Pyrewood Village (Horde) - Blizzard HELP!

During the “server consolidation” process, many Horde players on a server that had a modest 1200 raiders were hoping that this might bring in some flesh blood. Now because of what looks like a loophole, almost every raiding guild free transferred onto a “to be closed” server (Razorgore) and then got another free transfer onto Golemagg (A horde mega server).

This has left those that couldn’t leave (because of holidays etc) couldn’t also leave the server meaning that this faction is now dead. WE have 1 raiding guild that is struggling to fill its numbers for a BT each week only.

This mass exodus has left the end game quite litterally unplayable as Horde on this server which goes against the new values set out by Blizzard. This does NOT “Nurture and Protect Social Experiences” when there is not 1 person in the LFG tool, no more than 5 people in the capital cities total at any time and most of them are level 1’s from people who left trolling in chat.

What is the solutiion?

Paid services by the character aren’t the solution. This game is 3 years old now and we all have large amounts of alts at maximum level. We pay to play this game already, it wouldn’t be fair for us to pay 25 x N to move all of these, including bank alts etc). Mine alone would be £250!.

Blizzard,

Can you please put up a free transfer from Pyrewood to a server that has people on it? Mirage raceway or somewhere that has a 1200+ population so we can actually play the game?

Sure you wouldn’t feel the pinch if we all ended up quitting because of no endgame content, but it is possible.

Desperately,

Pyrewood Horde.

3 Likes

Posted from a retail alt… not that that’s important.

sure bro just 25 euros

thx

2 Likes

It’s bonkers mate. 25 per character… wholle set of toons would set me back a weeks wages!

1 Like

You had two months of holidays? That must be nice.

The loophole didn’t work for two months, it worked only after the HW transfers opened 11 days ago (Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10 - #704 by Kaivax). Realm consolidation was 10th of August. That makes it about a week for everybody not on the list, which applies to Pyrewood Village. Not two months.

1 Like

Funny, I did it weeks ago, To Razorgore then onto Golemagg or Gehennas.

Ok, I didn’t realize it was possible via Razogore before. Still likely not two months, but a couple of weeks, as Razogore was added to the list later on, 20 days ago (Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10 - #597 by Kaivax). Or did it work before that?

The free transfers had been open since June 7th at least. Check out the date on the consolidation post.

Not that important. I just didn’t think Razogore had free transfers before it was addes to the list.

The spiralling situation happened quickly. People was on holiday when it was too late to not commit.

1 Like

Im playing on this server on ally and horde side. And i agree just 2 weeks ago it was so much more different so i didnt realy think about moving until i logged on my horde chars and it was dead. I would love Blizzard do something again (like open up free char transfers) Please Blizzard help out with this situation which is not really fun anymore. Thanks

3 Likes

No, thats the solution. The horde players abused a loop hole to not pay the 25e fee.

It’s like if a group of people found a loophole in a bank app to get a free 25e, and you find about it after it was patched and no longer works.
Say, are you entitled to get 25e becouse you found out about it too late?

My guess is a no, and the same applies here.

1 Like

Right, those who come late are out of luck. HOWEVER, unlike Blizzard, a bank would take legal action against all the abusers that can possibly be tracked down and caught up. I am yet to see Blizzard doing anything to punish all those Firemaw refuges on Gehennas.

1 Like

How about a more recent example with India and Fifa 23?

My guess is Blizzard doesn’t really care, or couldn’t do anything due to sheer number of people that abused the loophole

Is it really abusing though?

1 Like

Well, by definition abuse is to use something for the wrong purpose.
The free transfers were put in place to move people from populated realms to not so populated realms, yet people used them to get to another populated realm, thus abusing the transfer

If Blizzard didn’t want people to use it twice, wouldn’t they have put a cooldown on it?

And because they didn’t, that could be construed as being done on purpose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.