Please unlock all hair colors for all races @barbers [hair dyes]

I meant it as in… when they got the black it was new and weird, now we got used to it?

They can be bears with brown fur too, tree bark is brown… I honestly think it could work on a druid for example.

Hmmm perhaps

So no bright pink for you dude?

How about them lasting a week like the reputation contracts?

1 Like

Yes please 100% support :clap:
I can already imagine the blond Night Elves :laughing:

And now that I think about it I’m sure many would be satisfied dying their Void Elves’ hair yellow or white.

1 Like

Jet black hair is all im asking for ! For all races

1 Like

i know, right? when i created my maghar orc i was kind of disappointed in the colour range of the hair. (and earrings :roll_eyes:)

on the one side im always open for more options but on the other side i would hate it if it turned into a clown fiesta.

i really wished they would introduce more hair accessoires or something like that. or maybe some two coloured hair. or heck, why not both. all still within racial limits but still something more interesting than what we have now.

1 Like

Pink is fine on gnomes, not so much on orcs :laughing:

Yes please!

I dunno. I think some races are characterised a little by the hair colours they can have and others can’t. Like. Gnomes can have naturally pink hair, as can Nelf. If everyone else can have pink hair, that becomes less defining.

I also think exceptions would become norms due to rule of cool. So whilst we might say “oh some orcs probably do have blue hair” I think we’d find a lot of players go for “out there” options to just look as smooth/distinctive as possible (outside of rp servers) so you’d see orcs with black hair as a minority. Same for tauren, etc.

The only concession I’d make is giving races options that NPCs have but we can’t. For example goblins cannot have pink hair or the purple hair outside of being a DK, yet goblin NPCs can have these options.

Same for Nelf and black hair.

More realistic options, absolutely. But everyone being able to have pink, blue, green etc hair? Yeah I’d feel like I was playing leagues of legends where human characters having a normal hair colour is really unusual, and that’s not really the kind of world azeroth is supposed to be.

I feel the same way about tattoos. The fact soem can have them and others can’t sets them apart. I ismgine if every race could have tattoos, 90% of characters would have them, which makes the ones which are supposed to be culturally significant lose some of their impact.

Just my opinion though. I can totally see why people want more customisation options. I’d just like them to be racially distinct kinda rather than “all races get X option”

Heee! :joy:

I truly understand what you mean… but I still cannot feel that the hair color would be an issue, or could make things much worse, seen what kind of armors/mogs we have around, and how the outfits most characters wear are usually unrelated to their heritage.

Heck, most of the times you do not see a character’s hair, or do not even see their face!

Seriously, if they can wear pink dresses and mog all kinds of silly outfits, they should be able to dye their hair accordingly in my opinion.

If someone cares about their own racial heritage so much to shun another hair color that’s fine, but I don’t think they should be allowed to deny others to do something as simple as dying their hair when they are not restricted from using fancy clothing.

There are always RP servers and RP guilds after all.

Yet, everybody is entitled an own opinion, of course. :slight_smile:

I want this.

2 Likes

Purple hair for Draenei, lol.

3 Likes

While we add hair dye, we need gear dye as well.

While we add gear dye, we need skin dye as well.

Red Draenei! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Can I please have a haircut that makes my cow look like a Vulpera please?

#VulperaNeedsDruids

Wouldn’t be surprised:

Blizzards original statement on transmog included this line:

There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)

at the time it included the boxing gloves as well, and we can have a fish as a transmog now. We even have an option to hide the chest piece in its entirety no matter if you have a special armour piece for it.

The statement can be found on Wowpedia, the bluepost from 2011:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Transmogrification

1 Like

Precisely my point. If I can use a fish as a weapon, or wear a Blizzcon pajamas, or use all kinds of mogs that hide my face and make me look like something else, there is no reason why I should not be able to dye my hair of a color I like…

And those who do not like the option, do not have to do it, and can stick to their RP guilds and servers.

I wouldnt mind it, and with the new mount, pet and mog tabs I would even go for unlocking different hair styles and dies, maby sold by alchemists? And hair styles unlocked in different barbers in diffeerent citys? Or connected to the transmog achievements.
Would give more individuality and more to strive for

1 Like

That’s an awesome idea!

Mog appearances have to be unlocked, after all. Having to put in some work with local factions in order to have access to their fashion totally works for a collector, AND would help the player immerse in the area lore rather than breaking it.

Win win!

1 Like