Please calm down with all the passive effects

Azerite traits and corruption were cool in theory, but the problem is they have no effect on your gameplay because it’s all passive effects. Same goes for most talents, Blizzard decided to make passives better than actives most of the time so it doesn’t make gameplay more interesting.

5 Likes

I like passives…Do not vex me with distractions, while I am entirely focused on mashing a complex (mainly) two button rotation, and interweaving cooldowns!

I kinda like having passives, as Elem I already have too much buttons even though I effectively use an average of 7 in a M+. The rest is 18 different totems that have to somehow stay in my action bar. Less buttons to place in my action bar the happiest I am.

However it’s hard to keep track of the 80 procs and passives going on at once in a long fight that’s true. Hope we’ll have less of that in SL.

1 Like

I like passives. The only thing is that these passives should have an interesting effect on the gameplay.

I agree there are too many procs and passives, up to the point I need weakauras to track the ones i need to track.

What’s the point of having 20 procs?

1 Like

Yes please. Less proccs. More gameplay.

Procs are only way to combat the ridiculous GCD change. When I run crucible of flame major, I barely have free GCD to use it, whereas passive effects just do their thing without blocking my GCD rotation.

So until they revert GCD change, passives > actives. There is no argument to made here.

1 Like

I prefer passives. Not sure why, it just feels better.

I don’t mind passives. I just really don’t like RNG passives that represent half your damage.

Blizzard designs characters around simple rotations and then is too afraid to disturb those with active, or even with passive effects. It is pretty sad because this means that no matter how you progress as a player, your character and your feel of the game remains the same. For years on end, you just don’t feel like your character is evolving at all.

2 Likes

Hot take, unless you are pushing high m+ keys or struggling to beat mythic raids it doesnt matter,just pick the fun one

Actives are a lot more interesting than passives, and it rewards player skill and awareness which I like, but we shouldn’t bloat keybinds by making everything active. Personally I think all trinkets should be active based, as well as weapons, something that you press and gain a power from said item while gear should reward some passive bonus, I believe it makes more sense game-wise that way.

Obviously, I’d expect these passives to not be like infinite stars or twilight devastation, whilst they are fun, they have too much power for zero effort.

Oh yeah, so much fun sitting there doing no damage vs getting several procs of TD in a row.

Fun rotation more fun than bigger numbers imo. Obviously no numbers isnt fun, but outside of corruption i dont think its that huge a difference in most players

Fun rotation
Retri paladin

Pick one.

Id play a different class / spec if i didn’t enjoy the rotation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.