New to WOW!

Hello I am new to wow and currently level 27! Really enjoying my experience just wanting some info/help…

Firstly just wanting to know if the realm I am in is a good one, yes I know a little to late to be asking this but might as well know!

Also I am currently questing - now in Ashenvale (Which I may say is amazing!) is this the best thing to do? Was planning on levelling in different zones with the odd dungeon as I do enjoy questing and exploring but also find it fun to play with other player in WOW!

Must say so far met some nice people who have been very helpful! Looks like this community is great!

P.s. I think i’m in love??

8 Likes

Draenor is a good horde realm, probably one of the biggest. As to what you should do, I’m not sure, you have to pick from dungeons or questing, although that doesn’t mean you can’t do a mix of both (that’s what I do). If you’re worried about efficiency, well, let me just tell you that it doesn’t really matter, as long as you’re having fun it’s all good. Questing and dungeons are both very viable ways to level up.

1 Like

Welcome to WoW!!!

Draenor is one of the busiest Horde realms. So yes you chose well :slight_smile:

Via the power of party sync you should be able to level anyone now. Is someone else in your guild interested in playing with you maybe?

You could also try

4 Likes

You chose one of the best (and the biggest Horde server), you’ll be alright :smiley:

Level as you enjoy! I totally recommend the way you are leveling, questing is the most immersive way.

As for dungeons you can either queue for them as frequent as you want, or if you don’t want to miss out too much on the world questing content as you’d rather do that then you can just run the dungeon that you have a quest for by the end of a zone.

2 Likes

Really jealous. I wish I could experience Wow all again for the first time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh thanks to you all for great replies has helped!
Definitely loving this game so thats all that matters I guess!! :smiley:

Welcome to wow, enjoy your time. And others have already answered your questions here so no need for me to say the same ofcourse.

You heard about your realm.

As for what you should do for leveling up, Just go to every zone you can. Experience the quests. Do some dungeons too (With dungeon finder), just so you could get the hang of some group stuff. It’s gonna be easy. Just follow the other teammates and you should do fine. go as shadow priest and not healer for your first couple of tries.

For my first levelup, which actually was this mage i’m currently posting with, I went to all the zones. I’ve been to northrend, outland, kalimdor, eastern kingdoms, pandaria, everywhere. I mostly leveled up with questing and I gotta say it was a good experience for my first try. Once you get to know things a bit more, you’ll figure out the best way to level up for the next times.

Just view the game as an adventure for the time being. When you hit max level download some addons, look at some guides if you have questions and learn what RIO is cause love it or hate it it’s gonna dictate how many invites you will be getting.

“Good one”…in terms of the number of players or the players themselves?

There’s the answer to the latter which makes knowing the former irrelevant.

quit now this game is crap, but you’ll only notice once you’re in too deep

1 Like

Welcome to WoW and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth! As long as you’re having fun, this game is definitely worth playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to WoW! :grinning:

When I level a Horde character I usually stay in Kalimdor, I just find those zone more Horde-immersive (expecially the central ones like Barrens, Stonetalon).

Ps. Draenor is an excellent realm for Horde.

1 Like

Ahoy, and welcome to Azeroth! As others have mentioned, Draenor is a good realm to be on with lots of people. The cool thing is, if you happen to meet some friends on different realms, like through the forums or other communities, WoW has cross-realm play when you group with them so you can always play with your friends. With the party sync feature this has become easier than ever.
For levelling, yeah, I think just adventuring is a good way to go. Take in the scenery, learn more about the characters and story. Doing a few dungeons in between wouldn’t hurt though. It’s a great way to meet new people and get some decent gear upgrades.
Happy exploring.

2 Likes

Welcome to WoW and good decision on choosing the best faction too :clap: :clap:

(Sorry Alliance peeps :stuck_out_tongue:)

Agreeing with others - quest, do some dungeons, explore, maybe try a BG or too (might be a bit rough, but worth it).

Very glad to hear that you met nice people, be wary not everyone is (just like life), but anyone who isn’t nice has the problem and not you (should you experience it).

Ashenvale is gorgeous and one of may favourite zones, but there are many other incredible zones and I hope you enjoy these too when you play through them.

Sounds you’re on a good realm too!

Keep the dream alive, and For the Horde! :grin: :fist_right:

3 Likes

Well thanks everyone ! Been a busy week In my real Life lol so haven’t played as much as I wanted but going to hammer it to night haha currently in the hinterlands which looks exciting and appreciate the comments ! Hope to cross path with yous all at some point in the world of Warcraft

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.