Operation mechagon was great

So last week i did operation mechagon and it was the most satisfyingly fun dungeon experience I’ve had since way back in TBC. The account below is so shockingly wholesome you’ll want to open a bakery to see the customers smiling faces.

Our tank was helpful and patient, fully prepared too explain the strategy to this first time newbies. When we wiped nobody got toxic or left, even when our other Mage pulled a boss after mistaking it for trash we just laughed.

So we had a good time, laughing off wipes but honestly learning what to do and how to win. We battled our way into the city full of confidence but we were often shown the price of overconfidence with a few wipes because of silly mistakes.

Still we persevered on good spirits with nobody leaving or getting annoyed at each other

But then we got to King Mechagon…

I thought for sure this was it when we kept on dying. So much more than other bosses too.

I thought we would call it and just leave but we didn’t, sure we got a little demoralised and it was one o’clock in the morning but we had all spent a good couple of hours getting to this point so giving up just didn’t feel right.

We took a short break of course, went afk to get away from the screen for five minutes and just cool off and doing what we needed to do too regain some focus.

Then we went back in and wiped two more times…

But we didn’t get mad or toxic. We just tried again until we had the mechanics down. Even the other Mage, who didn’t do dungeons if he could help it apparently, was alive for the second phase which was an achievement in itself.

And we finally beat him. That last ten seconds of combat when it’s just King Mechagon, no mech or flying machine, was just so sweet and satisfying. I swear i haven’t been that buzzed playing WoW in years. We had been beaten time and again but just kept on going and we succeeded.

I know this was random and a little corny but i wish more players were like this wonderful group i ended up with. Shrugging off a wipe feels much better than getting angry at the other players. I also had never met any of these guys before, it was a totally random group on Group Finder which made the fact that got along so well much sweeter, we just clicked. I hope others get this level of satisfaction from group content too

Thanks for reading

31 Likes

I cannot think how much gold you guys lost in that run for repairing :grin:

Nice that you enjoyed yourself op!

That is the nice thing about mega dungeons that are mythic only. It makes the players work together to overcome the challenge

you know why it’s such a great dungeon in comparison?

Because it’s a hard one that isn’t difficult because of excessive trash mobs, affixes or a damn timer on top of your interface that gets on your nerves and makes people quit the moment you get a wipe or two.

It’s a dungeon that you take it slow and steady. That you can learn with others and get better at it. That requires mechanics to be followed and people to cooperate.

Unlike mythic+ which some people might love, but i consider to be artificial difficulty and garbage overall. It’s what mythic+ should have been. or basically what mythic dungeons should have been when there wasn’t a mythic+ in this game. But nowadays, mythic is basically normal+ in terms of difficulty, and mythic+ is the combination of loot RNG, affix RNG and a timer that ruins it.

5 Likes

I’m very glad to hear it OP. Reminds me of my first mecha run, and since I’ve always welcomed “new” mecha players into my weekly runs to help them learn and experience this dungeon as it is so fun!

If you like the attitude you got there, non toxic, relaxed, try and try again. Might I recommend you give the Scared of Dungeons community a look? I’ve only been in it around a week but it’s a community set up for mythic+ precisely for players who don’t want the toxic gogogo in their mythic runs and won’t rage if there’s a wipe or key timeout, and rio demands are nowhere to be seen.

Being in the community doesn’t necessitate spamming mythic, but it gives you a means to find players if you do need a group for a dungeon etc. And prefer things to stay positive! It’s how I managed to finally get my first mythic 10 run under my belt despite being unexperienced with beguiling and failing the key timer, giving much needed experience for future runs!

4 Likes

it also makes majority of players unable to see it thus making it meanigless.

and by the time they release it in hc nobody will care becuase it will be outdated content.

2 Likes

We failed the timer but not even by that much, that emissary of the tides r*ped us really badly xD

Yeah that one before sporecaller with the totems if I recall and buggy interutos not going through on totems. Argh.

Haha those were no buggy interrupts, that was an emissary of the tides and he just makes it so you cant interrupt other stuff until he’s dead, in hindsight we shouldve cc’ed it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They should have released heroic too so all players can try it, by the time it comes out on hc, the gear even from mythic will be worthless.

I didn’t realise they stopped interrupts as well. Okay now I see why they’re potentially nasty depending on the pack. Burning them down probably only advisable on packs without “Interupt this or u die” abilities.

I mean its great and all that you get all this new content that requires you play dailies to grind rep to save the people of Mechagon then you lock the Dungeon to Mythic only, locking off content to good portion of the player base.

This logic makes no sense, No doubt need to wait till the HC eventually turns up but still locking off content to a portion of players makes no sense to me.

1 Like

Thanks for the link Jinjo, I’ll absolutely give this a look!

3 Likes

Seriously try it, perfect community to do this sort of thing. Hopefully see you there!

1 Like

Lol, I have a nice story. Decided I need to get the last boss’ essence on my dh.

Mind you, I did mechagon on this mage the 2nd or 3rd day it came out, it was with a guild group and the guy on discord had such a soothing voice and the run was so smooth I somehow didn’t remember any of it.
I knew about the room with the blades, but not the bosses there, I knew about the jumping over electricity and I remembered the dog boss with crates.
Other than that I forgot everything.

So yesterday I apply to a mechagon run, says guild group in lfg, they’re all purple scored in Rio and they take me, cuz purple score here too!
Being pretty clueless on the mechanics of most fights I decided I’ll just avoid stuff and go where the tank goes, but not if the other two dps are visibly trying to avoid going where the tank goes. Worked okay, died two times I think.
So just before last boss I ask how many bosses to go, they say we’re coming up to the last and I suddenly realize I outed myself.
So, I just told the story from my first run and that I was scared to be kicked if they noticed I’m clueless on some parts. They laughed and said they did notice, but seeing nothing bad came out of it, it’s np.

I think I need to try hardmode, cuz on normal bosses just roll over and die with the gear available now.

Has nothing to do with it being mythic only. You can have a nice experience in ANY version and a bad one in ANY version.

The fact that it IS mythic only is unacceptable.

1 Like

Tides makes them immune to everything, cc, slows, interrupts, stuns ect

Mechagon is great as a whole. It even has gnomes that aren’t lame. If they were playable they might actually manage to claw it past the joke race.

Gold lost or fun gained? I know which I would prefer :slight_smile: Nice to hear a good news story and reminds me how groups used to be…most of the time.

I disagree. Mechagon on normal or even heroic would be nothing more than one shotting everything, looting, leaving. There would be no stories like the op told if averyone already knew the mechanics and was just clearing a dungeon like all other dungeons in the game. There is a reason why very few have such stories or good memories about their first Motherlode Mythic clear and that’s because they had already done that dungeon before. It’s just more of the norm at that point.

3 Likes