw. Classic Era and Classic Season of Mastery are becoming more and more empty so play on TBC.

Yes, you will miss the Classic Era raids but you probably wouldn’t be able to do them anyway as they are only guild runs or runs you pay for now on the vast majority of realms.

Realm choice is important but bear in mind that Blizzard are closing down a lot of almost empty realms in August.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.