Old locked account and customer support

So last friday my friend talked about getting into WoW again and we wanted to buy some game time. When i wanted to buy game time i noticed my account was locked and unable to add game time (i always though locked meant no access to game due to no subscription so never payed any attention to that). I havent played wow since 2010, and used my battle.net all the time for sc2, d3, hearthstone, overwatch etc and always had account access (used a unique password for both email and blizzard account). But recently also added the authenticator so i know my account is secure. I coulnd’t find any old emails with a reason why my account is locked. So i opened a ticket, but it has been more than 48 hours and still no response. So i am sitting here i want to spend some money to buy game time, and if we enjoy it mabye bfa who knows but now i cant even get a response. Can i still get my account unlocked or i am permabanned? I am defenitely not going to buy game time or invest in a complete new account due to lack of customer service.

1 Like

Accounts can be locked if the wrong credentials are input several times in a row, which may or may not have been you. It can also be locked if the account is accessed from an unusual location (though rarely if you have the authenticator which you do.)

Try changing your battle.net password to see if that unlocks it.

/edit Sigh … if Shammoz’s suggestion doesn’t work try what’s below. (Longer answers take longer to type :p)
Tickets are taking longer to be answered at the moment for the obvious reason of the pandemic, illness and different ways of working and the less obvious reason that people are opening tickets for really stupid stuff that’s nothing to do with Customer Support.
Yours obviously isn’t stupid, so keep the ticket open and don’t abandon and open another as that’ll put you at the back of the queue again. Make sure it contains absolutely all the information they’ll need but keep it brief and to the point.

I changed my password today to a new generated password by my password manager, just to be sure. Unfortunately it did not unlock my account.

Well the only other reason I am aware of account locks in this situation would have been a past failed payment or chargeback on the account. For privacy reasons Blizzard cannot discuss such here on the forums, so your ticket is definitely the right way forward. Take some time to look at your ticket and make sure you have all possible information in it and a representative will take a look. There is a bit of a wait time at the moment, but as it is preventing you logging in to play, hopefully they will get to you sooner rather than later.

If you use WoW.exe to log in what is the exact message you get? Accounts get locked for many reasons, some can be permanent.

It says my account has been permanently disabled for more info contact support. Thats a bummer. I would think they would atleast have sent an email with a reason for a permaban i guess. I looked back my email for terms like suspended and locked nothing. I checked all blizzards emails and found emails from merging wow/battle.net account in 2009 and even a confirmation about paid server transfer in 2010 (which i did to play with colleagues at that time). But not an single email about my wow account being permanently locked. Just some emails in 2013 that my blizzard account was locked which i obviously had recovered a long time ago together with changing passwords.

They would have. Did you check your spam folders too? Sounds like someone did something really bad on your account. If it wasn’t you then you may have been hacked in the past.

In the past (they don’t now), they would also permanently disable an account for executing a chargeback, instead of going through the proper refund process.

Then somebody must have hacked me back then or i had somekind of malware on my PC (i was 15 back then, i didn’t have a creditcard and always paid with prepaid game cards so a charge back is impossible). Still no response from support for more than 3 days :pensive:. I wouldnt even mind starting a new account but the lack of support is making me really reluctant right now. Alot of fond memories with my old characters.

I can only requote what I said further up the thread. There are exceptional circumstances as to why tickets are taking so long. You will get an answer but I’m afraid you’ll need to be patient.

Hi there! Same here i wanted to go back to the hole of despair that is wow (mods, jk) on saturday and i got the message that the account is temporarily disabled.i havent logged in since september 2019.

I created a authenticator link, changed password, tried everything and nothing. Sent a ticket and its been 4 days and no reply.

I created a starter acc so i can overcome the addiction for the time being, and i got all the account wide mounts and pets and achievements from the main acc in the starter too.

Anyone knows if they can be reached via chat? I check at all times and its unavailable (i understand tho)

1 Like

I haven’t seen it available since the start of the pandemic. I’m guessing all available GMs are on tickets at the moment.

Just wading in here with an apology for those ticket wait times. Our support team is working as hard as they can to get the wait times down and I do hope the OP got their issue sorted. :slight_smile:

Account locks are not always the end of the world and if you are coming back after a long absence, there might not be a malicious reason why the account is locked. So if you are reading this thread and have a locked game account, simply make a ticket and our support team can check it out. :+1:

I got a response and my account has been unlocked no questions asked. Thanks all.

3 Likes