Plunder De Hond is a semi-casual raiding guild set up on the Horde side of the Gandling realm.
We’re a group (40ish) of people who have been playing/raiding together since Classic’s launch… Now we’re branching out and looking for some extra, like-minded members to bolster our ranks for upcoming tiers of content.
At the moment our raiding days will be Wednesday and/or Friday between 19:45 and 23:00 server time. Onyxia is being done on an ad-hoc basis depending on reset day.
As time goes on (new content) we’ll be doing the “main” raid tier on the set raid days, and then scheduling runs of previous content (or ZG) on an ad-hoc basis depending on when people are available. Nothing’s set in stone, so days can always change in the future if the majority of members are more interested in raiding on different days.
The basic rule is “don’t be a knob.” We’re an eclectic bunch of people that hail from all over the EU. We don’t take WoW too seriously and enjoy a giggle on Discord. You’ll also find that there are no classes/specs that are “off the table” in our raids (within reason) and all we ask is that members:
- Turn up as often as you can (raid sign ups are on Discord)
- Please don’t get yourself locked out of guild raids by doing pugs (unless you’re specifically told you won’t be needed for that reset)
- Let us know if you’ll be unavailable for an extended period of time
- Have a good understanding of your class/spec and how it relates to raid performance
- Have a decent level of pre-raid gear and cheaper enchants (nobody’s expecting you to have full pre-raid BiS and/or the 30spell power enchant!)
- Bring the “suggested” consumables if we’re progressing on new bosses and need that little extra push
- Have access to Discord and Voice chat for raiding (as well as sign ups), and social times
- Understand that, to deal with potential absences we will inevitably have more members than a single raid can allow - our aim is to rotate people in/out fairly when necessary
- Be respectful (aka don’t be a knob) and help people out when you can… Be available to pwn the WS demons as a group for an hour when one of our priests gets Eye of Divinity
Loot’s distributed using a “soft” loot council system… Basically a mix between +1 and a standard loot council (using the RCLOOTCOUNCIL CLASSIC addon). Our aim will always be to distribute loot fairly, and the addition of the council element allows us to reward those who put the additional time/effort in without the strict limitations of a DKP system, or the RNG of +1.
Nothing’s reserved, but keep in mind certain items will be deemed to be better for specific classes (Thunderfury, for example) and so those classes will be given priority on those drops, at least initially.
Outside of Raids
You’ll find a bunch of our members enjoy a bit of PvP, run dungeons, level alts. You don’t have to join us to raid - everyone has the same “member” rank and if you want to join us while levelling, and raid with us in the future then you’re more than welcome (if there’s space of course!)
Classes we’re currently looking for
At the moment we’re looking to expand our core team and build resilience for future content. As such we’re open to taking anybody and any class. Your trial period won’t normally last longer than a couple of weeks, and is generally just there to make sure you’re more of a social fit rather than checking parses etc.
If you just want to join us for the social aspect (with a chance of raiding in the future) then that’s also an option.
To get in touch with us please /w one of the following members of the leadership team on Discord, or /w us ingame (Gandling):
Jon (GameJon#2579) - Drunk
Tcepsa (Tcepsa#4509) - Scottish
Shadowclaw (Shadowclaw#5084) - Heals
Dunksta (Dunksta#5427) - Tanks
Kriegspyre (Kriegspyre#8276) - Raid leads, sounds American, isn’t
Wolfsbane (DareDevil#8674) - Raid leads, sounds bored, might be
PLUNDER DE HOND!
(We’re not Dutch - it was a running “loot the dog” joke that evolved into a guild name)