PvP vendor will be back!

I still believe that BfA failed because they planned one thing and changed it mid way, and then started to do things they had not planned. We know that essences, for example - were not planned feature. They invented those on-go. Corruptions seem to come from same ‘brain storming sunday meeting’ as the essences came from.

Fair ideas, but would have needed time to be refined and tuned.

Developing game is enormous and complex task. It takes time. BfA seems to suffer from lack of focus, and change of ideas. I hope that they take time and plan whole SL from start to end. Now. Not between patches in few months. But NOW- as whole package. Changing this and that is cool, but not bring in wild ideas that are not worked trough into finest details.

I do not know if BfA’s story was written as whole or also is result of those patch-time-brainstorms as game mechanics, as raids seem to be ok and well made- so … story was weak from get-go? Anyway, too soon to speculate. I definitely am not pre-ordering a thing as I never pre-order since they stopped selling here classic collectors editions with Cds, books and goodies. Digital goodies interest me none :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah another BFA could be wow s death(or basicly but it in a legacy mode while srvers are one it basicly doenst get new contnet updates anymore ituside small stuff like micro holidays or something.

OR go full on with legacy expac servers(which id love to see them do wod but they actully finish it this time instead of utting msot contnet in fvaour fo world of diablo craft expansion that was legion)

yeah im not preordering (atleast so far) either for Shadowlands.
Aslo im not at all fan of those multi versions ,that are more expensive then expacs have been before,and normal one is slightly cheaper then bfa normal eition was but doesnt include the boost.

I just really need to see more of shadowlands before i decide if il play it or not.

I prefer fresh content. For all it’s flaws, WoW is still the single best PvE MMORPG that exists. FF14 is somewhat of a challenger but WoW is simply better, maybe not in everyone’s eyes but to many many people. I don’t care for Legacy servers because that’s content I have already done.

I agree that i need to see Shadowlands before i decide to pay a cent for it

i prefer fresh aswell,but if theyre going to do more legacy servers id love for them to do wod and finish it over any other expac,as wod had alot of story adn content cut in favour of more time on the diablo in wow expansion that was legion.

and if Sl’s is bad im sure they will focus on legeacy expacs(like tbc which has aprently been poll sent over)

If they keep focusing on Legacy servers, like adding in TBC, that only means less developers for the live game. They may claim that they never took devs off of BfA but we all know how it went. How slow they were to fix issues, how lackluster the quest design was… And it was like that from the word go.

Also doesn’t help when Activision proudly proclaims to have a record breaking year in terms of revenue and then goes off to fire 800+ people. And I know most of them weren’t Blizzard devs. But 250 or so were Blizzard employees

Revenue is not profit though.
You can make tons of revenue and still loose money.

They could mmake 5billion revenue but still have profit of like 50Mill only for example.
Revenue is how much is generated,profit is whats left over after sustracting the costs of creating it.
And they after aslo hired for more dev positions. ANd most of cut people was for esports/positions they dint need any longer.

It’s okay, I can offer you some coaching so you will find it every time. All for the low low price of 100k.

I’m well aware of the difference between profit and revenue but you don’t celebrate a loss. If they had actually lost money, their stock would’ve fallen, not risen like it did. A boost like that means they have not only made money but far exeeded expectations

Finally, thank you Blizzard! It took some time to realize that literally everyone wants vendors back (especially PvP vendors) but hey, here we are. We need to be a bit happy about it and stop being constantly negative. If they do something good, we need to appreciate it.

HERESY!..

Ok, I ll make sure to charge you double for everything

Of course they can still f up with the pvp vendors, and if they do it would more likely be like this than not implementing them at all. Having pvp vendors is obviously not enough, there needs to be some sort of gear separation between pve and pvp to go along with it, so as to stop compelling players who don’t want to do pve to do it, and those who don’t want to do pvp to do that.

Nevertheless, even the fact that they are re-adding a pvp vendor is a step forward in itself. If we look at the broader significance, it at least means they received the message that the rng infested fest that is BfA needs to be toned down somehow. That the pvp playerbase rejected their ridiculous chest rng system almost unanimously and they understood that.

Baby steps, as long as they are forward, are better than nothing.

2 Likes

You could obtain conquest from doing normal BGs in WoD and buy gladiator gear from that, in addition to the honor sets.

Its a step forward thats for sure, but we dont know they wont take do 1step forward, 5steps backwards.

Just look at the covenants since blizzcon people have had their worries about the new borrowed power system and that they wont eb ablanced at all,wont be choice.

Steps forward are good,if they dont come with reduction in evrything else which is still more then possible.
I want SL to be good,and optemistic, but i havent seen anything near enough to believe it will be (not with covevnants are they are)

PEople hated titanforge rng,they gave us corruption.
people have hated the borrowerd systems they still continue it with it.

Im not at all convinced they will actully for once listen to feedback.

1 Like

Oh I agree with you about the general picture. But in the pvp vendor’s case, it isn’t less than what we have in any way. The most that can be bad about it is that it’s incomplete, but still more than nothing, and since BfA has nothing… :slight_smile: That’s all I’m saying.

gues so but i still wouldnt put it past them to change somethign about vendors like have a vendor but its rng what slot or stats on item is rng or something or just scrap it entierly right before release or something.
or find something else to make it worse then what had in bfa for pvp
(like making it so weak basic heroic dungeon gear outclasses even best pvp gear or something)

1 Like

I never liked that we could buy whatever gear we wanted just by capping within an hour.

But the truth is it kept me to be more active and when they removed it I hardly touched pvp, not even battlegrounds simply because there was no reason to do it.

Plus if you like PvE it’s always nice to have low item level pvp gear in slots we lack until we get what we want in raids or mythic+ :wink:

Nice.
Now bring back pvp power and/or resilience to further separate pvp from pve. Along with that, give casters more instant spells and casting when moving in pve.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.