New Holy question - please explain Beacon of Virture to me

Greetings!

I am learning to heal on a freshly dinged Holy paladin (mostly planning to do M+), and I can’t understand, what’s so good about Bacon of Virtue? It has cooldown twice long as it’s duration (very short duration), and when it expires I often get yelling “healer WTF why I don’t have Beacon of Light on me?!”.
But everyone tells me that it’s absolutely best lvl100 talent.

What am I not seeing?

Thank you in advance.

As a paladin you dont have many AOE heals as an option, so beacon of virtue is not absolutely best talent out there but still OK option for aoe Heal.
When you use it, and combine it with Holy shock—> proc —> Holy Light you are going to top 3 players.

For me, in dungeons, this talent is mandatory. Picture an easy situation like… Toxic Saurids in Atal. They jump around cleaving eveybody in 5 yards of their impact area. Usually people stack for the healer, so they can use their aoe heals, and for dps to cleave them down easily. But this suckers hurt… a lot, especially on fortified weeks in high keys. You need to keep up with the damage they deal. So let’ s see through the 100 talents, how they would help you in this situation.
Divine purpose- as the proc rate is “just 20%” it is highly unrealiable. It may proc 3-4 times in a row allowing you to spam Light of Dawn and keeping people up… or it may not proc at all and now you are in a pickle, since you do not have an aoe heal.
Beacon of Faith- by placing your main beacon on tank, and this one on melee dps you heal three persons at one time- pretty good, BUT with diminished healing. And you have to spam Flash Heal on at least three other party members to keep them alive. You loose a lot of mana, get stressed since so many people get low and you kinda cannot do too much to stop this, and then, additionally, you loose time to drink.
Beacon of Virtue- you do not have a “baseline” Beacon, that funnels healing to one- two people permanently, BUT you can heal five people during it’s duration. You use Beacon, into Holy Shock, into Flash Heal single-target healing, not necesserily spam mind you, saving a lot of mana and still keeping all the party members on high health.
Sooooo… Beacon of Virtue, when used properly, can save you a lot of mana, hearthache and problems, and tanks who do not understand that… well, they do exist, but just ignore them. And I mean literally- /ignore them, since they kinda do know what they are talking about. And since mythic plus tend to be not constant aoe damage the Beacon just fits perfectly into the aoe heal party into single target heal tank into again aoe heal party playstyle :slight_smile:
At least this is from my experience.

PS. Examples like the Saurids is more… much more…

3 Likes

It really is super powerful. Like the poster above me said, we don’t have many options for aoe healing.
What I do is I precast flash of light, and just before the cast ends I pop beacon of virtue, into holy shock, into holy light (if infusion of light proc) or spam flash of light. Everyone is usually 100% before the beacon wears off.
After that I just holy shock on cd to keep glimmer up, and before I know it BoV is available again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.