[New/Updated] post on Covenant abilities

Source(all classes): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23374470

We got some more news for the class, source found in link above and Hunter specific abilities found below.

Covenant - Ability

Kyrian - Resonating Arrow, (previously: Resonance Trap)

Fire a resonating arrow to the target location and fill the area with echoing anima. The effect causes your attacks to ignore line of sight to enemies in the area, and you have an increased critical strike chance against them.

Venthyr - Flayed Shot

Fire a shot at your enemy, causing them to bleed Shadow damage over a period of time. Each time Flayed Shot deals damage, you have a chance to gain Flayer’s Mark, causing your next Kill Shot to be usable on any target, regardless of their current health.

Necrolords - Death Chakram

Throw a deadly chakram at your current target which will rapidly deal additional Shadow damage.

Each time the chakram damages a different target, its damage is increased, and you generate additional Focus.

Night Fae - Work in progress

1 Like

Here my feedback for me :

Pretty good for M+ and PvE in general, i like that for PvE

NO RNG PLEASE , NO ! Any gameplay " you have a chance" is not a gameplay !
For me " you have a chance" mean that you may use the ability and will never happen!

NO RNG SPELL, JUST NO

How to fix it :
1 - Fire a shot at your enemy, causing them to bleed Shadow damage over a period of time. Each time Flayed Shot deals damage, YOU GAIN Flayer’s Mark, causing your next Kill Shot to be usable on any target, regardless of their current health.

If not possible, then :
2 - AN another new ability for PvP situation.

Actually i’m for option two but i accept option 1.

BUT NO RNG GAMEPLAY PLEASE, THERE’S NO FUN IN IT

The first line seems good, it feel like a dangerous fast dot, i kinda like that.

but the second part of “Each time the chakram damages a different target, its damage is increased, and you generate additional Focus.” feel like it’s kinda hard in single target to apply that situation.
I’m 50/50 with the second part of the spell.

Well nothing to say here yet :smile:

I really wanted to go Necrolords, but it looks like the worst ability. Flayed shot depends on the cooldown and proc rate, but looks good for some burst. I like the resonate arrow the most to get that LOS kill in PVP, but Kyrian don’t appeal to me at all.
Gonna level 3 more hunter alts to get all the abilities, so I can switch char depending on the best ability at that time I guess.
For now, it looks like I’m going Venthyr. The “blink” looks like a fun mechanic aswell.

1 Like

1)I dont think resonating arrow will be useful in any pvp situation. Even in arenas, it will probably be a round area like flare or binding shot, which you will have to cast it at the corner of a pillar. Meaning your enemy can just sidestep a little bit while you are casting and they are LOSing you again.

I understand that blizzard wants to make a skill-shot for the skillcap to be higher, but this just wont work. It has to be a single target that makes the target unable to LOS you for X seconds.

2)I like flayed shot because it reminds me of black arrow and I hope its not magic (shadow is magic tho T_T) so it cant be dispelled. However I dont like the RNG aspect of it. Maybe unlink flayed shot with kill shot, instead, each time it deals damage we can flayer’s mark and each flayer’s mark might reducec enemy armor by X%. Or something.

3)Death Chakram might be good for aoe and not single target. I dont really know.

4)??

5)Profit.

1 Like

Wanted venthyr since start and now it gets the best abilitys also!! :laughing:
Random killshots is what i always wanted!
the teleport thing looks nice too.

Now i want the killshot cd to be reset by proc and we gold

1 Like

Venthyr was my to go too. but there’ 1 thing i disagree.

That not what you really wanted, that we really wanted is you can cast killshot anytime, not setted up by RNG.

No one like RNG.
Just imagine the hype and fun if the Venthyr spell give the killshot granted at 100% instead of maybe 5% or something like that and that low chance make the spell unviable.

I think being able to cast kill shot above the treshold(It was 20% I believe or 35% at some point?) destroys the point of kill shot, RNG or not. RNG is worse though.

Because if I somehow can cast kill shot at any HP instead of 20% hp, its going to turn into a normal “damage dealing, use it in your rotation” kind of spell that will probably be turned around it.

No, I want it to stay as it is, only below the treshold, big damage to finish my enemies.

Please untie kill shot with the covenant ability and do something else with the covenent ability please.

My opinion of course.

1 Like

That is exactly what i want tho.
Why?
Its not part of maintaining a buff/debuff uptime like barbed shot.
Killshot has always been that ability you SLAM whenever you see it lit up, so having it on proc is a good idea.
The idea you bring will just make it a follow up attack that you press every global after you used the Flayed shot ability, i dont want this.

Im curious to how long the Flayed Shot debuff will be on target, how long the cd will be, the killshot cd and if it resets the killshot cd.

Necrolords just screams M+ covenant, with the other two being situational leaning towards favoring Venthyr.

I’d wait with all the screaming and yelling until beta testing arrives, it’s still alpha and one covenant isn’t even implemented yet for us lmao.

Is it so hard to make it so “every 5:th tick gives you a kill shot proc”? or something idk man

2 Likes

What do you like in the RNG part ?
i mean you are in arena , and when you ask in need for mortal shock without the condition to use it under 20% you pray a god to get the proc and finnally don’t get it?

I agree with Bicmex here :

That is a way too to solve the game from RNG.

We can’t afford RNG in PvP

I would say that it depends on the proc chance and the ability in general.

However, removing the RNG from it means that they have to also remove the part where it affects Kill Shot.

I would assume that it’s going to tick/deal damage every 2.0 seconds(perhaps affected by haste?).

A Kill Shot every 2 sec(during it’s uptime) just won’t happen.

I’m not the designer :wink:

But yeah…

You could make it so you have a 100% chance to get 1 Kill Shot proc with every Flayed Shot(one of it’s damage ticks).
And perhaps also have a small chance of getting even more procs?

Like what they did with Lock & Load for the old RSV when combined with Black Arrow.

Or something like that.

But yeah, we’ll see what happens with that one. I doubt that they consider themselves finished with those abilities as of yet.

i mean Kill shot don’t originally got 10 sec CD in the past ? Reseted when you successfully killed your target ?

It had a 10sec CD yes.

If it failed to kill the target, the CD was reset, to be used once more.
But if that second one also failed to kill the target, you had to wait the 10seconds before being able to use it again.

As i recall, the CD did not reset if the target died.

CD reset but can’t spam it, after the 2Nd one there’s a 6 sec CD according to the MoP version ( i don’t know if it was still applyed in WoD as hidden details)

true , according to

Whats wrong with having random procs in your rotation?

In PvP situation, when there is weakness in ennemy team and you have to use this weakness to kill and win the arena, waiting for a proc ruin everything and every procs you gonna get gonna be useless most of the time.

for me " have a chance " mean = " You will never get it whe you want it, only where it’s completly useless"

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.