Night elf RP and some questions

Hi,

Wanted to know what Kaldorei guilds there are on AD! What’s the situation like? What’s active, where’s the hub, who are the prominent roleplayers? Is there much choice, or is it all very onesided?

I also had some lore questions. How do night elves see monks? What’s their position in society? Are the Celestials regarded highly?

Hope someone can help.

1 Like

Moonlight Embrace is a Nelf/worgen guild that is active around Ashenvale.

I do not know too much about how Kaldorei society views other monks of their kind.

4 Likes

([PCU] Worgen/Night Elf RP - Dirge of Teldrassil 🌳)

The top dogs… (and elves)

I don’t think anyone will be surprised that I’m suggesting these guys, but I know a good few of them already and I can assure you personally that they’re top quality in more aspects than just their roleplay

Join join join JOIN JOIN (seriously though)

5 Likes

I will preface this by saying that I have no lore to cite on the matter, and that I am going solely from my understanding of Kaldorei mentality and the ways of the monks.

Monks are in tune with their own spirit to an enviable level of skill, and I cannot think the Kaldorei would look down upon such inner balance and control. Their power doesn’t harm nature or offend Elune, and can indeed be used for healing if the need arises.

To me, that all points towards a monk being a welcomed sort among their fellow Kaldorei. Though the events of BFA may see them drawn towards more conflict than monks would typically prefer, but that’s down to the individual at the end of the day.

The Celestials are (I think!) so reclusive on Pandaria, that the Kaldorei have yet to interact with them directly as a people in general. In that they are Wild Gods akin to Goldrinn, Malorne and Ursoc however, I can only believe that their status and embodiment of positive qualities is respected - by reputation if nothing else.

As I always do, I’d recommend checking out this thread. It’s kept updated by Mythundis and usually lists all the active night elf guilds / events currently around:

Edit: The August Celestials are Wild Gods and as such revered by the night elves just like Ursoc, Ursol, Malorne etc., though of course they play a minor role, being mainly active in Pandaria. Monks in general don’t really take a “special” role from what I have seen. You’re just an exotic kind of warrior trained by Pandaren.

10 Likes

I’m here just to appreciate your mighty moustache, sir OP

It’s a rare sight

5 Likes

Pst you should be able to link links within Blizzard’s own platforms even without trust level 3

4 Likes

I’d recommend checking out the following personally:

• the Myrmidon
  • Nightblade Sentinels
  • Handmaidens of Elune
  • Hand of Cenarius
  • Moonlight Embrace

Otherwise there’s always the link provided by Arborist to go through and give a look.

19 Likes

and the dirge, of course!

15 Likes

I second the recommendation of Moonlight Embrace! They’re good guys.

I’m not so sure about Kaldorei views on monk traditions and faith, but if I had to guess it would be possibly considered close to druidism in the way that you work with life force (chi). As stated above, with the Celestials being Wild Gods, they’re probably seen as exotic takes on druidism or somesuch.

2 Likes

Wise words

Oh just as another heads up, the Handmaidens have set up a pretty nifty course of events that I’d recommend you check out too if you just want to get a feel for things the community around Kalimdor!

5 Likes

Or you can seek out my awfully lonely toon and form a team of guildless inglorious basterds!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.