Pet peeves: The return (Part 8)

2008 was about Wotlk time right? Or about to be? Still, if she was there even longer, she might be the longest-still-playing-member!

1 Like

Since 2012 you whipper snapper…

1 Like

Yes, I joined in 2.4, just before Wrath prepatch. I was green and naive, and made many rookie mistakes back then. I learned quickly, though.

4 Likes

Around the same time as me! I joined very late 2008/early 2009.

Mine was late cata from The Sha’tar.

Rogue is back to looking like the Laughing Skull she is.

Still annoyed that the mawsworn army, allegedly outnumbering the interstellar burning legion, only ever massed in small numbers and ceased to be a threat after their master’s fall.

Shadowlands was also very inconsistent as to whether they were automatons or particularly cunning.

Further, consider Sylvanas’ mission to free those she damned. Mawsworn wargear is forged from souls broken down and beaten and burned in Torghast’s forges, not even accounting for the 'round the clock soul funnel into the maw for all the time it took to stop Zovaal. I’m guessing her sentencing has some rather generous clauses or she’ll be there until we’re all fossils studied by our crab descendants.

1 Like

cant beleive im such a late rp bloomer :pensive: wasting my life with pve and uh. uh. i cant remember

They will simply say “time works oddly in the maw” and bring her back whenever they want, having fully completed her mission.

Having gone babbling mad from thousands of millennia of solitude, responding to any stimuli with banshee screeches while cradling the mutilated shreds of Nathanos’ soul.

I got over here from Khadgar at the beginning of… TBC? Midway TBC? Only got semi into RP during Wrath, was to busy raiding ICC hardcore(or so I believed lmao)

So part 8 for the month of August (8), part 9 for September let’s go?

I created my first character on Darkspear, in 2006, IIRC. Late vanilla. That character still exists, though she underwent a server transfer, two faction changes, one appearance change, and one race change since then.

2 Likes

I left my first character behind, recreated him on AD (Gnome mage named Oglesprocket) and then restarted here! This char is actually that very first char!

(Probably explains why I am so attached to Mori aswell!)

2 Likes

I’ve not played it for a number of years but Destiny 2 being gutted is a bit of a shame, since when I did play it it was pretty fun.

Like 20% of the company laid off, including key areas, D2 now no longer doing ‘expansions’, just ‘content packs’.

Meanwhile the CEO has spent $2.3 million on luxury cars over the past year or two.

3 Likes

https://x.com/etheirysformula/status/1819060064000282769

Dawntrail spoiler so shoo lintian and koralash til you do it! but felt i needed to post it because it is honestly such a bitterly beautiful take on the final zone that it brings me to tears again for some very personal reasons.

Bungie’s also being more strongly incorporated into Sony as a company, no escape for them

I forgot just how good cold showers are when it gets like this, I never wanted to leave my glorious ice box

edit: and now i’m blowing a fan into wet hair so it cools as it dries, i feel like i’m getting a head massage from Jesus

2 Likes

I bought the sentinel wolf, hoping I’ll have enough to either buy my diving suit or buy the saber mount.

Very strapped for tender and I am getting a shield as a reward.

1 Like

Is an entirely superflous, invented position existing only to funnel money to the top.

2 Likes