Per-patch progression in Wrath?

and I’d much rather have the bad guys never been born than have to assemble a group to kill them. But it’s a game.

Not sure what this unhinged reply of yours even means. I was simply illustrating how dual spec already makes the concept of hybrid specs obsolete by itself

If good focused specs would not have been born, and instead you had 2 hybrids or semihybrids, the game would be a bit harder but would still be playable.

You’re always free to go play, I dunno, Vanilla - where hybrid specs are more viable

but vanilla doesn’t progress to wrath and cataclysm

Then accept Wrath for what it is or don’t play it, I guess? I mean, the fact that you think starting with 3.3.5 would be super-weird because you’d miss out your beloved hybrid specs, especially when you consider dual spec would make them pointless anyway, is even weirder.

Does belong in WoTLK though.

What hybrid specs were there in WoTLK anyway, aside from Shadowfrost dk?

And who asked you to tell me what to do?

Also, if it’s based on 3.3.5a, then it means we’re going to have Wintergrasp at prepatch?

but if this has to stay Classic, then it can’t simply follow the same path as retail did. They’ll have to either release the content with different systems, release brand-new content, or go seasonal and museum.

To me, it would be best if they based it on patch 3.1 with open-world non-queue Wintergrasp and class quests required and did the forking upon Icecrown Citadel launch. It’d fork into Classic+ and Timewalking realms. Timewalking would immediately get all the QoLs from retail such as group size scaling or open tapping, annd Classic+ would get Icecrown Citadel and Ruby Sanctum without Dungeon Finder and then start getting brand-new content that classicifies it further for example by not having daily quests, having 40-man raids, getting separate questing zones for each faction, and not catapandarifying stats to absurd levels that require a squish.

You’re misinterpretting what “Classic” means.

WoTLK Classic means WoTLK as it was, not WoTLK in the style of Classic Vanilla.

1 Like

I personally don’t mind, but I’m tired of people who feel like they know or can decide what is or is not Classic. What we do know is what Vanilla, TBC, or WotLK were and what their Classic versions may be. But trying to (or expecting to) see one of these versions modified because they don’t conform to your preconceived idea of what Classic SHOULD be is simply a symptom that maybe you just don’t like that version of the game.

Mind you, this isn’t to say I like everything WotLK changed from TBC. But I also don’t assume that everything I don’t like doesn’t belong in Classic - I just assume it’s stuff I don’t like. Your personal tastes aren’t any more special, despite your attempts to attach the “Classic” label to them.

nope, 4.x allways is relied to cata. prepatch is prepatch.

classic: 1.x
tbc: 2.x
wrath 3.x
cata 4.x

so easy to get. those are technical patchnotes with a stict numeric order

1 Like

I get this easily

We won’t get patch progression for pretty obvious reasons.

We’ll get 3.3.5 content will locked content/feature and maybe some tweak to allow a logical progression.

Anyway WOTLK Classic P1 will be a joke.

What obvious reasons? Since now even UI can be hotfixed, it shouldn’t be a problem.

I mean, you won’t see version numbers like 3.0.2, 3.0.8, etc, but there will be some phases and they might make UI features, tokens, PvP, etc, depend on them.

And if it’s really supposed to be “WotLK as it was then”, then it starting with 3.3.5a systems and UI makes little sense. Unless it’s “WotLK as it is on private servers now”.

I think you have missunderstod classic it was never “as it was then” it have always been “close to but on the last patch where items and talents were as close to balanced as possible” even with vanilla classic and its “no changes” moto we had 1.12.1 for itemization not 1.0.1, tier 2 gear dropped in MC untill around the release of BWL in vanilla (and im not just talking about the pants from rag but from trash mobs) and that would have broken the progression for real in vanilla, other examples, the gear from Kara was outerly horrible in 2.0.1 and it wasnt untill much later it actually became comparable with gear from heroics even.

2 Likes

just that i did a typo there :smiley:

cata 4.x ofc

Since they are porting the old client to the new one it would mean doing this for a lot of version = more work = more bugs = more exploit = imbalance…

Like Vanilla/TBC we’ll get the lastest patch with locked content/feature.

Same for Vanilla & TBC yet they did it this way.

Dude, they just started seasonal Vanilla servers based on 2.5.2 on the same client and realmlist as servers based on 1.13.x.

They have the server-side selective load technology, client version doesn’t mean anything but purely technical stuff like controller support or ray tracing. It’s just the main exe file. They could have as well let you enter Shadowlands with 1.1.3 client if they wanted to.

Per-patch progression Wrath is gonna be so bad, i guess many people never played original Wotlk, it was so broken (esp in pvp). So please Blizzard, do 3.3.5 just like in classic and tbc:classic :sunglasses:

1 Like

They can do a fully-fledged 3.0 start with 3.3.5 classes, as well as with balanced-up numbers of 3.0 classes. They have the technology to do that. Though balancing-up 3.0 classes would be a lot of effort, they can still launch WotLK Classic with 3.3.5a balance and 3.0 UI. In fact. they have the technology to launch a realm with 4.0.1 classes, 3.0 UI, 1.4 content, and spell batching.

In fact, you are now literally playing on Shadowlands client, and all that differs the retail client, the BC Classic client, and the Classic Era client, are the UI files and the installation size.

If not for the installation size, we’d all probably be running 9.1.5.