PVP Vendors - I'm glad I can't choose wrong item

Sure. Mythic+ Dungeons are excessively rewarding and that’s arguably a problem on its own.

PvP on its own seems quite nicely balanced as far as the reward structure goes.

But every reward structure in the game, be it Arenas, Raiding, World Quests, Crafting, or whatever, comes up short when compared to Mythic+ Dungeons.

And I don’t think the solution to that is to just go super crazy with the rewards in PvP. Rather, I’d question whether it’s right that people can just farm item level 415+ gear from Mythic+ Dungeons with relative ease. It’s probably there the problem lies, and not with the absence of vendors in PvP.

that’s not how it works
by this logic, asmongold could do more PvE than Method
but as we all know, this “logic” is nonsense

It might seem to you, who don’t really do any serious PvP. For serious PvPers it’s not balanced with how much these new trinkets are broken and how RNG they’re.

That’s part of the problem. The second part is the RNG rewards that are gamebreaking: azerite pieces with perfect traits making a huge difference, now the pvp trinkets that may or may not drop… this pvp reward system simply is eroding at the basis of competitiveness. If you ignore all these things, and consider the pvp gearing system in a vacuum where pve doesn’t exist, then yea it’s more or less ok. Problem is that to be able to consider it in a vaccum, you need some sort of pvp stat or bonus ilvl in pvp, which doesn’t exist. Which is, again, why people request vendors all the time, because the last system with vendors, the WoD system, beyond the beginning with the idiotic RNG trinkets from Trashran, worked perfectly.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Let’s see. The guy claimed to have done more PvP than me.

His character profile shows that he has barely done any PvP outside the 334 games in 2v2 Arena which has earned him a rating of 2401. He’s short of 100 Battlegrounds played.
That’s not a lot. He’s very successful at doing 2v2, but in terms of how much PvP he has done, it is not very much.

By comparison, then I’ve done ~3000 Battlegrounds. I have done a lot more PvP than him. My achievements reflect that too.

If you want to defend the guy on the notion that he is better at PvP than me, then you are free to argue that point. But don’t claim that he has done more PvP than me. He has not.

Then the so-called serious PvPers can argue their points, and if they have merit, then they can hope that Blizzard will listen to them.

Again Jito - PVE player whiteknighting on forum related to PVP… Exciting … Tell me more about PVP, please.

If I am a PvE player with my character profile, what are you then with yours? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m just a guy with fresh 120 priest who done more rated PVP content in two weeks then you in your entire life. Which is sad …

So you’re only a PvPer if you do Rated PvP? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

More than you buddy.

yes
same as you’re not raider if you did just LFR
I did LFR and I don’t claim to be raider and I don’t force my opinion on how raids should look like

Well, allow me to be the elitist PvPer then as well.

I am oldschool rank 13. That’s because I did PvP when PvP was real.

If you didn’t do PvP back in the old days to any noteworthy degree, then you’re not a real PvPer. You’re just a wannabe trying to score some cheap credibility points by associating yourself with a term like “Rated” as if it has any meaning.

that’s what we did before you started derailing topic
I did exactly point out my issues with the system and some loot, achievable only through RNG being far too strong compared to other and that way multiplicating downside of the system to a point that currently it’s nearly impossible to win against team unless they’re way much worse than you, if they have maledict and you don’t

This one is actually resolved because you get a Quest to turn in
All they had to do is make the Quest Guy a vendor too
Imho the reasons given for the current system simply dont add up and its probably the ‘make it grindy to keep players playing’ narrative that is the unspoken third reason

1 Like

Rated has meaning now.
Simple fact is that rated content is not comparable with random bgs. Same as LFR is not heroic. Another thing is that for me with just 2 years old account is more difficult to be invited into rated groups and still I’m invited by many players who knows how I’m playing my class even without your shiny achieve points.
And from what you are saying here. I have a picture about you. You are just desperate to have some attention that you have to go on PVP related forums just to piss PVPers. Never saw PVPers whiteknighting masterloot system in PVE threads.

1 Like

Yeah, if you’re a high rated pro player.

If you’re a dude who finds random people to play with in the LFG system and your rating level sits comfortably within the 95th percentile of the bell curve, then “Rated” is just a word in the dictionary. Gameplay-wise there’s no real difference between that and the equivalent “Unrated” experience.

I totally accept that Arena players who are qualifying for the Blizzcon Arena tournament have a perspective that’s unique given their “Rated” experience.

But everyone else? Their gameplay experience in “Rated” is no different from anyone else’s experience in “Unrated”. They just get points. Congrats, I guess. :roll_eyes:

But that’s not here nor there. You’re using ethos, trying to discredit everything I say about PvP because I don’t have the proper “Rated” credentials. But it doesn’t work. Because in the context of PvP Vendors and the PvP reward system as a whole, then that extends to Random Battlegrounds and Skirmishes and World PvP as well. This is not a topic the Rated PvP community can claim monopoly on.

So get invited into arena tournament before you will go there to spread your poison.

Jeez we need paladin with exorcism here.

What poison? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have an opinion about PvP rewards and the concept of PvP vendors, which is reinforced by my own PvP gameplay experience.

Then some struck up elitist-wannabe PvPers say that my opinion is invalid because I don’t do Rated PvP.

But they’re so far up their Rated butthole that they fail to recognize the simple fact that PvP rewards – and the concept of PvP vendors – is something that extends outside their Rated PvP bubble.

It also applies to Random Battlegrounds, Skirmishes, and even World PvP. And since that is all something I do, then I naturally have an opinion about the subject – because it impacts my PvP gameplay experience as well.

You don’t get to have monopoly on the entire subject of PvP just because you do Rated PvP, as if that somehow gives you anything but a faux sense of credibility.

First of all, you kinda do need some rated pvp credentials to talk about pvp. “I do world pvpz” honestly is a bit… shallow. Second, you are right that the system is spilling over to rated bgs and skirmishes, and that should be considered, but did you stop to consider that those were a ton more popular when vendors existed, because they actually awarded something worthwhile?

1 Like

No you don’t.
You don’t need to do Mythic Raids to have an opinion about Warfronts, even though both fall under the umbrella term of PvE.
PvP is a broad subject, and so is PvP rewards and vendors. That’s not a subject exclusive to the Rated PvP clientele.

No, because Season 1 BfA is the most popular Arena Season in the EU, since forever. So I have not considered a correlation between popularity and vendors, because it’s not there. I do however consider a correlation between quantity and quality of rewards overall, and popularity. That correlation seems to be there.

No, you just need attention by poisoning PVP threads. Flaming me for having low rating on fresh char and still you have absolutely nothing and still you are the most capable of all players to share “your opinions”. Fair enought