Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Just make unlocking and playing the High Elves difficult and Alliance can have them. I mean they are after all very few in numbers.

Get 3k+ rating in 3 vs 3 Arena for 4 consecutive seasons, with the same character.
    Get "Cutting Edge" for 4 consecutive raid tiers, with the same character.
    Get 30k+ achievement points.
    Gather 5 million gold to buy the quest item that allows the unlock.
    Only 1 High Elf per Battle.net account.

Then impose some restrictions on that character, to really make it unique and give the illusion of struggling life, like;

Levelling through quests only. Dungeons give no XP at all and half the reputation.
    Mail and auction house off limits until level 120.
    Achievements on the account does not count for the High Elf. Titles and flying achievements have to be obtained again.
3 Likes
17/05/2018 12:48Posted by Kutsál
Why are you still opening pointless threads?

Its not a pointless thread the developers have asked for these threads to continue, Why do you always have to comment first saying the same thing do you get off getting a few quick likes?
3 Likes
17/05/2018 12:46Posted by Leolamin
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THE FUTURE

The final words of this response are perhaps the most legitimate. Anything is Possible in the Future. High Elves are possible in the future.
Except he was talking about blue eyes for blood elves not high elves when he said that. Let's not forget that little detail ;)
1 Like
17/05/2018 13:51Posted by Korrina
Except he was talking about blue eyes for blood elves not high elves when he said that. Let's not forget that little detail ;)

Now, that I'm looking forward to!
1 Like
I'm so glad this was opened again. Don't let way too negative people quelch what we like in this game.
I want to re-post someones previous post on the other thread because though I don't think its directly simular, I do think it speaks volumes in terms of demand and priority.

High Elves have been requested Alot more than straight back orcs have been, Out of a forum search of these forums alone the Orc request came up with a mere 185 posts / 19 pages of requests since 2011, Where as the request for High Elves came up with a staggering 3769 posts / 377 pages since the same date 2011(its as far baack as the forum goes).

https://i.imgur.com/JqvRVg3.png

Who got their request answered, The Horde of course.

Like I said, it's not exactly the same case, but blizzards reasoning for giving orcs a straight back was purely based on demand according to the lead art designer at blizzcon, and since it's a task that required animation work and not just an exchange of visual assets I doubt the physical work load is very different in all honesty. From an artistic perspective involving textures and story the high elves require more work, but what is that compared to the altering of the skeleton of an existing model?
I think it's interesting atleast since the demand is alot higher for high elves.

I do think some blues should actually pay attention to this thread though in order to clean up non-constructive posts. Theres alot of them.
2 Likes
17/05/2018 13:57Posted by Tìtus
I think it's interesting atleast since the demand is alot higher for high elves.
There's no conflict over straight back orcs. It's an easy decision.
1 Like
17/05/2018 12:57Posted by Morra
Each time this topic starts it has a "Last thread capped. (2000 replies)" as if it was 2000 people demanding helves.

If people didn't spam unrelated and worthless posts about how they didn't want to hear about high elves it wouldn't seem that way.
No one forced anyone to click on this thread, yet they did.
It's helping either way. If they see 6 of these capped out threads do you think they're going to think it's because people hate or love high elves?
Anyone that don't like high elves can actually argue properly, or leave. Those spamming are helping the high elf cause the most though.
3 Likes
I wonder if blizzard recognises that by the mere fact of being in a different faction, the fantasy of any race is changed.

This is because of the very strong faction identity we have in wow. The same race Thalassian on the horde as blood elves and the alliance as high elves feels very different o people.

Likewise the highborne, I discuss a lot about in these two topics,
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619071755#post-12
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619161947?page=2#post-32
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17619142022
If you read my carefully detailed post there (especially my 4 responses in the first link) it will be easy to clearly see why the nightborne on the horde no longer satisfy night elf fans, many who desperately want the majestic arcane portion of their race's to y available to them. It's not the same thing to say go play nightborne on the horde, for by joining the horde, the nightborne are no longer part of the kaldorei identity in a system that has such separation between horde and alliance.

Players will always want high elves and highborne in the current setting to fit into the fantasy blizzard originally developed for them, and this will be the case until faction lines are blurred in and for some races e.g. a way is made such that as blood elf horde you join a blood elf faction that while overall loyal to the horde, is friendly to humans and dwarves, giving those who play that race on the horde a chance to have the high elf fantasy available despite being horde. It will mean some of the blood elves change in the story to not be overall alliance haters, they get on and befriend humans, but their hatred of night elves and loyalty to 4 horde races keeps them horde despite having a sizeable chunk of them friendly to humans/dwarves and gnomes.

There must also be a faction of blood elves that hates all the alliance to, for players who like that, but this will introduce some blurring.

