[Pandaria][Event] Cloud Serpent Racing 🐉 - 25.09.22

Date and Time

Date: 25. September 2022
Time: From 19:00 realm time (participants, please try to show up early!)
Faction: Neutral

Rules

Cloud Serpent Racing Rules

For the sake of keeping up, but more importantly to eliminate any class/azerite armor advantages, we’ve decided to go with a roll-based ruleset! We’re thrilled to learn how it will be received on the day of the event.

Turn-based Racing:

There will be a set number of checkpoints. Racers will be informed in advance in order to be given the opportunity to prepare adequately!
(also for narrative purposes!)

Each contestant and their cloud serpent begin in a line and wait for the starting fireworks!

(Simple 100 rolls.

• Those who roll a 1 stay/fumble/caught a bad wind – or maybe they simply took an embarrassingly wrong turn!
  • Those who roll below 40 advance by 1 checkpoint
  • Those who roll above 40 advance by 2 checkpoints
  • Highest 3 rolls advance by 3 checkpoints
  • Natural 100 rolls advance by 4(!) checkpoints! Maybe they caught a good wind? Maybe they’re just that good!
  • In the event that 2 or more reach the finish line, they will roll to determine who was faster (an equally high roll means neither were faster than the other!)

Remember that mounted races factor in a serpent rider’s and the cloud serpent’s moods, shape, fatigue, focus and bond respectively! By this standard even the best racer may wind up second, third, fourth or even disqualified! (disclaimer: disqualifications occur through player choice only!))

The first three to reach the finish line are declared winners!

Harming other racers or their cloud serpents is strictly forbidden!
Mistreating your racing partner will result in disqualification!

Current Participants

Cloud Serpent Riders

• Liao of Krasarang :panda_face: & :dragon: Fen
  • Jun Winterheart ((Junfei)) :panda_face: & :dragon: Lingzhi
  • Pol Jon-Zu :panda_face: & :dragon: Sheng
  • Tian Mu Cloudstrike ((Tiånmu)) :panda_face: & :dragon: Tengfei
  • Yun Skyclaw ((Autumnsky)) :panda_face: & :dragon: Julong

Alliance: Xiuyun; Horde: Madamyun, Accuracy

6 Likes

We are also open to merchant stalls on site!

Please remember that your cloud serpent is also a character. If your character cannot raise their own cloud serpent with love, they have no place in these races!

I’d love to join this ^^

IC Name: Tian Mu Cloudstrike
Cloud Serpent: Tengfei

1 Like

I’m gutted to be sady working that night. However, I highly recommend that folk partake, Pandaren and non-Pandaren alike.

We’re but a few weeks away from the race, but there is only one team contending at the moment. This will be the first since the 2(-and-a-half)-year hiatus!

If there are any cloud serpent riders out there - now’s your chance to shine! :dragon:

We are but two weeks away from racing!

That being said, we also have only one cloud serpent rider signed up for it as of me writing this. Should interest remain stagnant or decline, there will always be a well-attended event in proximity of this one: [Pandaren RP] The 4th Celestial Tournament 10/06 - 13/06

A wild deadline has appeared!

Sign-ups are open until the 9th! Should the event fail to garner sufficient further interest, the 4th Celestial Tournament is taking place on the nearby temple grounds!

It’s possible that we’ll try to organize another race for September! This, however, entirely depends on how likely it is to find any more cloud serpent riders on a hypothetical level at this stage.

Sign me up! Yun Skyclaw and Julong let’s gooooo!

1 Like

Push :dragon_face:

We currently have an entire two racers and their cloud serpent companions signed up!

If we can make it 3-4 more, we might just return this event to its former glory!

Here’s a random fun-fact: Despite its turn-based nature, a cloud serpent race in itself can happen within the span of 45-90 minutes. (or less!) 42 checkpoints sound like a lot, but thanks to our system they’re cleared in a flash! :zap:

I will not count out the last two days of sign-up, worry not! But:

Were we to move the race to a more usual date such as September, would there be a greater interest for it? We currently have two sign-ups whereas past races have always enjoyed an attendance of at least 6 riders, so unless we see a few more sign-ups (could still happen!), we cannot in good confidence host a race event consisting of only two racers as this will also affect the aesthetic and drama of the event, which are both a great part of it.

I apologize for not being overly optimistic three days ahead, but this isn’t the first cloud serpent race in the pandaren community and we’d hate to disappoint (and waste the time of) any spectators turning up for it.

If it was moved i’d certainly still join then. For Pandaria!

1 Like

If its moved, I should still be able to take part as well ^^

1 Like

A late entry to the tournament but if you’ll have me then sign me up for it!

Character : Jun Winterheart

Greetings! :panda_face:

The race is officially being moved to September! Though the exact date is still under debate. Expect early or mid-September. We’ll work our fastest to agree to a date so we can actually give sign-ups time to breathe :grin:

To the three racers who’ve already signed up: We’ll be in touch soon!

I was just this moment coming to check this from AD archives so that was good timing. :smile:
I couldn’t go to it tomorrow but really want to go to the cloud serpent races, maybe even partake in the race again. I will defo try and keep my eyes open for updates for September for sure. :panda_face:

1 Like

Good news, everyone! :raised_hands:

The race has successfully been rescheduled to the 25th of September!

Of those who have previously signed up, I will require confirmation or cancellation! The racers who have forgotten to sign up their cloud serpent by name will have to amend that mistake, too!

Historically, Fall has always been good on cloud serpent races! Let’s hope this hasn’t changed 3 years after the previous race :grin:

2 Likes

I should still be able to join, if that changes closer to I shall let you know ^^

Maybe Kuwei will raise a cloud serpent in time for the race :smirk:

1 Like

No! Bad! Bad!

1 Like

With the new date in place, I can attend!