Night Elf Male Forward Head Posture Problem

Okay, I understand your point of view, but ALL the other elven races (including Nightborne) do not have this “feature”. Even Zandalari don’t have this! Also, the posture of the head is not consistent to the old model - in the case of old and new female models, head posture is consistent.

2 Likes

I came here with condolences, but Blizzy will not fix things that dont look obvious and/or with enough outcry.
The only model fix we have ever gotten, was the Blood elf male duck lips. Thats it. They got the fix because people complained about it in the US forums with enough people everywhere to spread the word.

Sadly this issue is minor :frowning:

There are many fixes I would like to address on top of yours:

• Female Tauren faces less masculine (example, smaller lower chin), offer them more feminine hairstyles.
  • Gnome hairstyles are extremely low poly and low texture quality.
  • Trolls look way too smooth, Original models they had some form of scales over their bodies. Also their postures are different.
  • Blood elf female faces look way too similar from one another.
  • Female zandalari troll feet look like slippers, what the h*ll are those feet???
  • Female night elf faces look way too mature, like women over their 50s. Original models looked a lot more pleasant to look at.
  • Add uglier female orc faces, they cant bring fear to their enemy looking like Princess Peach from Mario.
  • Female Kul Tiran…By Elune…the worst by far… They look obese compared to their male counterpart. They look way too pretty when the lore are depicted them as fierce and stoic. Id rather make them look like Zarya from Overwatch over the current model >.<
  • The Goblin update: The faces look way too similar from one another and do not look like a conversion from the original models.
3 Likes

Sadly, there are much bigger problems with male night elf model than the neck positioning. From their stupid swaying idle, to comically narrow abdomen that makes their upper torso much smaller than their legs, to obvious difference between the left and right side of the torso, to horrible walk and run animation etc…

Why can’t male night elves be like Malfurion instead of this garbage?

RIP male night elf 2004-2014.

8 Likes

While we’re at it, pretty much everything in male nelves needs to be fixed. They’re hideous from models to animations (and by extension nightborne too). Everytime I see a model using that skeleton I turn my head the other way, it’s painful even for my own eyes.

2 Likes

Thank you for your detailed answer! I agree with your points but I do not agree with the neck posture being a minor issue! In your examples (all valid imho) at least the body parts are where they should be. :yum:
I encourage you to also share the list in a separate forum post. We need to keep posts similar to this one alive as much as possible because only a critical mass of complaints will change things (eg blood elf duck face+initial night elf running animation were changed)
@Uruk @Macumbo Unfortunately you are right :frowning: How I see things happened is that during the crunch time before WoD launch, the artists struggled to finish the classic models but were not able to reach the highest quality possible because of time constraints… so we have work in progress models for about 5 years! :expressionless:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

At the end of the day, blizz can’t make everyone happy but I guess introducing a few extra customizing options for chars will allow the ppl to personalize them more.
Plus all races need an update from time to time, keeps ppl interested and the game up to date.
Imagine using Unreal engine and making wow 2.0 badass. Also allowing ppl the option to select “play the new version of wow / old version of wow”.

Till next time,
Be safe out there, it’s a dangerous world!

1 Like

What pisses me off most is that nelves could be a great race to play but they’re SO ugly. My very first character in vanilla was a nelf druid but I had to quit it because I couldn’t stand the animations, and I still can’t. It’s a mess.

I would gladly listen to someone explaining me and convincing me they’re nice. I want to be convinced. I like them and I would like to play them, but everytime I look at them I think oh hell no, there’s no way on Earth I’m going to tolerate hours of play time with that THING on my screen.

Sorry about the rant, it would be so easy to make them decent. Like many things in wow, they would be so cool if they made them properly. What makes me even angrier it’s that they’re not even NOT capable of doing so, they always come out with awesome 3d models and animations for other npcs, but for some reason nelves are always (and after 15 years I’d say will always be) the ugliest 3d work in all wow. Even GNOLLS look better.

3 Likes

I totally agree :frowning: The Night Elf male models do not feature the same quality as other races. And it’s unacceptable that the 3rd most played race in the game was not fixed since 2014! Where is the renown Blizzard quality?
We need to make ourselves heard. This issue must be fixed! Please keep this forum post alive (and posts similar to this one).
https://www.statista.com/statistics/276315/distribution-of-world-of-warcraft-characters-by-race/

:thinking:

2 Likes

Totally agree. They could use some rework after the goblin and worgen model improvements

2 Likes

Both night elf male and troll male were the last models they worked on. And it really shows because on both the texture quality looks “blurry”. Compare it to draenei male or troll female how the shading is doing much better job at complimeting ther musculature.

With night elf male they indeed have neck extended much and I agree that it should be a little bit pulled back. They also sway in very odd manner.

For troll guy - I’m not sure if people would believe but they hunch even more. The solution should be to lessen this hunch to the point where belts don’t clip.

Both of them need HD textures.

4 Likes

Now that you mention it… the neck does look odd, but I never liked night elves in general; what’s up with those big hands?

2 Likes

You are completely right! :cry: The difference in resolution is outstanding - not to mention the model issues that were previously discussed on this thread: https://i.imgur.com/4pmjVsy.jpg

1 Like

Yep this is what I was talking about. Texture alone can make a massive difference as it can hide plenty of model’s flaws.

Kinda sad when your second half looks so much superior :wink:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/28h1pnk.jpg

2 Likes

Thank you m8 for your support! Let’s try to keep this post alive :sunglasses:. These grievances MUST reach a decision maker from Blizzard in order to fix the WoD models. The evidence that the models are broken is undeniable - and it’s unacceptable to remain in the current state.
Also, I can’t access the link :grin:

1 Like

I kind of see what you mean but the counter it’d say to it is that not everyone stands completely erect where the neck is perpendicular to the floor. I’ve seen plenty of people standing in the real world with their heads bobbed a bit forward placing their neck at similar angles to what you’ve identified.

I understand your pov but, as I said above, only the night elf males look like this - All the other elves stand straight, including the Nightborne. Also, the old models do not feature the same posture: https://i.imgur.com/Ik8hMu2.jpg Do you like this beautiful, normal looking neck posture? :grin:

Edit: You said not everyone stands completely erect - this is absolutely true, but in this case ALL night elf males do not stand so as to have the neck perpendicular to the floor.
I propose to at least add an option similar to the recently added orc back posture.

Edit2: Please take a look as this older mmo champion post which details all the male Night Elf models issues - it is blatantly clear that the models are not finished!
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1578069-New-Night-Elf-male-!-Finally

1 Like

I agree 120%
Also, their feet are just… no. They used to be bigger and more proportional on old (male) models + the heck are those nails, ugh.

3 Likes

You’re very right about all your points, OP.

The change to their models in general made me turn away from them completely. It’s sad, but I really dislike how goofy they look now. :slightly_frowning_face:

The males have all lost their stoic and serious nature, so too have the females.

As for the hair, the colorations need fixing and certain styles need a bit of a touching up, like the fullness of the classic “Long” hair (it’s far too flat in the back now) and and the single & duo braid ones are too casual looking in females, to give some examples.

3 Likes

All character have some postural problem, i mean look at human male race.

Its not proportional at all, there forearms are bigger than their upper arms, calves as big as a elephants and excessive hyperlordosis.

1 Like

That’s smth I haven’t read in a bit

1 Like