OK serious question now. TV size

you cant have 85 inch in 3 meters living room. it will kill your eyes.
whatever the specs of the tv, its SIZE must relate directly to the distance from the screen.
your eyes must not make an effort to see details whether the screen is small or big.

i work hard enough to afford 85 inch and more, but i wont buy it because it doesnt fit the distance.

1 Like

Smaller the better - i prefer max 21"

1 Like

I read somewhere that you should be 2-3 times the size of a TV away from it to watch it, so a 40" tv should be viewed from 80-120" or 7-10 feet away.

1 Like

Ummmm idk inches but I have a 100+cm TV that I sometimes use for playing.

It’s kinda nice, laying in bed, wireless keyboard and mouse, although I’ve found that for serious playing it’s not really that good. Reaction times feel impacted by the relaxation the bed provides.

Depends how close ya sitting. I use to have a 46" TV, kind of usual pc monitor distance away. It use to wreck my head after big gaming sessions.

I did for hook my computer up to my 40 inch Sony lcd television, but for whatever reason regardless of any ui addon I used the ui and font always was far to small to read even at close distances.
I just reverted back to my Samsung 19inch pc monitor.

for wow? you should never game on a TV cause of input lag and ghosting.

use a monitor, whouldent go higher then 27’’ for 1080p, if you can run wow at 1440p then it whould depend on the distance from the monitor.

3 Likes

Playing on 52" - it’s very pretty and comfortable (obv I am at certain distance)

I tried on my 48" TV and it was a rubbish experience. Much better on my 24" PC monitor.

1 Like

A friend of mine was playing i a sponsored LoL team a while back and he told me 32" is the perfect size any bigger and your eyes are travelling to far… but surely it depends how far away you are and your ui

1 Like

I play on 46cm monitor. Think 32 inches is around double that so at the distance that I play it would be very bad. Its all relative

That was true 10 years ago using RGB or AV cables but now with VGA there rarely are either. I use a TV an get neither.

VGA is very old and wont stop input lag or ghosting at all.

the reason a tv has ghosting and input lag is cause of low refresh rate and crappy response time.

televisions most of the time have slower response time then a real gaming monitor wich these days all have 1ms-2ms gtg while most televisions have 15-30ms.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.