Need help with gnome RP

So im looking too RP as a Gnome for my first alliance rp character. But i’m wondering what a gnome can rp as. And what class they need to be for my concepts to work.

These are the once i’ve come up with.

Scientist (Rouge maybe?!?)
SI:7 Sniper (Hunter Marksmanship spec)
SI:7 Agent (Rouge)

Does this work with roleplaying as a gnome?

2 Likes

If you’re still in the process of making your character’s backstory I highly recommend looking into this:

It’ll take you nicely from something Gnome-specific to something faction-based, like the SI:7.

There are a lot of very good Gnomish RP’ers on this server, many of them based in the Assemblage of Uld (who will probably post so I won’t link the guild thread) - there is also a Gnomish discord hosted by Ryder:

Good luck buddy, be ready to be a little put off - not everyone likes Gnomes - but persevere and it’ll be good fun.

5 Likes

EDIT:

I also shouldn’t worry too much about this. Your profession/class is far more defined by your ability to portray and what’s written in your TRP (RP addon) than the actual classes Blizzard restricts you to.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great info! Now i’m 110% sure i’l go with a gnome!

1 Like

I felt it was most correct to respond to this on a Gnome, but to answer your question
eeeeeverything! The thing I love about Gnomes is that they are so versatile if you dare look beyond the stereotype (which there is nothing wrong with either btw), but ppl tend to see Gnomes as these cute bubbly figures that only thinks about technology and speaks crazy words, and that’s ofc true, but there’s so much more! They have lost their home, and now practically their leader, all Gnomes are not happy bunnies, you can be sad, serious, crazy, inventive, social, introvert, forgiving, set on revenge, whatever floats your boat, but I guess every Gnome in some ways is curious, that seem to be their common drive.

(ofc a Gnome can be scientist, or SI:7 agent, we see Gnomes among them, pick the class you like to play I’d say and portray it how you like IC)

Welcome aboard :partying_face:

2 Likes

Cheers! I’m begining to love this Gnome community!

1 Like

Consider also the GCO (Gnomeregan Covert Ops), most people forget about it!

Also, if you want to get into a gnomish guild, I would recommend joining the Assemblage of Uld. We got some great gnome roleplayers in here and we’re currently looking to expand our roster!

7 Likes

Highly recommend these guys, has some great cross faction interaction recently and it was an absolute blast, you won’t be bored for sure

2 Likes

I will join the guild for sure. But i need to level my character first.

1 Like

To cover points made earlier and add my own comments.

Gnome RP can be difficult to break into purely because the stereotype and humour element can be off-putting to some. However a lot of people stop at the stereotype and never go further and that’s fine, RPing a Tinker or classic comic relief warlock etc is fine. Reason it’s a staple of the gnome identity.

However like any race, people aren’t defined by a set of stereotypes alone. Gnomes can be as serious as the next edgy worgen hanging out in alleyways or as greedy as the worst Goblins. We have seen emotionally detached Spec Ops gnomes and we have seen greedy business tycoon ones. So really don’t feel afraid to break beyond those perhaps perceived tropes at first glance with Gnomes and I assure you, that often is looked at better doing something different.

Edit: Also with your SI:7 idea while that’s fine and as others mentioned. Gnomeregan actually has its own covert operations force might wanna use for added racial flavour.

5 Likes

Thanks for al the help. I’l begin writing my backstory when i get home!:grinning:

Gnomes in covert ops actually seem to be fairly common, which makes sense. You could make it based on gadgets or magic (or both!), but you seem to be aiming more for the former. So for class I’d go for a non-caster type (rogue or hunter as you said); with Engineering as a profession, of course. Or maybe Alchemy, if you want to mix things up a bit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.