New Realm Connections are Underway

Yes, I think this is part of the problem, they fired a lot of people and some of them had the knowledge for the connections.

They managed a realm connection this time around btw, aman’thul-anub’arak, but with problems related to mail and guilds, which I have no idea if they’ve been fixed, as I’m not a serious player on those realms, as a casual who isn’t selling stuff in AH or raiding it doesn’t affect you.

So they have succeded in connecting aman’thul-anub’arak?

Yes, like I said there’s been problems with guilds disappearing, items disappearing or duplicating from mailbox, and as a non-raider or AH player there I have no idea if they solved those, BUT the connection is done, if you log aman’thul you will find people from anub’arak on who, in AH as sellers, in trade and so on, and viceversa.

It’s now marked as high pop at all times, before connection was low for aman’thul and medium anub’arak.

Ah, btw, they just announced they’d try more connections on american realms, it looks like 4 connections, 2 new ones and the 2 they failed before.

There was no info on whether they solved the problems they had, if so would be quite fast, but the connections should happen at US reset, as in tuesday.

1 Like

Hopefully they will add Lightbringer to the mix. Ah completely dead…not been able to sell anything for 2 weeks :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s hoping they pull it off without problems this time! I am concerned that if they don’t manage to overcome their issues soon, they’ll get demotivated on doing all the connections they planned. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Anroka: While assuming things can be “dangerous”, one would think that the fact that they are attempting four different sets on US on the fourth seems to indicate that they at least think they have solved whatever problems plagued the earlier attempts.

2 Likes

Indeed, while I don’t hide my trust in blizzard is 0 atm, I have to say I see the fact they are trying a 2nd time to connect hellfire + kilrogg and 2 of those sets of american realms as a positive, as in before they might’ve said: these ones didn’t work, let’s try some different ones, if they try again realms they failed before one would assume they’re on top of the problems.

@Trelw Hadn’t noticed that one yet! Just the EU ones. Well, that may mean good things indeed. Here’s hoping!

Well, I had said about american realms even before your post:

Ah, btw, they just announced they’d try more connections on american realms, it looks like 4 connections, 2 new ones and the 2 they failed before.

There was no info on whether they solved the problems they had, if so would be quite fast, but the connections should happen at US reset, as in tuesday.

Also they announced this afternoon they’re gonna try and catch up on some of the failed german and russian connections: nefarian-gilneas, mal’ganis-blackhand (still no info on natchwache-todeswache) and galakrond-deepholm for russians (still no info on borean tundra-black scar).

1 Like

Great. Sort of like how you added russians to EU battlegroups without asking the playerbase what they thought about it.

Go Blizzard!

1 Like

Really hope you guys will connect all the super low pop RP realms. Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire and Moonglade/The Sha’tar/Steamwheedle Cartel. Think it’s those. I know that ER is super quiet as I was on there for years before moving to AD due to population issues. I’d move back to ER if it was given new life with connections again.

1 Like

hmm there is a post saying the connection where made, that seems to be updated 2 hours ago, but from my understanding that never happend.

they made a similar post on the German forums yesterday took them like an hour to update it lol… (interestingly that post also totally ignores the first connection they made on July 8)

Merge big unbalanced servers together and make big balanced server with sharding disabled!!!
this is the ONLY thing u need to do and sl saved.

disable wm and only pvp would be even better, but i dont see that happening

ah well maby someone at Blizzard is realy confused now or then they are trolling us :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny how they have disabled comments on their other “updated” post… they know that they failed yet again but are for some reason too embarrassed to admit it… Well done blizzard
0/10 stars

It’s okay to admit failure Blizzard. It shows maturity.
The fact is merges never happened, and you only vaguely responded. Just be transparent for once, it would do you well.

I mean they even made posts in the realm forums of Kilrogg/Hellfire that said:

Everyone, following the recent realm connection, Kilrogg along with Nagrand and Runetotem will join Arathor and Hellfire. The forum structure will be soon updated to reflect this change.

No such posts were made in the forums of Anub’arak/Nazjatar (2 realms they actually did connect), and also TolBarad/Nemesis have separate realm forums on US despite those servers being connected way back in 2014… i’m convinced blizzard doesn’t even proof what they put out on the forums, or just passes the posts out for someone who’s very disconnected from current happenings to post.

1 Like