Pre - Patch approximate date?

Classic release date was August 28. If Blizz knows what’s good for them they will release TBC after August 15 , for all the reasons explained above . No matter when prepatch hits ,either May 4 or May 18 it’s a small difference .

Pretty much every youtuber made the exact same video, so when you’ve seen one you’ve seen them all. That was just the first one youtube gave me.

So the default clone date is the giveaway? It may just be a placeholder date.

Do you think Blizzard would be that stupid?

1 Like

it is most likely a placeholder but who really knows right

Lets hope sooner rather then later

1 Like

Now that we’re talking about the release as well as the pre patch timing here I can’t help but chime in. Having followed the discussion about TBC Classic’s possible release date I really struggle to understand how people can be so optimistic as to think that the pre-patch (let alone the expansion itself!) would launch anytime soon and here’s a couple reasons:

-So far we don’t even have an official date for a beta test
-No expansion has ever released anytime around spring or summer. Most releases have happened during Aug-Nov -window
-It was said in the Blizzcon panel that they want to give people time to experience Naxx fully
-The panel people implied the beta is going to be rather long as they wish to collect feedback and have time to react to it accordingly

Don’t get me wrong, I totally wish for TBC to release as soon as possible as I’m super hyped, but please, could one you people who have this in my opinion overtly and unrealistically optimistic expectation about the launch come out here and explain why?

1 Like

They can still do that if we have a few months of Beta and then the same for pre-patch.

I was actually thinking this too.

Projected dates are subject to serious change and will likely be influenced with how the beta goes.

As always Blizz will do what is best for Blizz.

I think the likely scenario is to release pre-patch as early as they can to get people resubbing as soon as they can - with paid boosts as early as possible. May sounds very likely now that beta is in full swing.

I doubt summer vacation will factor too much into their release date, but they will want to milk the prepatch for as long as they can before releasing the game (the earlier they release the game the earlier people will complete the first tier and then take a break waiting for the second tier.) It will be accepted because they will use the excuse that they are giving drenai and BE time to get to 58 before opening the portal. For this reason I tend to agree with the late Aug release projection.

If im not mistaken in the June would be another investors call.
Given that 9.1 release is nowhere near, im pretty sure Blizzard would like to make their usual push for numbers, and pre-patch released before June would be the most obvious opportunity they wouldnt want to waste. There would be a ton of people returning to level Draenei/BElves and pick up old characters.

I think its safe to say pre-patch will be released before June, somewhere in May, with July/August being the TBC release.

1 Like

Wouldnt be surprised if they like announce it next week and launch soon, while leaving 9.1 to cover New World release :wink:

2 Likes

I sense ptr for pre-patch this month, end of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have experienced Naxx fully.
We downed all of it on like week 2.
Even the casual guilds have experienced Naxx fully by now (not talking about bad players here but casual players can be good players).

If ‘experiencing Naxx fully’ means waiting for everyone on the realm to have full BiS then I don’t know what to say… other then that’s a stupid metric.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.