New player with a question or two

Oi oi,

Haven’t played this game in a long time and I’ve got a few questions for you all:

1. What does PCU mean?
  2. People are mentioning RP addons; is Total RP 3 the only one I need or does that have to synergise with others here?

See you in game.

And I’m keeping an eye on your guild recruiting threads. If you’re about to post one no pressure but I’m going to read it.

2 Likes

Literally the second coming of Satan.

8 Likes
12 Likes

I would recommend listener, it pings you when your name is mentioned, and you can easily keep track of emotes even with a ton of people.

3 Likes

Addons-wise, I would suggest getting Listener too - it adds a chat box where you can determine what channels you see and can adjust it for size, as well as getting a notification whenever your character’s name is mentioned or the person you’ve got targeted speaks.

Edited: PCU are a group of guilds with set rules about OOC behaviour, there’s just a whole lotta nonsense being thrown around about them since they aren’t huge on ERPers - as well as having a few iffy members in the past. Your best bet is to just meet the guilds and make your own mind up. (welcome to the :poop:hole of AD drama lol)

2 Likes

TRP3 is the main one and really the only one you need :ok_hand:

Listener is also useful.

1 Like

TRP3 is absolutely enough for beginners. Later on I’d only get CrossRP so you can see TRP profiles crossfaction + Listener to keep track of chat during big events.

3 Likes

Fastest typer in the west :gun: :cowboy_hat_face:

education is doing my tiny monkey brain wonders

1 Like

Yo sorry, I’m gonna take this opportunity to ask:

How does one report someone disrupting RP? Like with a big mount, spamming in /say, toys etc? I’ve gone to “Report for Cheating” and explaining there what happened but I am not at all sure if I’m supposed to go there or actually open a ticket

1 Like

I’d advise “misspelled” too.

1 Like

Noted and learned. You’ve been big helps. Thank you, all

but especially this person.

1 Like

The right click in game report does nothing, make a ticket and provide as much information as possible, also get your friends/ anyone who was also affected to make a ticket as well to get your voice heard

9 Likes

I might also suggest Emotesplitter as an addon - allows to you worm your way around the chat limit, which is useful for not losing track mid monologue!

2 Likes

My spelling’s top notch; it’s literally one of my best features.

4 Likes

I’ve never missplelled a word in my life!

11 Likes

New player here too, well returning after a long time away. Decided on this server because I wanted to maybe try some rp but from my experience so far its a bit of a toxic server unfortanately.

Randomly people will start going off on one about ERP in goldshire. It’s odd as I have leveled 1-50 and not had to go to that place once except for the alliance pre patch quests.

There seems to be a lot of drama in the community so am keeping to myself. When mentioned this I have been asked to find a new server. Luckily I am in guild that doesnt insist on RP because quite honestly the RP community here has put me off getting involved.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Many probably answered it already but the absolute must haves of addons (imo) are:
TRP3, TRP3 Extended
Tongues (Allows learning and speaking other languages. Very good if you are a non-elf that learned their language and wants to speak it etc)
Musician (Allows for bard and musician roleplayers to play their music and you can hear it!)
CrossRP (Allows for sharing TRP3 profiles between factions aswell as sharing rolls when connecting groups together. You can link an alliance raid with a horde raid through a password and the rolls of both sides show up. And they have their joined emote channels so u can see eachothers emotes too!)

Uh… mh… what else… I think that’s the most important stuff.

Edit:
EmoteSplitter, auto splits emotes into chunks when going out of character limit!

1 Like

I know rigth, who would ever do that ?

2 Likes