New Secondary stat penalty

Which talent is giving mages 100% crit? The only one I know of for fire only works until the HP of the enemy drops below 90%.

We want ilvl to reflect your efforts - > an item with less ilvl can actually be an upgrade thanks to corruption

He is referring to the one that scorch always crits during execute phase.

Oh, that one. I mean, it is tied to an ability that still does less than a fireball, even with the damage increase and it works below 30% HP. It is purely there to make the class design work.

Well, I saw top parses not using this talent, but I didn’t dig enough in to understand such a choice.

Those parses are likely either with minute-man build, or they use the guaranteed crit talent above 90% to create bigger ignite stacks at the start. One minute combustion build does not work too well with the scorch talent, because scorch crits does not reduce the CD of your combustion. After 30% HP you still want to hard cast fireball as often as possible.

It can also be the crit build, in which case you have little need for scorch to always crit.

Never seen the crit build in play, so I never really looked after how it works (just guess work on my part in that case.)

I can’t see this being an issue, it might feel like one in BFA because bliz aren’t doing any tuning to accompany it but once SL starts and the raid opens it’ll be a complete wash, since bliz will tune specs based on the data they’re given which is us playing within the system that has stat DRs.

As Miki pointed out, this affects specs which scale with certain stats too well, but those specs had also been repeatedly and consistently nerfed at the start of every tier. This made all those who didn’t have the gear even worse off. Now they won’t scale as well and won’t need to be toned down by hotfixes or pre tier nerfs.

This only affects stat numbers, nothing that gives % stats like icyveins or bloodlust etc.

they opened waygates to stronger stat procs using this pentalty system.
Baseline unbuffed the stats rarely go that high, i mean you can have sth like 60% haste and that’s still okay, but it’s the procs that make diffrence.

currently you can stack 3x overwhelming power + vita trinket + galecaller’s boon and you have an absurd amount of haste from procs that is getting further modified by your stacked corruptions (nearly twice as much haste if you stack 12% on everything). This is how people are reaching 200% in combat (without hero!) which is stupid and imbalanced. Chaos Bolt should not be near-instant cast, ever.

Now it’s hard capped at 106%, going beyond this will not have any effect, preventing ridiculous scaling at higher end of the gear spectrum (especially patch 9.3)

I wonder how it is going to affect Torgast, a place designed around being ridiculously overpowered after acquiring a few enchantments.

I really hate systems like this and I don’t think its needed they just need to stop adding secondary stats from other sources. People have managed to go super high because Blizzard made it possible to go super high. If the possibility doesnt exist there is no need for a system like this in the first place. And the game also gets easier to balance when stats doesnt go haywire.

With that said I can only talk for my own class and spec which is Prot Pala since I don’t really have any clue on other classes when it comes to what they get from gear. I won’t be all that affected by it, I’d imagine Mastery will take over as best stat after I hit 34-35% haste and I don’t see any problems with that. And the negative effect is so low at first so the effect will be minimal unless you mass stack a stat.

And obviously classes that really needs a specific stat to be competitive will have to get some retuning but thats easily done.

1 Like

Developers still don’t play the game, sick.

I 100% agree. With players needing 17% hit rating and melee needing expertise on top, stat prio was very clear and would rarely change throughout the expansion.

The fact that we have to sim so much is why I pay for a subscription to raidbots :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.