New Secondary stat penalty

I don’t think the intention was to stop sims from being done (they know they can’t stop it), more like stopping stat stacking which benefits various traits and stuff, surely with legendries in Shadowlands there are going to be some specific ones which make certain stats much more beneficial.

Hit is a crap stat. You spend the whole early game making sure you have x% and then you spend the rest of the time making sure you don’t lose it. Its literally pointless except to lower stats on other items…

1 Like

You think it is crap. I think the current stat system is crap. We can do this all day.

That required what? 10 seconds of thinking? It was not even as bad as the stats now.

Here you go

1 Like

Yes it was, because you couldn’t remove certain items until you got upgrades that had hit on them. The stat was so crap that many pve specs had hit in talents to reduce the need for gear…

1 Like

I got flaged and removed, but : Hit and expertise were annoying because if you didn’t reach cap, then you had to loose other stats to get those caps. I also said boring at best because reforge lite would simply reforge stats, but that’s it.

Also, they don’t interact with gameplay : More haste reduce GCD, mastery does something different for each spec, so on and on.

This is good riddance.

1 Like

This graph tell me that if i had 1500 haste in bfa it will be like 1150 in shadowlands. Im not happy with this.

400 stats down the drain, thats 8 gems less

Lets say i will still main shadow, and for some reason mastery will be a sh!t stat as it is now, i will be forced to go beyond stats penalties while another classes will benefit from 3 stats instead of 2.

In the end this doesn’t really change anything. We’ll still sim for any piece to see if it’s an upgrade.

Well we need to remember we did the same moveing from Legion to BFA as we lost 3 slots with stats on and they aslo added the GCD which made most spec very clunky .
I hope we never see hit or expertise back pointless stats and the difference of melee needing only 7.5% compared to spell caster 15% . I thought Ion’s idea was just to put on any new piece you get as long as its higher item level .

Edit just to say i agree with you just its something we are used to :frowning:

Meanwhile fire mages still got 100% crit talents. Devs spit in our faces.

Its devs responsibility to make game balanced and make players to be not able to reach this high stats. Like some classes in this expansion could get to 700% mastery wtf. Fire mages got free crits and tones of mastery. I cant understand the class design this way.

1 Like

Blizzard could have just made corruption stacking not allowed. Just max R3 of everything and higher than that got ignored. The current crap situation is 100% on blizz :frowning:

1 Like

Also blizzard: “Reforging was too confusing for players”

When it comes to gearing, Blizzard always seems to contradict themselves every time.

1 Like

Which talent is giving mages 100% crit? The only one I know of for fire only works until the HP of the enemy drops below 90%.

We want ilvl to reflect your efforts - > an item with less ilvl can actually be an upgrade thanks to corruption

He is referring to the one that scorch always crits during execute phase.

Oh, that one. I mean, it is tied to an ability that still does less than a fireball, even with the damage increase and it works below 30% HP. It is purely there to make the class design work.

Well, I saw top parses not using this talent, but I didn’t dig enough in to understand such a choice.

Those parses are likely either with minute-man build, or they use the guaranteed crit talent above 90% to create bigger ignite stacks at the start. One minute combustion build does not work too well with the scorch talent, because scorch crits does not reduce the CD of your combustion. After 30% HP you still want to hard cast fireball as often as possible.

It can also be the crit build, in which case you have little need for scorch to always crit.

Never seen the crit build in play, so I never really looked after how it works (just guess work on my part in that case.)

I can’t see this being an issue, it might feel like one in BFA because bliz aren’t doing any tuning to accompany it but once SL starts and the raid opens it’ll be a complete wash, since bliz will tune specs based on the data they’re given which is us playing within the system that has stat DRs.

As Miki pointed out, this affects specs which scale with certain stats too well, but those specs had also been repeatedly and consistently nerfed at the start of every tier. This made all those who didn’t have the gear even worse off. Now they won’t scale as well and won’t need to be toned down by hotfixes or pre tier nerfs.

This only affects stat numbers, nothing that gives % stats like icyveins or bloodlust etc.

they opened waygates to stronger stat procs using this pentalty system.
Baseline unbuffed the stats rarely go that high, i mean you can have sth like 60% haste and that’s still okay, but it’s the procs that make diffrence.

currently you can stack 3x overwhelming power + vita trinket + galecaller’s boon and you have an absurd amount of haste from procs that is getting further modified by your stacked corruptions (nearly twice as much haste if you stack 12% on everything). This is how people are reaching 200% in combat (without hero!) which is stupid and imbalanced. Chaos Bolt should not be near-instant cast, ever.

Now it’s hard capped at 106%, going beyond this will not have any effect, preventing ridiculous scaling at higher end of the gear spectrum (especially patch 9.3)

I wonder how it is going to affect Torgast, a place designed around being ridiculously overpowered after acquiring a few enchantments.