Increased Arena Rating Cutoff Values

We have seen some concerns regarding the Arena rating cutoff details and wanted to confirm that the increased values are accurate. We resolved an issue where the leaderboards were not updating correctly, it now shows the current season cutoff awards. This increase in the cutoffs in comparison to last season is due to weekly MMR increase that was introduced to the game. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will let you know if anything changes.

1 Like

Dear sir,

As of today the 2v2 EU duelist cutoff starts at 2508 which according to websites using blizzards API is rank 1479.

At the end of season 5 the duelist cutoff has been 2177 which was rank 2978. Season 4 (tbc) duelist cutoff was 2228 rating which was rank 1317 arena team, which multiplied by 2 equals to rank 2634 player.

The weekly MMR increase was a fix to the broken s5 mmr gains, your team knows better how exactly were they broken, but everyone could see they were.

Please note that your upper statement claims that the arena population dropped by half compared to previous seasons, however the rating still inflated because people gain 15-30 mmr per week. A more logical explanation would be that rating is inflated because S5 to S6 had only a soft MMR reset while WOTLK release had hard mmr reset.

It still remains quite fishy if arena actually dropped around 50% participation not only compared to S5 but to all 5 classic PvP seasons so far, cause it really does not feel like it when it comes to que activity in 2v2.

It did drop 50%

Oh really, damn how do you feel right now , after that emberassment from the other day i would feel pretty stupid if i was you :joy:

Always sad to see some1s alternate reality bubble gets shattered like this :frowning:

oh if it isn’t the little princess. are you still sad your boyfriend left you?

No when i see i had another chance to make you look like a clown it had to be done :smiley:

You keep yapping about princesses and boyfriends leaving , are you projecting here my shallow little man :smiley:
You must be like 16 year old thinking something like that can even reach me lol
Now i am just more sad that in these 2 days that past since i teared you a new one that you didn’t come up with something more imaginative :frowning:
I came here to tear you a new one again but this is just boring now you don’t put up any real resistance.

Go ahead leave the last word , ima go bk to doing something more productive my job here is done, you been clowned again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m gonna pretend i’m interested in what you have to say and i agree with everything.Hope life gets better for you my little princess

Hey Blizzard, i believe most people are rather wondering why there is only -50% of R1 / Glad spots left. The increased cutoff rating makes total sense after the MMR inflation fix last season.
But for example in S5 we had around 308 3s Glad spots. At this moment in S6 it’s only around 124 spots in EU according to ironforge.pro
There never has been such a massive dropoff between two seasons in my memory.
Last season until approx the middle of season people below 1500 were missing in the calculation resulting in less spots. Maybe the same bug occured again?

Increase dps of MM and BM hunters when ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.