Old DD thread

Hello Argent Dawn there’s no event related story here only a direct & emotionally charged plea from a desperate man please join my guild it’s good I swear

(actual thread content coming soon but please somebody join my guild I’m trying my best I’m willing to pay real world actual money for your friendship I only want to be loved just name your price)

2 Likes

I’m gonna toss you a whisper sometime when I catch you online, I’m kinda on the lookout for what you’re dishing out!

1 Like

How do you recruit in the guild, kaity?

1 Like

Bless you both friends!

Honestly I’m always willing to run events for people, be they Dust Devils or not - so whenever I’m online give me a poke, and if I can’t do it that night I’m sure I’ll be able to do it sometime soon! :smiley:

As far as recruitment goes; on reflection it might be better for me to wait until Dragonflight hits and more people hopefully return to the game; that way I can (if luck is on my side!) actually have an active guild to recruit people into! Not that I’m not active (I literally don’t know what to do with my evenings unless I’m DMing for people so I’m always around trying to find/nag/recruit/bribe such people wherever they might be!), but my actual guild roster and associated chat are uh, a bit quiet at the moment :’ )

But I’m too stubborn and or stupid to quit so, here’s hoping!

3 Likes

“Good evening, Mary!”

Hardly believing what she was seeing, never mind hearing, Mary took a panicked sniff of her beverage, before pinching herself in the leg - just to make sure she wasn’t drunk, or found dreaming. With a flinch; she confirmed herself awake; and the liquor smelled as bad as she remembered. Which is to say; cheap, but alas, not poisoned.

“Oh, you’re in no illusion, Mary. I can see you, and I’m talking to you directly-!”

The flickering woman on the screen continued; her lips curled into a warm, yet somehow disturbing smile - as her eyes locked directly onto Mary’s, never once blinking.

“Bloody hell…”

Mary spoke for the first time; hardly the most eloquent words, but the only ones she could muster in this startled state. Turning the portable MOVE-O-VISION device over in her hands (the latest in an increasingly bizarre lineage of goblin technology, capable of broadcasting moving, if grainy and, thus far, black and white images complete with sounds onto little screens by means of radio signals), she busily studied the thing up and down - checking for any sign of fault, even tampering, figuring this had to be some kind of error, or prank?

“No, no mischief here, Mary. Just me and you, having a face to face conversation! As much as is possible, given the distance”.

Horrified, yet - somehow fascinated, Mary turned the screen back to face her; locking eyes with the woman on the screen once more. She opened her mouth as if to speak, but couldn’t manage much more than a stuttered “I-”, before the televised lady interrupted.

“Ah, there you are again. Now, are you sitting comfortably?”

Every instinct in Mary’s body told her to throw the wretched equipment aside; to crush it underfoot; or hurl it into the fire burning gently to her right, making fuel to alight the dark confines of her bedroom. And yet, somehow, she couldn’t help but-

“Good. Then we’ll begin”.

A blood curdling scream echoed through the night.

Evil manifesting inside the very machines on which we rely!

Monsters erupting from the mountains!

And wild reports of buildings floating on the clouds; annihilating everything before them!

What else could these be but the sinister schemes of Azeroth’s all too persistent B-List badguys; and who else better to stop them than the Dust Dust Devils, alongside anyone else mad or unlucky enough to be dragged along for their adventures?!

We’ve recently come to the end of part two of our quest to thwart a villainous attempt to unleash a monstrous beast buried below the earth, with part 3 coming tomorrow - but apparently we never learned to finish one candybar before opening another, because simultaneously comes a plotline of radio devices and television screens across Azeroth LITERALLY rotting the brains of their audience! Not to mention the apocalyptic Light cultists in the Children of the End unleashing their deadliest doomsday machine yet - floating into the skies above us early in November!

Want to come along and help us fight the good fight?! Come find me any time, I’[ll be happy to have you along for the ride!

See you in game AD!

Peace!

3 Likes

Me and my Ashen are happy to help you anytime and we’re looking forward to seeing how everything pans out! Excited to join along this project with you. Even if it’s just for the one event or more further on. <3

1 Like

there’s an event tonight? ohohohoh, must try to come!

DRAGONFLIGHT ON THE HORIZON!

And that can mean only one thing - flight is finally unlocked for all characters in BFA zones, which means a whole new bunch of Dust Devils adventures across Zandalar and beyond!

Who knows what trouble we’ll find there, as the B-list badguys descend upon these far away shores to wreak havoc - but I bet it’ll involve doomsday devices a dozen, and more cackling female forsaken supervillains than there are stars in the night sky!

