PVP state - Please fix it

On the other hand. we pve’ers with 445 gear are annihilating people in the 1500 arena range. they just don’t have a chance.

5 Likes

You aren’t forced to do anything in life, you don’t even have to eat and let yourself die from starvation tbh but that’s not what we want is it? Everyone should aspire to be the best they can, not to be 5% or 10% or 15% behind for no particular reason other then the game being garbage?

Yes, now imagine how a pvper feels when he needs to play all that and doesn’t like the content.

Again, sure you don’t need to, but if you want to be the best that you can be then you have to. And for a lot of people being behind someone else for unfair reasons is not fun.

1 Like

I just cant… We are at different ends and we both disagree with each other, i said like 5 times u dont need to have bis gear at 445 with right stats and sockets to pvp properly and all u saying is it unfair that you as pvp player need to do it because u dont wanna be behind…
There is only few % from total player base that can say “im full bis” yet u still argue about it.
So for the last time, yes pvp is garbage rn, we need vendors or pvp gear back, but that doesnt mean u are forced to do something u dont like, u can pvp without pve.

1 Like

I don’t know what is there to disagree… yes you don’t need anything to pvp you can go naked and get destroyed but it is a fact that you will be stronger with higher ilvl and bis stats opposed to lower ilvl and wrong stats.

Yes.

1 Like

We need both of those back. You may be right that it’s not exactly “forced”, that’s a too strong a word for it, but we are highly incentivised to do pve and disincentivised to do pvp, that much is clear. The biggest issue, I think, is that it creates a great sense of unfairness in pvp players. Of course in the end it doesn’t matter if you play 200 rating higher or lower, but when you play and lose games because you don’t have this or that trinket or special effect or essence, it just sucks and leaves a bitter taste.

8 Likes

He did pve to get competitive gear to climb to 2.4+ then once at 2.4k which 90% of the playerbase will NOT get, he can MAYBE loot some pieces. One per week IF lucky enough that it gives the right stats.

You’re delusional if you think you can PvP only and be competitive.

I used to gear my warr in s1 BFA in arena only from 290 ilvl. Why could I do it ? Cause most people were ilvl 340. Now ? it’s 440. see where i’m going with this ?

Now you re FORCED to pve before entering arena. cause ilvl, Hp, gear scale ridiculously too much between each tier. stop being a sheep.

2 Likes

you know you need above 2k arena rating to get still worse (because of stats )than hc armor? +and getting fresh lvl 120 and queuing in arenas will lead to disaster, but the biggest con of legion pvp system is that farming pve gear in pvp activity is extra boring and feels unrewarding. All my pvp friends left the game, and I myself was forced to switch to PVE because pvp feels just like cosmetic activity now, like most parts of game (islands, warfronts etc) i dont think i need to explain it to you

1 Like

I had to do PVP for PVE because I needed Conflict & Strife and Blood of the Enemy. I have both on Rank3. What’s the problem? I had big fun doing so. Give it a try, it’s great.

M+ and Raids are also great. It’s the same video game. I don’t understand the big deal.

1 Like

I mean, I remember the Resilience days when PvP and PvE were separate paths, and I hated it. It led to pugging people decked in a useless stat for dungeons, or your raiding main stepping into a BG with competitive gear score and then getting 2-shot because you lacked Resilience.

I like that there is a gear overlap, and that progress in one type of content gives you a leg up in the other.

HOWEVER… it’s been done poorly. There does need to be a PvP vendor, but it has to be tuned such that a player grinding out battlegrounds for a solid day doesn’t end up covered in high-ilvl gear. It needs to work out about with grinding M+10 per unit time.

Also be nice to see some strong azerite PvP traits - which would then be the core of the PvP “stat”.

Not because you had fun doing some PvP while apparently being a more focused PvE player doesnt mean everybody is on the same boat as you.

I personally hate PvE for its static and repeated mechanisms while i found PvP to be way more dynamic and unpredictable … and this is just a fragment of my own opinion.
Well, just like you I encourage people to try different playstyles to forge their own opinion but sayin that you don’t understand the “big deal” is wrong.
edit : Same video game, but not same aspect of the game

The big deal is the fact that pvp is not a static environment and therefore should not be unlocking important character features.

To iterate, a player could potentially lose 100% of all pvp matches through factors outside of their and even their teams control, as such they would technically never unlock and be able to use the thing that they want to use.

Stats matter and itemisation in pvp is trash. So yes, m+ is forced.

Unless you want to eat dust at 1500 every time.

3 Likes

There’s been many expansion between tbc and legion. PvP stats and gear hasn’t always been the same.

Because you had fun. But you are an individual. A lot other players do not have fun. There is a reason players only do pvp or only pve. The other part is just not fun.

In the beginning of BFA arena gear drop rate was good and it was fair since you could gear up doing pvp at decent rating. But surprise surprise dragon slayers were mad about it and we got pvp gearing destroyed with once in every 50 arena wins rng drop.

3 Likes

I agree the arena drops are way too infrequent. It’s not fair that doing M+ drops much faster. You should get an item every 5-10 wins to make it equivalent to M+ drop rates.

Except for the gear part I find this BS.

How do you want to farm AP then, sitting in Orgrimmar all day long waiting for queues?

Please wake me up once I can get best pve items but just queuing up for something or winning some low rated arena matches.

Blood of the enemy = mindless pvp bg spamming without doing anything

Conflict and strive = doing some low rated arena

And you are quickly done

Now pvp player have to do the raid every week, do a mythic 10. grind azerit power and in worst case grind more mythic+
Every week again and again, never ending.

Where is the time to even play arena if you have to play mythic+ / raids all time

3 Likes

Obviously a pve-player looks totally different at this, since your M+10 is facepalming easy for us. And you only need to 1 a week. And the raid essence is 3 heroic runs.

But I do feel you you are pulled into content you just do not want to do. That is the main issue here :frowning:

For me C&S and BotE are just ‘never’ obtainable :slight_smile: (and that wpvp essence? don’t even know the name). My C&S is taking 17 weeks because of capping CP. Getting access to rated BG’s is just nowhere.

IDK about cata/mists/wod (havent played during these) but literally every other expansion and vanilla required high end pvpers to do high end pve and i never thought that was an issue