Please give us an estimate shadowlands release date. Some of us have holidays to take

It’s kind of like the weather service saying “It’s going to snow between 15:00 and 15:12 GMT on Christmas Day in Paris” today.

That’s what people want Blizzard to do with the release date.

2 Likes

This is exactly what we want. Let’s be honest. Blizz have delayed SL and it’s still not going to be right when it’s released. Granted the 10 charges of conduit energy is way better than what we were going to get. But people told blizz this months ago and they just don’t listen

Edit: may aswell bring it out as it is and fix it later like what is going to happen.

i am ok with that as long as they fix the game :blush:

On 31.12.2020 or before.

Or maybe also no, we will see.

1 Like

Tbh… as i see it.

They’re not changing paths, only wanting a delay to deal with both debugging and balancing the systems.

Imho i dont think we’re looking at a massive delay… its likely to be a November release as we know they’ll only be focusing on the gamebreaking / progression haulting bugs mainly and Some inconvienent ones with any time left.

Imho. your not gonna get Enough notice. if they try and Push a date again and end up delaying its going to start looking really bad espically if the same players have to once again try cancel and rebook their holidays…

i can honestly see them dropping this expansino with 2-3 weeks Notice in all honesty.

Some Are speculating Anywhere between Mid November to early december.

1 Like

5 Likes

Problem is, even if they give us an estimate, people will complain they didn’t release on or before the estimation date. Sometimes it’s better to say nothing xD

1 Like

They’re not telling us because they don’t know and absolutely cannot afford another delay :slight_smile:

I mean, I’d love a date too, but I understand why they just can’t give one. We’ll know about a week before it happens.

A.k.a “when it’s ready” or “soon™”.

1 Like

Id guesstimate like Nov-Dec time assuming its this year but if its pushed to next year then probably Feb/March time.

1 Like

Depending on what you intend to do this year might not be a thing. Based on nothing I wouldn’t expect S1 to land this year, but rather early 2021

1 Like

Earliest I see it coming would be somewhere December 11-14.
Having it release in november wouldn’t give anywhere near enough time for bug fixing and balance improvements they are going for.

1 Like

People keep saying this and it makes 0 sense. For a late december launch. How do you know the inner workings of blizz? They could be in full crunch, and moved all departments into SL (hearth/overwatch team etc). Could have people from activision, or outsourced etc.

And no one has any idea how long the bugs/covenants/issues would actually take. Or what state there thinking of even releasing the game. 100% polished? 90% polished with tuning after launch, 80% polished with major bugs done etc. Could be november, could be december, could be january…

1 Like

I want to use my annual leave for the game but the longer they take to say when it is, the less likely I can get it.

I would rather they say its coming out next year right now, than them say December 14th on the 1st of December

I have 2 weeks to use up here. Please blizz let me know if I have to use it on something other than the game

1 Like

That’s my scenario but with less holiday time. :frowning: I only have a few days left. But I need to get them booked in.

Don’t use holidays for WoW?

Dude, your post is breaking the forum.

In the official announcement, they said they still want to release it this year

So my guess is that it will either be :

-> 2nd half of November
-> Beggining of December/1st half of December (max)

But we’ll see, there are many issues they need to fix (for example leveling or covenant abilities balance) or rethink the changes they made (like recent conduit changes -> aka really horrible changes)

My estimate is in 2nd half of Nov with the raid release/mythic raid release delayed till January.

But my crystal ball may not be working. I’ve dropped it a few times

2 Likes

Here’s my advice. The release week will most likely be bonkers anyway with a lot of people on the servers stressing them and probably soms bugs to fix, etc… So, all things considered, with the lack of release date etc, forget about taking holidays for WoW, take this oportunity to take your holidays to do something else you also enjoy, or to travel idk…

In a world without covid I might have had something else to use my time on but not any more lol.
I was at the midnight launch of legion and bfa and both went really smooth so not foreseeing major issues

Realistically, even if I can’t get the time off to play shadowlands, the time I take off will still be spent on wow :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like