New Realm Connections are Underway

Really hope you guys will connect all the super low pop RP realms. Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire and Moonglade/The Sha’tar/Steamwheedle Cartel. Think it’s those. I know that ER is super quiet as I was on there for years before moving to AD due to population issues. I’d move back to ER if it was given new life with connections again.

1 Like

hmm there is a post saying the connection where made, that seems to be updated 2 hours ago, but from my understanding that never happend.

they made a similar post on the German forums yesterday took them like an hour to update it lol… (interestingly that post also totally ignores the first connection they made on July 8)

Merge big unbalanced servers together and make big balanced server with sharding disabled!!!
this is the ONLY thing u need to do and sl saved.

disable wm and only pvp would be even better, but i dont see that happening

ah well maby someone at Blizzard is realy confused now or then they are trolling us :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny how they have disabled comments on their other “updated” post… they know that they failed yet again but are for some reason too embarrassed to admit it… Well done blizzard
0/10 stars

It’s okay to admit failure Blizzard. It shows maturity.
The fact is merges never happened, and you only vaguely responded. Just be transparent for once, it would do you well.

I mean they even made posts in the realm forums of Kilrogg/Hellfire that said:

Everyone, following the recent realm connection, Kilrogg along with Nagrand and Runetotem will join Arathor and Hellfire. The forum structure will be soon updated to reflect this change.

No such posts were made in the forums of Anub’arak/Nazjatar (2 realms they actually did connect), and also TolBarad/Nemesis have separate realm forums on US despite those servers being connected way back in 2014… i’m convinced blizzard doesn’t even proof what they put out on the forums, or just passes the posts out for someone who’s very disconnected from current happenings to post.

1 Like

And as someone who plays on those realms, they were NOT connected successfully, in fact they’re still separate.

More than half of EU servers are dead and yet there are no new connection next week. US servers are getting a lot of them we had only a few that didn’t actually happen if you read forums.

Such a disappointment.

oh yeah, it is totaly wierd, they put out that post, becuse I am on kilrogg, and I can say for sure they are not connected to Hellfire as they should be, not even close.

eighter Blizzard do not even realice it them self, what should not in any ways be even possible.
or the person who posted that, literaly has no idea it failed, what also seems realy wierd.

edit, now they made a post about new connections ont eh 13th, but it still says, the kilrogg connections is done, honestly this starts to look realy wierd now, like what are they doing now, they cant be so out of the blue, that they do not realice the connections never worked.

and what is the point in making new ones, when they cant even get the first one to work, atleast for me the way would be to get one to work then start doing new ones.

I am desperately hoping that Dragonblight/Ghostlands is in the running for realm connections before shadowlands drops. I’ve spent the last 14 years on this server, and I’ve watched my whole guild server transfer away because the server just doesn’t have the players for raiding. fingers crossed now there seems to be something happening!

Personally I would prefer Blizzard to actually merge realms without the -RealmName-affix after the playername, and instead let people pick a last name for their character.

I feel a change like that would improve immersion (in most cases) and removes one of the bigger issues if Blizzard were to fully merge two realms together.

About the Killrogg-Hellfire connection, have you tested grouping up with somebody from the opposite realm and tried trading items?

1 Like

it has been tested, you can not trade whit them at all, none of hellifre or arathors items are on AH eighter, and you can not se their guilds in guild finder eighter so nope, it aint connected.

So they are giving an alliance realm(Lothar) a horde realm(aszhara). This will help both side tremendously(sarcasm) in recruitment, maybe except the one alliance guild on aszhara or the one horde guild on lothar.
I guess horde/alliance balance was blizzard focus for what reason.
Why doesnt blizzard ask the players of the realms what they would be looking for in a realm merger BEFORE the merger? -.-’
It sort of feels like we are the peons and Blizzard our beloved supreme leader…

Hmm Frostmane will join Grim Batol and The Al’Akir cr’s will join Burning Legion. Both low pop servers joining high pop servers. I hope that if it actually works this time that they will connect Kilrogg/Arathor at the same time or i fear they will just ignore and forget about them

They won’t connect arathor etc. unless announced, just like they didn’t connect any more forscherliga after it failed.

As for the connections, quite interesting, hopefully they work this time, blackmoore, grim batol and burning legion are full, high, high, and they’re ofc being used to fix the low pops they’re connected to, as for the others they’re regular connections.

Blackmoore is very balanced but slightly horde dominant, so this should help both factions on lordaeron.

Burning legion is heavily horde, but al’akir has so few allys that its ally population will still become much more decent.

Grim batol is very balanced and will help both factions on frostmane, which is basically ally only, so hordes will finally have some people to do stuff with.

The other 2 mergers are pretty regular ones, should be useful for both factions.

1 Like

@Esploratore: I went through my predictions and I must admit that Blizzard managed to surprise me in two of the five cases. It appears they have finally gone for combinations that have a far bigger second component and in other cases it is evident there is a further connection incoming later on. Very, very interesting overall. Now I will just keep both my fingers and toes crossed that the attempts succeed without massive problems.

Some more patience and I believe your wish shall be granted. Ghostlands / Dragonblight is on my prediction list as one of the “suitable partner depends on other preceeding connections” cases. As of right now, there are still multiple options left and as indicated by the already existing announcements, it is not yet possible to determine whether that pair gets combined with some other pair / triplet or directly to some larger currently single realm. There are, at a quick glance, at least 16 possible options left at the moment.

@Gnomeofdeath: I was not surprised by this pairing. However, considering some of the other choices Blizzard made, I am currently asking myself whether there might be an additional connection in the planning after this 4-way has first been successfully completed. I may have to revise my predictions once a bit more data is made available publicly as there are multiple cases where three 4-ways might instead be two 6-ways… ponders carefully

Yes, it’s indeed interesting.

Certainly negative on one side as it means no more flipping rockets and rhinos from BMAH, and likely means having to buy the brutosaur from vendor before pre patch, but bigger realms also mean better economy (and raiding for who raids ofc).

This week’s connections are a lot luckier for my personal realm configuration: lothar, azshara and burning legion connections will simply delete a realm off my missing list, since I don’t have chars on any of the 2, and as for lordaeron and alexstrasza connections, I have a char on these 2 and don’t have one on the 2 they’re being linked to, so effectively that’s 2 more realms I won’t have to make chars on any more.

Some connections are so aggressive that really no realm can be excluded, even draenor or silvermoon could be linked to extremely small realms without impacting the risk of queues significantly, so there’s no point for me levelling the last 4 chars on realms of my pick, cause it’s all about luck if they will end up connected or not, no matter the population.

And like you said, let’s hope these connections actually work, or the majority at least, cause the amount of connections that went through in EU has been pitiful so far.