New to Argent Dawn and rp

Hi all,
Following the decision to try something new in the game I started a new character on this realm (I heard it was the most popular option for EU rp). I’m still a few levels away from 120 but just wanted to ask a few questions before I start the rp experience.

• How would I start a role play conversation?. Would I go out of character at first to ask them or would I just start talking in character?.
  • Are most guilds on the server welcoming to new (rp) players and are the conversations in the guild chat in character or out of character?.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Just do this.

I think a lot of guilds are! (can’t speak for the whole server obviously) and its mostly OOC in /g.

Also, welcome to the server!

3 Likes

If you haven’t already, I would suggest getting a roleplay addon - TotalRoleplay and XRP are the most popular. They let you fill out a description of your character, a full name, and let people know what your character is currently doing, as well as a useful out-of-character (OOC) box.

Walk up to someone and just start talking.

Most guilds and people are happy to accommodate new players. I would say the best course of action is to simply state that you’re new in your OOC information that you’re new to roleplay. Other than that, it’s just a matter of learning, often things like smaller lore details and the like which many new people can trip up on.

For a majority of guilds, out of character. The guilds which do treat it in-character often have a custom channel, or guild community, that functions as an OOC chat.

Undead have the option of Sylvanas loyalism or not, so which communities and guilds you should check out for your character will naturally vary. If you opt not to be loyal to Sylvanas, here is one option.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/h-rp-the-tirisfallen-rebuild-reclaim-redefine-%F0%9F%A7%9F/137935

Loyalist communities, such as The Rotgarde, are by definition, a little further out of the way.

Welcome to Argent Dawn.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome ! As for your questions,

This is the right thing to do, and for your second one.

Most are very welcoming, I have a lists of awesome guilds built on a wonderful community. And the guild chats are most of the time, in all the guilds i have been in, OOC.

Here is the list.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.