Newbie looking for RP friends, feedback appreciated

I would delete my post, because what a few things I said were stupid/rude, but in case anyone else feels nervous trying RP:

"Hello, I’m a new player, hoping to make new friends to chill with and rp.

I think I’m really bad and ignorant about this, so would appreciate input.

When I walk around Stormwind or something, with MRP, no one seems to want to RP when I have looking for contact on.

If I see other people, they are RPing with other people, and it seems awfully awkward if I just walk into it.

I usually try and wave to people, doing what I can to suggest I’m open to contact.

I also tried using the guild finder tool but no one responds.

I’m looking for a good adventure with people. Not anything ERP or with over the top mary sues.

I guess I don’t know what i’m doing, sorry.

Could i get post my character description and have some opinions on it?

Thank you for your time, take care."

I’m not sure what you refer to exactly, but most people use the addon “total rp 3”. It has a handy map scan.

WELL… You either just walk into their group and start talking OR you start to look for singular people sitting somewhere. An rp guild might work for you as well.

Unfortunately that is what MAAAAAAAAANY roleplayers won’t react to. They might /wave back or ask what’s up IC, but from there on you have to continue the conversation.

Usually done in guilds, your guild is (atleast the one displayed in the forums) not a roleplay guild.

Even if you do, we all started somewhere.

DO IT.

Also this might come in handy. :slight_smile:

Thanks dude, I’ll try to learn from what you said.

How did we go from this…

to this?

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m shy, and I felt frustrated and sad at first when making my post. But then the kind dude, Krar, cleared things up for me.

I wanted to delete my post because I was cool, and thought you must get a lot of posts like mine, but they don’t let you delete posts.

Is everything alright?

The shy part is good, because that means you can relate to the people who are too shy to approach others.

I just wanna mention that try not to have these feelings too much when roleplaying. Easy to say, hard to do, I know. The more you approach random people, the less shy you become (IRL too, atleast that worked for me). Don’t feel frustrated because another character dismisses yours or so, it can happen. Don’t feel discouraged to approach more people because of one or two bad situations. Trust me, there will always be someone who will be happy that you approached their character.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.