This Week in WoW: 18 December 2023

This Week in WoW: 18 December 2023

Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. Make Merry throughout Azeroth as the Feast of Winter Veil continues then prepare to enter the Ruby Sanctum in Wrath of the Lich King Classic in the New Year.

View Full Article

Feedback Thoughts on the first Death knight Hero talents:
Gameplay loop of DnD: Sounds punishing to step out / tank moving adds away from dnd → frustration instead of fun since it already happens a lot if you dont have a fellow dk as a tank who values DnD

Runes: Gameplay loop of the talents help with haste, % chance to get runes back →
Love the reset of runes, would like to see something helping to dump runic power (RP) since it sounds like we will be able to hit a point early in the expansion with certain haste caps to have so much rune regen that dumping RP becomes a tough choice in the middle of gameplay. This problem appears with DnD Haste, having atleast 20% haste and then being buffed with TW/BL can make the moment to moment choices in the cooldown window hard to follow/play since we have to make multiple quick choices during that window (40 sec bl)

Unholy/Blood has to manage a lot of things simutaniously and if something proccs like the new strike is already awesome to see that it replaces a main rota button and i hope we might see something to easy the loop of building runes and dumping RP since it sounds like we could break the loop really early in The war within if we get enough haste to just skip dumping some RP to make use of the proccs of vampiric strike to extend the buff
Just some inital thoughts since i couldnt playtest it myself

I can see a world where RP loses value if using the new strike can reset our runes and gives us haste during our normal rotation. My concern is that we overcap/lose RP gain since our normal rotation might get enchanced so early with a 15% /30% chance to reset runes and the build-in Haste buff that i wonder where to go from there into the mid → end of the expansion and later on. I would rather have a less potent version at the start of the expansion so that getting more / better gear also doesnt lose its value and getting nerfed during season 2/3 doesnt have to happen with new gear in the future
Having something like breath/bonestorm or the good old valkyre to dump RP sounds like something i would think about and then i start thinking about build choice and it might lock me into a certain build if i cant get rid of RP as fast as i gain Runes
Prolly less of a problem on blood since storing RP is ok, but for unholy it might get frustrating just like it can happen outside of the breath window on frost if you have a lot of haste (or the during a TW/BL window) and not enough GCD to fit everything

Either look at the % to reset runes or gives us a solution for RP dumping if it gets out of hand early. And to test it early i would love to see tier sets early in the testing phase just to be able to play around with more stats to see where problems might occour. Dont even need T-sets bonuses just need to play around with high stats that make sense

Maybe my concern is not even that real if we can skip some haste in our gearing since we would get it out of our normal rota and maybe mastery/crit becomes more valuable for blood. As Unholy i can see problems with the free death coild proccs and not having enough globals to fit everything and the feeling of losing/not using those proccs always feels bad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.