PVP Vendors - I'm glad I can't choose wrong item

I told you, what they are selling we aren’t buying. It’s pretty simple.

1 Like

Right now, you are.

We’ll see. I think I said earlier in this thread that I wouldn’t be surprised if they added vendors in the next expansion. But that’s some time out in the future still.

No, I’m not. Right now I’m not. I’m in the somewhat unique position of being a former customer without an active subscription, who can make it clear exactly why I don’t have an active subscription while still being interested enough in the game to post on the game’s forums. Neat, rite? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Plural you then, with the odd exceptions. Whatever. They’re not changing such a big system design mid-expansion. Next expansion? Maybe. We’ll see.

Maybe, but if they are inclined to change it next expansion, I’m of the firm opinion they should publicize that way before instead of defending this profoundly unpopular system they made, especially when they do it with arguments that wouldn’t even sway a kindergarden kid… :slight_smile: It’s understandable (for some people at least) that some things cannot change fast, but it’s not understandable when someone is trying to lawyerspeak it through, and you can see holes in their reasoning the size of a lunar crater (such as those pointed by Whisperer in the OP).

Besides, you know how it goes: they fix things next expansion, that’s when they get money. :wink:

I was about quit too - sub was expiring just on christmass… But long term friend from wotlk/cata just contacted me after years if am I still playing. So I guess I will stay subbed :slight_smile:

I’m not blaming you, I stayed for a long time because of friends. Fortunately, many of them quit at once, and started playing another game, a thing which gave me more impetus to quit as well.

It’s quite sad when I think about how many people I know personaly from guild events are leaving wow just because of silly changes and excuses.

1 Like

I disagree that random BGers cant tell how Gear acquisition should work, especially since mostly everyone, rated and unrated, agree on this specific issue and I think it is unwise of you to take this approach and alienate a community of which 95% probably agrees with you that we need the vendors

Dont forget that the only difference in Gear acquisition between rated and unrated is the ilvl

We also acquire Gear through that system, therefor we are also exposed to it and able to form and voice our opinions on it and again, the community seems to mostly unanimously agree that pvp vendors need to come back

It would have been better to Just firmly disagree based on the fact that their Idea is bad rather then assume that they speak for all randomers*

*I dont either, me saying it feels like the majority agrees on the necessity of vendors is Just my interpretation of what I see people say ingame

Blizzard shows that they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I really don’t think that any of the changes made since wotlk have been good for the game.

I have been sucked back in to sooooooooo many discussions due to those pesky notifications. Some one replies or quotes and that’s it, I’m back again :laughing:

Stop this defending of not being able to choose rewards. Not once this expac I got a weekly reward I didn’t scrap immetdiatly. Know what I need? Rings and a trinket. I didn’t need the pants or bracers I got this week! The weekly chest is also RNG and it rarely gives me a ring, never a trinket so far. I don’t even bother with BGs or arena’s anymore simply due to all rewards being RNG. Take the daily world PvP chest which has too low IL but mogs for me, I aim for the weapon:

-4 leather pieces of which 1 was double (got twice the same boots!)
-2 cloaks of which non were for the leather set but 2 mogs regardless
-11 rings I scrapped immetdiatly
-4 trinkets I scrapped and/or kept for TW because it had a socket.

Minus today I should have had 23 chests of which I got 21, I don’t even bother anymore so just give me honor and conquest points and point me to a vendor so I can buy what I want (honor) or need (conquest). Somebody makes a mistake by recklessy buying stuff? Fine they learned for the next time they need to carefully look what slot they will need the most first, Blizzard should allow new players (and noobs) to make mistakes. Stop this handholding everywhere.

2 Likes

Exactly, I got three times same useless chest, shoulders and I still I have terrible rings… and which is bothering me the most is that items with the most useless stats are titanforging for me.

Since the numbers are mine I guess I’ll explain them, and also explain what could possibly be wrong with them (at the same time).

So there are no problems with the calculations themselves. If the data given to us by Blizzard is correct then there were indeed approx. 405K eligble players in the playerpool, there is no questioning this. Actually, now that I recount the data with the final r1 cutoffs available and comparing to a snapshot of the S1 ladder (https://www.xunamate.com/archives/s26/3v3) I see that 412 people got R1, that means ~412K eligible participants.

However, key point here is “if the data given to us by Blizzard is correct”. Blizzard could be spicing the data in a number of different ways. They could arbitrarily have chosen to set R1 at 0.5% without telling us (causing a lot more people get R1 and thus making us think the ladder is larger and more people are playing), or they could’ve removed the 1K+ rating eligibility requirement without telling us.

Another thing which is to be taken into account is the fact that for a couple of weeks in the start of last season PvP actually gave great gear in comparions to PvE (pre-nerfs) - what this means is that tons of PvErs (right at the start of the expansion, when there are always the highest number of subscribers) flooded into PvP just to cap and get gear, those players then went inactive for the rest of the season thus artificially padding the numbers making it look like there was a lot of activity. If you looked at live game-tracking tools such as xunamate/arenamate you noticed that the number of games per day decreased drastically.

Also it could just be the WoD phenomena all over again. Lots and lots of people joining for the first month(s) of the expansion because Blizzard is good at PR - hated it (the PvP) and then left again.

BfA S1 had so many oopsies (MMR, BiS PvE gear) along with regular start of expansion season issues since WoD (incredibly inflated population for 1 month) that you can’t really draw any conclusions from it…

On-topic: It’s all smokescreens and stupid excuses for wanting to keeping us in the hamsterwheel ($$$) instead of giving us PvPers what we want - BiS gear in PvP content acquired via PvP in a non-RNG way, so that we can all get the same power in terms of itemization and ilvl (possibly but not necessarily separated by rating) eventually.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.