But before then; Banshee loyalists have discovered a terrible crack in time and space, and an all too familiar fanatical Light cult seeks to end the free world as we know it in the upcoming “Divine Crusade” campaign - from volcanic eruptions to NUKULAR warfare, they’ll stop at nothing to cleanse the world of sinners and bring forth a new world formed in the Light’s image (or, their ideal of it!)

Will the Dust Devils and friends even make it to the Dragon Isles alive, or will the Children of the End finally unleash holy Armageddon upon us?! There’s only one way to find out; for when Dragonflight hits, we’re hoping to open recruitment properly again as we expect at least some people should join, right?!

(r-right? guys? please im trying my best i swear)

But until then; let’s make like our favourite Light themed badguys and sing it all together now-!

(i will not apologise for using trailers from other videogames to advertise my roleplay villains)

2 Likes

Kaitlynn actually ran towards me in real life while I was visiting Nottingham and tried to recruit me to stop irl loyalists.

I’m impressed.

5 Likes

We need to end these-

…Oh come to think of it we aren’t the good guys here

OKAY that does it we’re with the Bad Guys now

1 Like

Bless you gamer, your’e far too kind! Was a pleasure having you ; we’ll have to do it more often!

Dust Devils adventures now in hyper realistic 3D (the adventure continues even when you’re not on World of Warcraft)

That whole post was a rollercoaster of changing morality but please feel free to come beat the badguys (or join them uhhh?!) any time?!

(shameless guild promotion from here on in):

Also honestly I’ve discovered the key to shortening down my forum posts by realising I can LITERALLY just post Hearthstone trailers from now until the heat death of the universe and they summarise my guild events pretty much perfectly anyhow!!

So without further a do, yes; if you’re a new reader of this thread and are wondering what Dust Devils adventures are like/all about?!

Well, it’s this.

It’s exactly this:

Could we be the finest Hearthstone guild on argent dawn…?

4 Likes

Can confirm this happened I was there and I too was solicited for adventure

Thankfully I passed my Willpower check.

Best events! As Always!
I should’ve had a photo to post but i copyed a brunch of “AAAAA” that i used since My character was throwed down a Cliff like the :penguin: in super Mario 64 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Join the guilds and events!!!

Big news roleplay fans!

As of today’s patch, you can OFFICIALLY win yourself authentic branded Dust Devils™ merchandise in game, as a reward for besting the elemental invasions! That’s right folks, we’ve been noticed by the game devs, and they’ve plastered our name across an entire Tmog in tribute!

Here’s a few sample pieces of our range, from a helmet that’s sure to turn heads

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dust_Devil_Mask

To leggings you can wear to the club; what better way to say “Hello boys” than to have Kaitylinn’s face plastered across your backside?!

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dust_Devil_Leggings

I’d like to thank Blizzard for the recognition and for making the Dust Devils the first EVER roleplaying guild to have items you can wear on your character while you roleplay- don’t delay, get yourself the look everyone is talking about, from Blizzard’s favourite guild!

20 Likes

If I don’t see you in any of your merch Kait I’ll be feeling scammed.

1 Like

Another Formidable Event by the Best RP event host Kaitylinn!

2 Likes

I already bought the merch :sunglasses: now you, too, can show your appreciation for your favorite band

2 Likes

I saw Kaitlynn in game and her character description was “dummy thicc”.

That is all you need to know to get in on the action at the soonest opportunity and the greatest endorsement one can give.

2 Likes

Wow, first endorsement from Blizzard, now from the face and smoothly polished head of Argent roleplay - what more can you ask for?!

She just has a big well rounded personality is all

Some say it’s her defining character trait

…Also on a side note, after last weeks adventures spent navigating a village of flesh puppets controlled by a seething insectoid hive mind; tonight sees the return of not one, but two severely underused villains from the Dust Devils universe; as well as a return home for Kaitylinn, as those country roads finally take her and the gang back to Westfall!

But is all as it seems; or is there something stranger going on behind the scenes?! There’s only one way to find out - see you on the server gamers!

Want to reach your deathbed without regrets? Want to be able to say you took that holiday, aced that dream career, won that prestigious award - all without the effort of working your way to the top?

With Memory Lane, you can; all the boasting rights of having been there, without ever having to leave your home. This Winter’s Veil, don’t give your loved ones the temporary excitement of experience - give them the permanent joy of memory.

Memory Lane; take a walk through the past you always wanted…

side effects include wetmouth, plaid blood, frozen day rate, herniated monsterism, taint misbehaving, crainial screamage, global colostomy face, wrongbody, restless lung syndrom and pink eye. Do not wake the sleeping yellow dragon. Memory Lane is a subsidiary of Azero Dex Incorporated who are not liable for any instances of spontaneous combustion that may occur

3 Likes