Pre-patch: When and What?

Yes you need to pre-purchase DF in order to play Dracthyr in the Pre-patch.

All we know is that the season end has been announced as per the pinned blue post:-

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-season-4-ending-soon/392882

In this announcement they covered the Dracthyr

The Winds of Wisdom 50% Experience Buff Now Live!!

If you’re just returning after a hiatus from World of Warcraft, leveling another character (or two), or preparing to get ready for the Dragonflight expansion then this is the perfect time to jump into the game. Beginning the week of October 4 with each region’s local weekly reset, all World of Warcraft* players level 10-59 will gain the experience buff called “Winds of Wisdom,” which will increase experience gains by 50%!

Don’t delay. The winds will shift once more when the new dracthyr Evoker becomes playable during the Dragonflight pre-expansion patch, and the experience buff will no longer be available.

** Experience boost not available in World of Warcraft Classic titles.*

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23859628/the-winds-of-wisdom-50-experience-buff-now-live

This would seem to indicate Dracthyr are only available to those who purchase DF:-

All new race & class, the Dracthyr Evoker (available at or before launch)

https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-dragonflight

But not everyone will have access to the Dracthyr: it will only be available for those who have purchased the Dragonflight expansion.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2022/10/10/dragonflight-pre-patch-2/

1 Like

~25th Oct seems likely.
We’ll get to level a Drakthyr from 58 to 60 in the new starting zone, if we’ve bought DF.
We get access to the new Talent Trees so we can play around with our characters and try out some new builds.

But what I’d like to know is what else do we get to do? Are there Dragon invasions like in Legion? Are there a bunch of Rares like in Icecrown for SL? Is there a quest line to go investigate a bunch of stuff? I assume there will be some catch up gear, how do we acquire it?

We will have roughly a month of pre-patch, most likely. Leveling a Drakthyr will take a couple of sessions I assume. Playing around with Talent trees will take a session or two also. which leaves a good chunk of time to play with.

1 Like

No dracthyr in the pre-patch.

At least on launch.

I’m also curious what our pre-patch event will be. Not seen anything yet. There is always something and they vary from expansion to expansion.

The uldaman dungeon will be in prepatch likely with a qline and maybe some kind of dragon invasion type event hopefully

1 Like

Read the post of Punyelf above yours…

Dracthyr will be available at pre-patch for those that prepurchased DF

3 Likes

I saw yesterday datamines seem To suggest the pre patch will be in two parts.

First will be the new systems second will be evoker.

If that’s true I strongly suspect 25th for the first wave.

That sucks if true want to play the dracthur asap i have beta but rather wait till live. not much point in playing it this close to launch

I am curious to see what kind of events and rewards will there be. Many dirty alts are waiting to be geared :joy:

We don’t wanna upset that 0.1%… who cares about the rest 99.9%. You gets nothing :smiling_imp:

2-4 weeks is the usual for a pre patch isn’t it to be fair?

yeah i fully expect prepatch to be 25th it would suck if they delayed evoker is what i meant

Ah yes sorry - yeah it looks like from the data mine that will be the case a bit of settling of the new systems then evokers coming live.

What I’m interested, will Tauren Rogues be available in the pre patch?

If that’s true I won’t be subbing again until the second :smiley:

Typical of Blizz to say one thing and be like ‘‘oh, so technically, yes, we were telling the truth…’’

Evokers start at level 58, and will have access to their starting zone in the Dragon Isles, but will not be able to venture beyond that until the expansion launches.

I hope that isn’t true. I was hoping to settle into my Evoker and so some older content in the pre-patch. If you are essentially locked in your starting area until the launch date then there doesn’t seem much point in playing pre-patch if you want to main Evoker.

1 Like

Idc what blue posts are writing, Dracthyr are not even in PTR.

As earlier they said, Dracthyr will be available some time during the pre-patch.

So I will not believe till I see them in the launch myself.

Ptr has some parts of the pre patch not the whole thing …
Also I said in the Pre-patch and not at the start of the Pre-patch…

We will see

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.