PCU Discussion, Questions and Views

This whole thread is weird af. There are walls of text that contain absolutely nothing lol. Also, the moment your yell got exposed OP, you should just remove the thread, go to sleep and rethink your actions

13 Likes

Hence I myself, as one of the co-hosts of this event had played a Justicar of the High Command earlier to come and relay orders to the forces which were to put down a potential riot ahead, with information given to the Justicar from intelligence.

Your yell message earlier was quite insulting as well for an event made with good faith, effort and honesty. I believe all the communication, stress, arrangements and discussions about the event can speak for it, including these pamphlets made for it, if you didn’t check.

Please reconsider your words when you talk about an RP community which includes around two hundred people who wish to have fun on a game in their free time.
If this is lorebreaking then I recommend you to look at the dislike for armstice among Night Elves, Gilneans and NPC quotes, as well as Scarlet Brotherhood Pamphlets and the Defias’ long ungoing offence against crown, with them still kinda existing in Legion.

17 Likes

Sorry, what?

I think the OP should just stop responding to this thread and send the harassing whispers towards them to perroy se he can deal with it. :+1:

11 Likes

Where’s the difficulty in not engaging with people you dislike…you literaly can cast the ultimate weapon /ignore and then unignore yellers, lollers, weird people. Where’s that difficulty in. Can we argue about how Jaina and Calia can have high heels and male elves cant?

1 Like

Heres the thread just so you don’t miss it Koltrani.
Feel free to read up and find perroys discord if you got any proof of PCU people being extremely toxic towards you

7 Likes

next thread: top 10 reasons why PCU is bad! adds a renarded thumbnail with my mouth wide open + some emojis

I don’t get why people are all up in their business.

They’re a community, people join them willingly, and this community creates a lot of roleplay. I’m not a member, I have no guild but my own one-man-guild, and I feel like I could easily just join their roleplay if I ever came across it, like I did tonight.

I don’t see how this community has to change anything to their ways to please anyone unwilling to be part of it. If you like one of their member guilds, join it, participate. If you don’t, don’t, keep to the roleplay you like!

I think this community enables roleplay that would otherwise never be possible, or too hard to organize as one guild.
I think this community gathers roleplayers who really enjoy certain standards to their roleplay, and assures that quality for its members -and- everyone roleplaying with them.

I’m not saying you have to like them, ofcourse, or that you can’t be sceptical. But these constant public debates seem to all be ways to tell a community how to act, how they should organize things, how they should behave, …

Aren’t people better off trying to build their own community then? If you create a community that you feel is better, I’m sure people will join it, and then you can organize roleplay your way.

(Not trying to attack the OP here though, just aiming in the general direction of these PCU threads)

24 Likes

Number eight. Undercity foot lettuce

4 Likes

if you swing by NPCs… well, everywhere, you very readily learn that the only people who are super duper into this peace are the leader characters. Just listen in on the 7th legion troops around Boralus, for one example.

end of the day it was like 200 people in a city of, if i had to guess, numerous thousands. Yeah maybe an Anduin appearance would’ve been kino but if we never ever do anything that would involve a big hat lore character then we’d never do any big campaigns at all.

thankfully the 8.2.5 patch loyalist side made it instead very evident that this was 500% canon-abiding.

2 Likes

The issue of accessibility is an odd one, as it’s not unique to PCU to do guilded RP, or to be in a community of RPers who only event for the community (Azeroth at War is an example). The concerns about open events are really more, to me, tied to whether people want to create those events, and to me the best way to make sure they keep happening is to not go out of ones way to give the event host a headache by, say, picking apart the event, harassing or griefing it or trying to turn people against it because it come from us. Not saying YOU specifically do or don’t do this, but it is what happens.

There are public events coming out of PCU. If it’s on this forum, it’s open. If they get good response, they might repeat and other members of PCU will be curious about doing their own, too. I see absolutely no desire in that discord, or amongst the officers, to bubble away. The only grievance is when RP efforts are treated as cynical control grabs and not the implementation of an RP idea because it has a [PCU] tag.

Look, I’ve said it often, and the truth is I wasn’t as involved or welcomed to as much RP as I was when I finally decided to see past the rumouring and hate-mongering and attend a PCU event.

As for the issues of lore. I’m not with you there, at all. We sometimes have to suspend things a little to create interesting RP opportunities and stories. Yes, if this riot was written by Blizzard we might have had some irritating cutscene bit with Anduin looking sad about it, but that doesn’t mean the event or ideas are bad in and of themselves because they can’t provide that. That some disparate and angry people might talk, shout and then insight a riot is quite reasonable to me, and above all, is exciting RP in many different ways. As a rioter, as a guard, as a civilian caught in the crush, as a medic, as a concerned supporter of the crown, as an embittered war veteran. What does witnessing that riot mean to your character? What did it make them think? Feel? How involved did they become? How much did they avoid, or not even see? What stories might they try and seek out from others? What gossip will there be?

Frankly, I’m forever amazed that people seem so unwilling to see events that are about a sudden unexpected occurence as a huge RP grab bag. If there was an IC riot in Orgrimmar, I’d be there having a whale of a time, because it’s something really raw and unplanned to sink my character’s teeth into; to explore them with.

