Need help with Maiden of Vigilance (ToS)

I’m attempting to solo Tomb of Sargeras as a ilvl 425 Demolock but keep getting insta-killed by the Maiden of Vigilance. It’s happened seven times in a row now and I feel like I’m just wasting my money fixing my armor. I’ve poured over the available guides and YouTube videos but haven’t found anything of help as of yet.

Here is the deal: me and my demon, Riinmawl, are kicking butt - both at 100% health - knocking the maiden down slowly but surely. I’m standing on the “Light” side. Then, after a certain period of time, I die. Here’s a quote from the battle log:

“Your Soul Link shared damage with Riinmawl 229,305 fire. (34,395 Absorbed) (19,149,610 Overkill)”

Huh? How can anyone take a hit of 19M+ damage? I haven’t read anywhere that the MoV can do that. I’m not a walking bomb either. Just fighting at 100% and then dead.

All help, advice and encouragement is appreciated. Thanks!

Honestly i don’t remember anything else than burning her shield and interrupting. If you don’t do that it was insta kill.

Its because you are acting as a tank and swapping and dropping are needed depending what setting you are soloing.

Well, I’m not really sure about what your saying. I assume that everyone who solos must “act as a tank” and also “act as a DPS” and “act as a healer”. From what I understand, during solo runs, the player always gets hit with Light Infusion.

The Demolock’s demon is doing all the up close attacks. I’m relatively far away casting spells. My demon’s and my health are at 100%. There’s no stacked damage that is ticking off. It’s just suddenly “WHAM”, I’m dead.

I’ll look into what Monsterette wrote about interrupting. Don’t know what spell I should interrupt but I appreciate the help.

You need to be close.
Burn shield and interrupt when needed and drop your stacks off by jumping into pit .

She was teleporting a bit further and then start to channel something while she has an absorb shield which makes her immune to interrupt. So you need to dps down the shield, summon felhunter and interrupt. Then summon your felguard again. ı don’t remember which spec i used though. I guess it was affliction.

Thanks for the advice. Apparently I’m getting crushed by Wrath of the Creators, which just did 77,653,237 damage to me resulting in my untimely death (again… and again…).

Final edit: I just re-did the encounter with a Felhunter instead of the Felguard, That was the difference. Interupting the Wrath of Creators spell is the key. Otherwise, the fight is fairly easy.

Thanks again for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.