Otherwise you can't dismiss many fans request for high elves because they will blurr the lines, they won't if most of your populace already knows the difference between despite looking so similar. The highborne discussion is do different to this but you can consult those topics
17/05/2018 13:59Posted by Infuria
17/05/2018 13:57Posted by Tìtus
There's no conflict over straight back orcs. It's an easy decision.

Because why would any alliance say anything against it? They could spam those trheads saying "We want straight back worgen" or "Fix the worgen clipping issues first" and so on but no one did. Perhaps some people actually let others talk about what they want?
1 Like
@Titus, you do realize that:

1st - that screenshot could hardly prove anything;
2nd - that probably 3k out of those 3.7k posts are just within those last two topics made over the last couple of months?
3rd - if you want to play that game regardless, what would you say about this - https://i.imgur.com/J8EaD3n.png ?
17/05/2018 14:04Posted by Tìtus
Perhaps some people actually let others talk about what they want?
Sure. And yet this particular subject gets hounded by people who are against it or unhappy with the proposed ideas. That means it generates a lot of conflict, unlike the Orcs issue.
17/05/2018 14:07Posted by Infuria
17/05/2018 14:04Posted by Tìtus
Perhaps some people actually let others talk about what they want?
Sure. And yet this particular subject gets hounded by people who are against it or unhappy with the proposed ideas. That means it generates a lot of conflict, unlike the Orcs issue.

All comes down to who the bigger people are. Plus, no one said no to straight backs for orcs, giving poor reasons as to why. If that was the case then blizzard fanboys would definately side with blizzards throw away comments at that aswell.

if you want to play that game regardless, what would you say about this - https://i.imgur.com/J8EaD3n.png ?

Do you find it hard to belive that worgen have been the topic of alot of threads? I don't get it.

17/05/2018 14:07Posted by Lunétte
that probably 3k out of those 3.7k posts are just within those last two topics made over the last couple of months?

I think that speaks in favor more than anything. If it's even true though, it is all speculation.
17/05/2018 14:02Posted by Tìtus
17/05/2018 12:57Posted by Morra
Each time this topic starts it has a "Last thread capped. (2000 replies)" as if it was 2000 people demanding helves.

If people didn't spam unrelated and worthless posts about how they didn't want to hear about high elves it wouldn't seem that way.
No one forced anyone to click on this thread, yet they did.
It's helping either way. If they see 6 of these capped out threads do you think they're going to think it's because people hate or love high elves?
Anyone that don't like high elves can actually argue properly, or leave. Those spamming are helping the high elf cause the most though.

If there were still something to argue about.
Is it stands at the moment these threads are nothing more than a slightly elf related lounge
17/05/2018 14:02Posted by Tìtus
Anyone that don't like high elves can actually argue properly, or leave.

I like high elves just fine. It's the entitled arguing over them that I can't abide. No one is owed anything in this context, yet that is repeatedly the tone that infects far too many of the posts arguing in favour of making them playable.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of uninspired "lol won't happen" mayflies passing through as well, but to call most of them disingenous would be generous.
All comes down to who the bigger people are.
No. It comes down to this issue generating a lot of conflict, as I just explained.
17/05/2018 14:21Posted by Malthan
It's the entitled arguing over them that I can't abide.
I absolutely agree.

No one is owed anything in this context, yet that is repeatedly the tone that infects far too many of the posts arguing in favour of making them playable.
I'd actually argue that blood elf posters here express a higher degree of feeling owed something, which they use as a main reason against high elves.
17/05/2018 14:27Posted by Azrathel
I'd actually argue that blood elf posters here express a higher degree of feeling owed something, which they use as a main reason against high elves.

That's an elaborate way of saying "no you"
17/05/2018 14:28Posted by Morra
17/05/2018 14:27Posted by Azrathel

That's an elaborate way of saying "no you"

lmfao
17/05/2018 14:21Posted by Morra
Is it stands at the moment these threads are nothing more than a slightly elf related lounge

Maybe thats because of all the anti comments spamming out pages to quelch the conversation? Might have something to do with it.

I like high elves just fine. It's the entitled arguing over them that I can't abide. No one is owed anything in this context, yet that is repeatedly the tone that infects far too many of the posts arguing in favour of making them playable.

Thats not my experience. Perhaps we have different experiences because we view the topic differently. If you go in with the idea that people are demanding something, then you're going to get the idea that they're entitled.
But I have to ask, what exactly has been very entitled about it? Do you have any examples?
17/05/2018 14:21Posted by Morra

Maybe thats because of all the anti comments spamming out pages to quelch the conversation? Might have something to do with it.

Or maybe it has something to do with a "no" that blizz gave already numerous times.