15 Likes

Yeah this got way too crazy way too quick, I apologised for my annoyed yell in game, made the post in hopes of civil talk/discussion. I see that’s not possible, I’ll be deleting the thread and looking into sending the screenshots to Perroy, etc.

To reiterate, no more replies from me, will delete the thread when I sort out screenshot stuff and all that. Even though Perroy seems upset at me (Rightfully from them seeing my annoyed yell, again, fair and I apologise, I’ve since read up and tried to be more civil on the matter, failing.)

But do thank those who did keep things civil, answer my queries and concerns and had some minor discussion. I’m just sad things get this heated so quick at any mention of PCU, no matter what ‘side’ you may be on.

I’ve on good authority that Watchmojo are actually making their next video on us.

1 Like

Well, I suppose if ever there was a thread to air my grievences, then this would be it. This is finally where typing this is on-topic.

For me, OOC, I’ve found that most of the PCU members are pleasant enough. If there are bad apples, then I’ve had the fortune not to encounter them, and assuming the worst doesn’t really feel appropriate. IC, my interactions have been limited, but at the same time, my views have been somewhat mixed.

During casual RP, there’s not been much that I can fault. It’s been pleasant enough, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen of Hand of Conquest on my vulperas, and I’ve enjoyed interacting with City Sentry. I did have something of a negative experience with League of Modimus, however that is entirely on me for operating under the misguided belief that everyone in that guild is an OOC bigot - which is to say I logged off the moment I was approached, which I think I’ve stated before and it’s not really my brightest moment - but hey, transparency.

Where I’ve taken more issue is generally with how the PCU handle events and zones. While everyone is obviously entitled to the use of any zone within WoW - nobody owns any zone and if they claim to it is just bad roleplay - I can’t say that I’m eager with how much the /y function is used. Now the PCU aren’t the only group that make use of using /y during events, gatherings, and roleplay, but it can be very offputting to see sudden waves of red flooding the chat when you’re just trying to roleplay within the same area. While I agree that it can bring interest to roleplay by making people aware, the amount of which is present can be just as much of a turn off. I had people in my DMs mentioning their dissatisfaction with this, as well as the general lag in Stormwind tonight from the riot roleplay that happened, though server stability is something we should hold Blizzard accountable for and not the people on those servers.

But does overindulgence of yells in a public space make them the bane of everyone on Argent Dawn? Honestly I used to think it did, but having that mindset is melodramatic. It’s an inconvenience at worst, and one you can remedy by disabling yells in your chat or considering moving to another zone. Overall, the PCU are roleplayers like the vast majority of people on Argent Dawn, and to act as if there’s some absurdist agenda going on (which again, I unfortunately did used to believe) is just a tad silly.

4 Likes

Exactly this

Like bro if you have some good ideas on how to run a community - and think you can do a better job go and grab that guild charter and get going

Good luck and all the best unironically but let me clarify that I have at no point asked

Yeah it did instead. That was literally one of the loyalist quests at the end of 8.25 -killing dissidents

I’m sorry we didn’t properly line up with your headcanon but we have no duty to do that at all

Why do you think a small protest by a rabble of near-powerless factions and random peasants would have a person response from Anduin? Please stop playing Total War with major NPCs and making calls on what would happen to be honest

We roleplayed (and organised) for pro-Anduin groups and guards to come and bust the riot in basically under a handful of hours

100% this. Why are people unable to just ignore people they don’t like? When we see someone with “I don’t want to RP with the PCU” we simply don’t RP with them (though weirdly enough during this riot the usual suspects with that selfsame TRP accidentally began roleplaying in the event - which is perhaps counterproductive for them)

Yeah and maybe you should focus on Koltrani since it seems like Koltrani has some work to do also (ie. maybe not yelling OOC abuse at people for roleplaying next to you) before moving on to the hot advise for the PCU

12 Likes

I know my last post said it’d be the last post, but wanna thank you directly in a reply for directing me to the proper thread with the details I need, so thanks!

Pretty weak argument. For all I am concerned, everything that is plausible (=not possible) within the boundaries of the lore goes, really. Blizzard’s lore is paper thin at some places, especially the lore about the daily life of the people in towns and cities.

And PCU is just a RP forum as far as I know. I don’t really get how people can -hate- something that is basically just a couple of guilds working together to provide RP for the realm…

People tend to defend something they’re apart of, since as I said, people who aren’t involved in wow-politics get harassed when in the PCU sadly. I just hope really drop the PCU hate thing at some point and just accept that we’re all here to have fun and create a fun roleplaying environment

9 Likes

why on earth did you make this thread, saying you did your research, when you haven’t even read the main PCU one about the community itself

This is getting a bit silly tbh

As has been said in this thread, there was actually a relatively strict rule on how many yells PCU members were meant to do (1 in 15 minutes i believe) at max. Sadly, we can not control beyond that (legally).

yeah that’s unfortunate i agree but it’s also something that, as you said, isn’t really right to blame on us.

Big RP events are a cool thing and blizzard’s servers not being able to handle people just existing in the same place is a shortcoming on their end rather than a mis-step on ours.

3 Likes