Pet battles in Gnomeregan

I just stumbled across a quest for Gnomeregan in my log, went in a realized it was a pet battle thing. Wiped multiple times on first boss because my pets aren’t awfully strong, eventually killed it and decided to take a break. Logged off, and logging back on to continue I realized I was set back to start?

Well thanks.

Is this how it is suppose to work? I thought pet battles was one of those things you could casually log on to do, without being bound to be online to finish long lasting events for it to get completed…

Sorry, I just got really bummed. I don’t even know if I have pets to finish every boss, and I am not interested in doing Wowhead reasearch every time beforehand to even bother with 1 boss.

Sorry, just had to rant. I was so into it, until I had to take that break and logged off for a few, just to log in to all progress being reset.

So… if you don’t like it, don’t do it?

Pet dungeons are meant as the end game of pet battles. They can take you quite a lot of time and you will need a lot of strong pets to complete them. I think Gnomeregan the first time around took me around 3 hours to figure out. After you have your teams saved it goes a lot quicker though.

I like it.

What I don’t like, if being reset back to scratch just for being offline for a few minutes. I had defeated the boss and was about to approach the next one. I just needed to go afk for a bit, and decided to log off as I didn’t know how long I was going to be offline. What I did not know, was that logging off would delete my progress and force me to start over if I am to continue. I was totally not expecting that. If I knew, I would never have started when I did.

Pet Battles (Like Gnomregan and Deadmines) are a type of Scenario, which I’m fairly sure all reset if you log off?

Exactly this. Whether it’s the Broken Shore entry scenario, or one of the pet battle dungeons, scenarios reset when you leave or go afk long enough to be logged out.

Also, while there is an introductory run where you can heal while in the dungeon, the real mode is completing the run without healing, and obviously, if you log out, you can heal on another character, so that’s a no-no.

You might like to do the earlier pet dungeons, Wailing Caverns and Deadmines, before you tackle Gnomeregan, by the way. You can pick up the quests for those in the pet shop in New Dala.

For cheat sheets for all the battles, Xu-Fu’s guides provides many strats:

but it is much more satisfying to work your own way through.

Your collection does not include many of the most useful pets for battling. This list may point you to some that would hel you get through the dungeons more easily:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.