Pet battles are the most underrated content in the game

yeah i guess. i do have some level 25 pets but i suppose they arent the best. i even tried to get into it and tried to kill all the pet tamers for the achievement but after getting hard stuck in northrend i just gave up because i was utterly frustrated and tbh i havent really touched it ever since.

1 Like

Yeah, that feeling of stuckness sucks. You set yourself the wrong goal.

It’s an easy trap to fall into, and I see it in a lot of new battlers. “I HAVE my team of (three) 25s now; let’s GO! Tear through stuff!” The conceptual error is that there is a “my team”, one team that you can use anywhere. You need a toolbox of pets with a variety of techniques you can apply to specific situations.

You can do almost anything in the pet battling game with 30-50 of the right pets, but Maxmaxmax is exactly right when he says:

That’s the way to progress at that point. Make a list of 5 or 6 pets that will get you past the next hurdle, get them, level them, achieve that short-term goal. Then you will hit something else that needs another specific pet. Get that one. And so on.

If you want to give it a go again, I’m sure I could quickly find and level a set of 25s to get you past a bump.

I have exactly 1 lvl 25 pet, but it’s probably the worst possible one - Elekk Plushie xD

2 Likes

It’s required for some achievements, so it’s actually pretty important to have.

1 Like

yeah i guess, i only have 5 level 25 pets, so there isnt too much variety going on to select from for different encounters.

its just that there are so many pets to choose from i find it rather confusing i suppose as i dont know where to start or what to do or to pick first, really. i assume this is also the reason why i havent continued with it since i hit this wall.

i will most definitely give it a try again, infact i am leveling pets right now. :smile: its just for the every type on level 10 achievement but i hope it ll get me in the mood to give it another go.

1 Like

Check your mail. I sent you the tradeable ones from my suggested list here:

That still leaves you needing

Capturing those, I think, is a manageable goal, and when you have that set, you can take on most battles in the game, though the method may not be in a standard strat.

When you get these pets, TRY TO LEARN THEM ONE AT A TIME. All of them are powerful and useful pets, but getting a bunch all together is quite likely to lead to confusion more than progress if you just uncage them and slot them away.

I have written a brief description of how to use each in my post or in the entry on Xu-Fu’s. Use each in one or two battles accordingto my instructions so you get the basic idea of what each one does.

3 Likes

aww thanks! are you nuts you shouldnt have! :smile:

i just got

and found the leveling process quite enjoyable. so i ll give it another proper try this time. :smile:

guess i have a lot of learnin/readin to do.

1 Like

i’m not so much a battler as a collector currently sitting on 1000+ lol - i enjoy finding the different pets :smiley:

I’m a collector and battler though have let it go a bit so far this expansion. Lack of time, I guess, as there’s so much stuff to do daily/weekly etc. I haven’t caught any wild pets yet in SL. Maybe that should be my next task in any spare time I have (hollow laugh)

I like to collect pets but I’m not at all excited about the battling side of things. I just use this site to look up strategies

I would be perfectly fine if the Pokémon aspect didn’t exist. I’m not saying it should be removed ofc.

1 Like

Pet battles can be quite addictive. The PvE side is very scripted and you can cheese it by looking up guides, if you really just want to get things done quickly.
But if you like a challenge then some fights are really hard actually.
PvP unfortunately isn’t very fun atm and there are some toxic people in that community, who like to abuse OP pets and bragg about it.

There could be pet raids. Imagine an LFG system with a vast range of “pet bosses” where you would Q and partner with 2 more people to 9v1 a pet boss. Holy moly that would be so fun.

never walk in a pet battle without an iron starlette!

I used to see people say this. Forgetting the mechanical difficulties for a moment, I can’t imagine how it could be good or what would be good about it.

First of all, would your teammates even have the right pets with the right breeds, and know how to use them? Or believe they have alternate strats, which don’t mesh with anyone else’s, which they half-remember? Then there would be the sheer length of it. The pet dungeons take maybe half an hour. Two hours of a pet battle, where you are making one move and then waiting 2 minutes (in your example, 8 * 15 sec) before making the next? And then any one mistake can lose the whole long battle?

Pet raids? Include me out, thanks.

Your take on the idea is rather very serious and a bit negative(pessimistic?).

I don’t mean something long like that. Imagine all the bosses in the raids; then make small versions of them and put them to the LFG. There would be no “packs”, just bosses. And you can make it so people can have “choosing phase” for their pets, which can be talked/discussed with others.

This wouldn’t take too much time. And they can adjust the difficulity like normal raids so people wanna have fun can have fun and people that want challange can go for the higher difficulities.

Welcome to the world of pet battles, Iheb!

Sometimes it’s easy to get stuck doing the things we always have and it’s awesome to hear you were willing to check out a new part of the game and having fun with it!

Best of luck with the battles and the growing collection!

3 Likes

Tbh i don’t find them enjoyable. I do have a nintendo switch and an emulator for game boy advance on my pc. So , if i want to play pokemon i will just play pokemon not the weird wow version.

there are Pet dungeons though lol

In your opinion, but you moan about most things so that’s not saying much

Compared to stuff like Warfronts, Island Expeditions, and those 4 weird Covenant mini games in Shadowlands, pet battles indeed have way more potential and should’ve gotten more attention from Blizzard, in my opinion.

1 Like