Plunder De Hond is a PvE-orientated raiding guild set up on the Horde side of the Gandling realm.
The guild started way before classic’s launch, with a large section of our core team coming together on Discord to discuss the game before release. The “ethos” of the guild has always been to clear all content at our own pace while being open to all classes/specs in our raids - taking the player, not the class.
Because of this, we’d consider ourselves “semi-casual” but, that being said, everyone goes above and beyond in terms of the effort they put in and you’ll need to do the same if you want to stand out.
At the moment our main raid days are Thursday and Friday between 19:30 and 23:00 server time. Onyxia is being done on an ad-hoc basis depending on reset day. We’ve also started running Alt/Pug raids on Sundays.
As time goes on and new content is released we plan on doing the most recent raid tiers on the set raid days, and then scheduling runs of previous content (or ZG/AQ20) on an ad-hoc basis depending on resets, or when people are available. Nothing’s set in stone so days can always change in the future if the majority of members are more interested in raiding on different days.
The basic rule is “don’t be a knob.” We’re an eclectic bunch of people that hail from all over the EU. We don’t take WoW too seriously and enjoy a giggle on Discord. The main things to keep in mind are:
- Turn up as often as you can (raid sign ups are on Discord)
- Please don’t get yourself locked out of guild raids by doing pugs (unless you’re specifically told you won’t be needed for that reset)
- Let us know if you’ll be unavailable for an extended period of time
- Have a good understanding of your class/spec and how it relates to raid performance
- Have a decent level of pre-raid gear and enchants. We don’t expect you to have full pre-raid BiS, but we do expect you to put some effort in to your gear
- Bring the consumeables that are suggested/advised by your class leader
- Have access to Discord and Voice chat for raiding (as well as sign ups), and social times
- Understand that, to deal with potential absences we will inevitably have more members than a single raid can allow - our aim is to rotate people in/out fairly when necessary
- Be respectful and open to helping members/alts out in non-raid content whenever possible
Gear is distributed using a “bespoke” loot council system (and RCLootCouncil Classic addon) coupled with predefined item/class priorities. Our aim will always be to distribute loot in the most open and fair way possible, and the addition of the council element allows us to reward those who put the additional time/effort in without the limitations of a DKP system, or the RNG of +1. Loot history and class/spec priorities are public and we will always take time to explain how/why we’ve reached a decision. If a decision can’t be made (or there isn’t enough of a reason to give it to someone specific) then we default to a roll between eligible raiders.
Nothing’s reserved, but keep in mind certain items will be deemed to be better for specific classes (Thunderfury, for example) and so those classes will be given priority on those drops, at least initially.
Outside of Raids
You’ll find a bunch of our members enjoy a bit of PvP, run dungeons, level alts. You don’t have to join us to raid. People who join as social members will also usually be given first refusal for raid spots when they become available (before we recruit externally).
Classes we’re currently looking for
While we’re easily fielding a full team each week, we’ve started to recruit for upcoming raid tiers. This is to provide a buffer zone for potential absences going forward. Any/all applicants will be considered on a case by case basis but we’re most interested in:
2x Warrior DPS
1x Healer (Preferably Resto Shaman)
To get in touch with us please /w one of the following members of the leadership team on Discord, or /w us ingame (Gandling):
Jon (GameJon#2579) - Drunk
Tcepsa (Tcepsa#4509) - Scottish
Shadowclaw (Shadowclaw#5084) - Heals
Dunksta (Dunksta#5427) - Tanks
Axgor (Knuckelito#8043) - Also Tanks
Kriegspyre (Kriegspyre#8276) - Raid leads, sounds American, isn’t
PLUNDER DE HOND!
(We’re not Dutch - it was a running “loot the dog” joke that evolved into a guild name)