Picking mains

So am finally getting shadowlands in couple hours and was curious what classes to pick as my main tank and dps since sadly I won’t have enough time the coming months to actually level and try out multiple classes , I have played a bdk in legion which was my first time to tank and it was fun and easy, I used to tank heroic antorus with lfr/normal items, anyways it seems like that is not the case in SL, so what should I pick up next for tanking.
For ranged dps I am going with mage although I wish frost was nearly as good as fire.
Also would be helpful if someone has a link or a video to which covenants fit best for each class.

Why not?

The consensus at the moment seems to be that Prot Warr is a bit weak, but still viable, and everything else is excellent, with some minor trade-offs

and that’s at the very top level. Among us mortals, those tiny differences are lost in the rounding of our ineptitude. :slight_smile:

Search YouTube for Shadowlands Tank for more opinions from the theorycrafters and talking heads.

On mage, yeah I agree Frost has been left in the dust. Adding insult to injury, they nerfed all Frost spells, across the board, by 4% just at the start of SL. Whyyyyyyy?

The power of Covenants was nerfed to the ground at the last minute, so they are not as critical as they might have been. I find that Icy-veins.com has a summary of each covenant on each spec page that is good enough for me.

take this with a grain of salt … But in theory frost should eventually scale better with gear, it should pull ahead at 226 233 so most likely not this tier but hopefully next 9.1 so there is hope.

There is also a god like memory for frost which makes him very good in m+, its still bad on single target and in raids … But his aoe is good with that one.

What’s different this time? Usually, Frost scales worst with gear. Usually Frost is solidest in the first patch (Legion Fire with Bracers was an exception, but we all know the reason) and then falls behind as the gear ramps up. Who can forget the 20 Arcane Mages deleting the Mythic first boss in the last raid of WoD:

Ofc, we all hope for mercy from the devs, and I do expect some performance tweaks to come, but I don’t see gear as the light at the end of the tunnel this time.

And just as I say it …

Not exciting, but should make Frost more viable.

see it was enough to complain a bit and voila :smiley:

There was a simulation list of all classes in nathria 226 gear.

Fury also got buffed interesting

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.