New player seeking company

Hey all,

New player to the game looking for a calm and helpful guild with plenty of social interaction. Any faction is ok with me but I would prefer to avoid full population servers if possible.

I am basically looking to level up and experience the game at a casual pace, step into the various content when possible but have no aim to hit end game stuff this expansion. I will eventually like to try some of the raids and dungeons but at my own pace, just until I am confident with my class.

I’m a father of 2 young children and juggle that along side a pretty demanding management job which at times involves me traveling so I cannot currently stick to any form of schedule. This doesn’t mean I won’t be active, I currently use a laptop so I have access to the game most nights.

I simply want help and advice on the game, but mostly want to make friends.

You can add me for a chat on battlenet YNWA#21837

Hi there. I run a horde guild on the connected realms of Lightbringer/Mazrigos. We’re a fairly quiet realm, but with the way things work with LFG and the number of members we have in the guild, that generally isn’t a problem.

Guild members are generally in the more mature age bracket. We do have some 18-21 year olds, but most people are older, with families, jobs and responsibilities irl. We understand that real life comes first, and that we generally play WoW to kick back and relax.

As far as organised content goes, we organise two raids a week - usually a progression one and a more casual one. Raids are Wednesday 21:00 ST until 23:30 ST and Friday for the same duration, but starting 30 minutes later.

We also have at least one M+ event a week - on a Monday we organise “low n slow” M+ dungeons where there is no pressure to time anything, they usually have a mentor along to help with tactics and routes, etc. Often there is also a higher level M+ event … either one to practice higher level M+ without the pressure of timing, or one to try and time them. Apart from the organised M+ events, they’re also run on an ad-hoc basis throughout the week - people just say they want to do some and ask if anyone wants to join.

Finally, there is often a casual PvP event - usually just a few people getting together on voice chat and running a few battlegrounds, etc, on a Friday evening after the raid.

If people want to organise their own events, we’re fully open to that too, and are happy to help organise.

A lot of members have a lot of alts, so there’s usually a mix of people online doing various things, from pugging something, questing, running a group dungeon/torghast, achievement runs, etc.

We don’t have any requirements for anyone to attend a set number of events … stuff goes on the calendar, and people sign to go whenever they want. Some people sign regularly, others work fortnightly shift patterns, some work away for months of the year. Essentially we’re pretty flexible :stuck_out_tongue:

We have a website at https://www.darkwolves.eu where you can find out more about us and, if you’re interested, apply to join us.

We also have discord, to which guests are welcome irrespective of whether they would like to join us, where you can find out more about us, ask questions, perhaps join in the occasional dungeon: https://discord.gg/gQ2uBGe

I hope you find somewhere … good luck!!

Hey Poisonenvy,

This may be something for me to look more into during the weekend, my only concern is that I may not be able to commit to Wednesdays (should I choose to raid).

Hi Ynwatwo,

Sounds like [A][Eonar] <BEAST> seeks you! Do you have what it takes to..... make fun? Experience a fun time with great people in our guild! - #51 by Thorck-eonar is a perfect place for you. Want to chat about it?

My battletag is Thorck#2781

1 Like

Hi … sorry for the delay in replying … has been a busy day irl today :stuck_out_tongue:

No-one ever needs to commit to any raids or any other events. We have some people who come to almost every raid, some who come almost every raid on one day or the other, and some who just pop along either as shifts/real life allows, or very occasionally when they feel like it.

The only thing we ask is that, when people sign up to raids, they do so in good faith that they’ll be able to be there from start to finish and that, if that changes, they let organisers know so people aren’t stood around waiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ynwatwo! I have an alliance guild on Argent Dawn
[A] -Argent Dawn- <Whereabouts Unkown> . I believe WU will suit you perfectly for what you’re looking for at the moment :slight_smile:

My battletag is Epleis#2375 if you want to have a chat or if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Hello!

So I realised I made a mistake above; in rushing around whilst at work I thought I was meant to be adding your discord when in fact you posted battletag :sweat_smile: sorry about that!

In any case, I figure it best to just post a bit about us and if we sound right, then feel free to add me for a chat =)

Ministry of Silly Wipes is an Alliance guild on a smaller realm cluster. We started last summer and as such are a smaller guild so far, but we’re gathered some great players along the way! All are helpful and friendly, and live a bit of banter amongst ourselves whilst we play.

We raid on weekends and do mythics throughout the week, but we know not everyone can make everything due to life commitments, and so we don’t expect you to attend everything; just whatever you can and feel like joining in with.
We have an active Discord, and sometimes play other games together too!

Please have a read of our thread and let me know if we sound like what you’re after =)

Bnet: Westie#2496

Thanks to all who have contacted me so far, I am going through the options to be sure I pick the right guild. I would hope to be situated this week so I can get started.

To emphasise my OP, I do hope to try end game content in the near future but casually to begin with. Looking at a couple of classes, Shaman, Hunter or Mage.

Hi there, I see you already have plenty of good options, but I thought I would just throw another one in there for you :slight_smile:
We are a guild of more mature raiders, so we understand things like family and work commitments. Luckily with hc raiding you can dip in and out as you can manage and once we start on mythic we still do clear hc as well. If time is not allowing you to raid then you can always pop in for some m+ when you have time.

Will be going through my options and deciding if there’s a fit for me tonight. Thanks all who took the time to contact this newbie :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes