Reignite the fire early when you sign up to play World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Classic Beta before it hits the servers in 2024!

View Full Article

3 Likes

could be one of best expansions if blizzard didnt stop working here and releases weren’t prolonged

1 Like

3 Likes

when people say this was the reason why WoW died in the first place.

Ah the pug breaker xpac - tears will flow!

I think the problem is they don’t want to skip to MoP.

It’s definitely the expansion I took the longest break in. Like most of it.

1 Like

This and WoD for me! Never got a decent grove on in WoD apart from getting the lord of war title, dabbled, but never got a good go at it… cata though…. Yikes.

Cata gave us playable goblins.
10/10
Best expansion

Stop this madness are we going all the way to bfa?:rofl::rofl:

Yeah I spent most of the time playing SC2 :smiley:

Evidently.

The whole point of making a Classic version is to start from the original and go a different route with different mechanics to get a different game from retail that has more of the MMORPG elements intact by not adding the features that makes retail what it is.

They did the exact opposite. Classic is going to, and has now mostly, metamorphose into retail but older. There’s no point playing it anymore imo.

Well. Mop was possibly the least balanced but by far the most fun expansion. (If today a class got a skill that lets them steal a boss ability and throw it back at them, the community would go bananas). It seamlessly combined challenge and accessibility for all difficulties (including open world). The dailies were…OK, and you could rush through them with some practice.

Almost every major system they experimented with was carried on in some form (challenge modes, proving grounds, flexible raiding).

The storytelling was immersive and entertaining despite the criticism about the overused asian theme or too much cuteness.

And even one week before the next expac they were still fixing minor issues with it. I think this was the last project made by that team and they considered it their legacy so they gave it their absolute best.

People have such mixed views on MoP. I dont recall the balance, its too long ago :dracthyr_crylaugh:

I hated the original cata… why would I wanna play it again, without the surprise of whats comming?

For me, MoP has some of the best visuals and sounds in this game ever. Look at me playing Pandaren - I can’t quite let it go. I will never forget moments like when I discovered the jade dragon statue, or when I went through the tavern in the mists, or when I set foot in the Shado’pan monastery and the incredible music that accompanied this, or when I was sent all the way the Shan’ze Dao, or the 8-syllable trailer for The Thunder King. Not to mention the Sha. It was just absolutely sick.

Gameplay was very mediocre though. Classes will tons of abilities, many of which added so little gameplay that I was able to collapse the rotation into 2 very elaborate buttons on Guardian Druid for an example, not to mention the creation of Guardian in the first place.

In terms of gameplay, everything MoP does retail does better, and all MoP needs to be a great experience on retail is tuning adjustments.

Is this the one with the big scary dragon who turned out not to be all big and all that scary after all? Other than killing an alt with a zone wide in Stonetalon, he wasn’t that scary, I’ve been killed by murlocs more… Deathwing, less effective than mgrlllmgrlrrr!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.